Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Simo' Says...

I intend to use my blog to keep you informed of things happening with my car(s) and anything in life I find interesting, unusual or worthy of sharing! Please check back regularly to see what's been happening in the world of Simo
Rate this Entry

More fried Electronics & new Turbo!

Submit "More fried Electronics & new Turbo!" to Google Submit "More fried Electronics & new Turbo!" to Facebook Submit "More fried Electronics & new Turbo!" to StumbleUpon Submit "More fried Electronics & new Turbo!" to Digg Submit "More fried Electronics & new Turbo!" to Twitter
Posted 31st January 2010 at 21:32 by Simo
Tags t25 turbo

November 2004... More fried Electronics?

With the car fresh from it's rolling road tune, it was due to make a trip down to Donington for the Saxperience Meet! On the morning of the meet I took the car for a spin to make sure everything was OK... unfortunately it wasn't?? The car wouldn't rev above about 2.5k rpm and when it did it would retard the ignition and backfire?

It sounded like an ignition timing fault. This was really bad timing and meant that my car couldn't make it to the Donington meet. Gutted!

After a couple of weeks I found enough spare time to diagnose the problem... After trying all sorts of things, the problem was eventually tracked down to a faulty Dastek Unichip, which meant incorrect ignition timing signals were being sent to the ECU. What is it with my car and electronics??

I decided to take the easy route and remove the Dastek Unichip from the system... after all, the MF2 controller was doing the majority of the on-boost fuel compensation. Luckily, the fuelling was great with the Dastek disconnected and that's the way it stands right now!

Turning my attention away from the engine for a short while, I decided that my Falken tyres were in desperate need for replacement. They had managed to last almost 3 years!! After looking at a number of performance tyres I decided to go for either the Goodyear Eagle GSD3's or a set of road legal track tyres, in the form of the Toyo R888's.

After looking into the R888's in more detail, it looked like they would only be good for 3000 road miles, which meant that they wouldn't last too long at all! I opted for the GSD3's and have so far been totally happy with them, both in the dry and the wet!

With four new tyres and the new suspension, which I had fitted earlier in the year, the car now felt really stable and gripped the road so much better!

With the thought of my glowing red manifold lurking under the bonnet, I decided to look into replacing the turbocharger, in favour of a higher flowing unit... a hybrid Garrett T25 was selected and 'one day' may find its way under my bonnet (BUT, I need to sort out more reliable transmission before increasing the boost pressure further!)

Views 2872 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks