Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Simo' Says...

I intend to use my blog to keep you informed of things happening with my car(s) and anything in life I find interesting, unusual or worthy of sharing! Please check back regularly to see what's been happening in the world of Simo
Rate this Entry

Hot-stuff!

Submit "Hot-stuff!" to Google Submit "Hot-stuff!" to Facebook Submit "Hot-stuff!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Hot-stuff!" to Digg Submit "Hot-stuff!" to Twitter
Posted 19th November 2008 at 23:22 by Simo

Over the last couple of weeks/months I've visited quite a few different chemical plants throughout Europe and the US. Whilst most of what I've seen has been pretty 'normal' for me, I thought I'd share a few interesting photos of some glass furnaces, as you dont get to see this type of stuff every day

I won't give too many details away, but these furnaces produce glass by melting sand and ash together at very high temperatures! The output from the furnace is a hot, sticky, molten viscous fluid glass, which very quickly solidifies (in a matter of seconds!)

I could stand and watch these things all day long - they are pretty fascinating (is that sad!? lol) I always get that strange feeling about wanting to dip my finger in the molten glass too... like the feeling of wanting to jump off a high-rise building... or is that just me?

The heat generated by these long gooey glass chains certainly helped to clear up my cold today! I may have to go back for another warming tomorrow!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0300.jpg (42.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_ 070.jpg (41.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_ 075.jpg (46.6 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0542.jpg (64.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0544.jpg (34.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0546.jpg (67.9 KB, 21 views)
Posted in Simo' Says...
Views 7607 Comments 5
Total Comments 5

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I've found these to be fascinating too, but not enough to make a blog

Some good photo's there btw. So why have you been visiting these? I take it this is your other life?
  2. Old Comment
    cool! love stuff like this!

can you bring me back a chunk of dutch glass please!!!!! (i'm being serious)
  3. Old Comment
    Glass clogs Barrett

Interesting anyways, Simo' on Tour aye
  4. Old Comment
    Ive got you a chunk of glass Mikey
  5. Old Comment
    I've still got this lump of glass for you Mike... maybe we can do an exchange when you let me have my 110v transformer back

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks