Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Simo' Says...

I intend to use my blog to keep you informed of things happening with my car(s) and anything in life I find interesting, unusual or worthy of sharing! Please check back regularly to see what's been happening in the world of Simo
Rate this Entry

Car Makes it to Donnyshow.

Submit "Car Makes it to Donnyshow." to Google Submit "Car Makes it to Donnyshow." to Facebook Submit "Car Makes it to Donnyshow." to StumbleUpon Submit "Car Makes it to Donnyshow." to Digg Submit "Car Makes it to Donnyshow." to Twitter
Posted 14th May 2009 at 00:56 by Simo

April 2002... Arrival at Donny 2002.

Thanks to the help of Danny, Gaz, Dave and Lee the car was repaired, cleaned and polished ready for the Donny show... even though I had to leave 8 hours later than planned.

The new bumpers look good and the stainless steel mesh really does help the appearance of the car even though it was a real pain to fit.

The Apexi exhaust really, REALLY sounds amazing, giving a deep burble and plenty of lift-off popping... class! The exhaust system definately was worth the huge expense. The car got a lot of attention at the Donny Show, but once I arrived back at home, I still had to fix the 5th injector problem. A trip to Demon Tweeks was arranged.

April 2002... Spend, Spend, Spend.

Instead of buying a replacement Dastek boost controller then needing expensive rolling road sessions to set the fuel mapping up, I decided to buy an ERL MF2 injector driver from Demon Tweeks. Myself and Gaz wired this into the sensor circuits and within about an hour, we were mapping the car's fuelling, using the air/fuel ratio meter to aid us. The mapping was very easy to adjust... amazing!

Whilst at Demon Tweeks I thought I would improve the engine conversion a little by purchasing some exhaust heat wrap to protect the alternator from radiant heat from the turbo downpipe. I also thought the engine would benefit from a 19 row oil-cooler. (double the current capacity), so I bought one of these too.

After a bit of a nightmare trying to find some decent, reliable oil hose the job was finished... and the results were good.

Views 2745 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks