Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > MikeCracknell

Rate this Entry

A History of my Vehicle Fleet :)

Submit "A History of my Vehicle Fleet :)" to Google Submit "A History of my Vehicle Fleet :)" to Facebook Submit "A History of my Vehicle Fleet :)" to StumbleUpon Submit "A History of my Vehicle Fleet :)" to Digg Submit "A History of my Vehicle Fleet :)" to Twitter
Posted 25th March 2008 at 19:27 by MikeCracknell

Woohoo a Blog of mine at last! Not had one of these before lol!

Anyway, gonna put up some stuff about the various vehicles I have owned over the years!

I passed my test on 11th November 2000, but even before I had my car licence, I had my motorcycle licence, and I owned two scooters and enjoyed life to the max on them!

My first scooter I owned was a Gilera Runner 125FX - two stroke engine, very nippy. I bought it in March 1999, and I got it March 1st 1999 - the first time ever that the number plates changed to twice a year, and yes, I got some very confused looks! This was the scooter that I did 55,000 miles on in the 2 1/2 years I owned it (I KNOW I have a chavvy load of clothes on!!!!)

I passed my full bike test in July 1999, which meant I could ride an automatic motorcycle that was more powerful than 125cc, but I didn't upgrade the bike until May 2001 - I had the two until about September 2001 when I sold the red one to a friend. My second scooter was a Gilera Runner 180SP - 180cc scooter, faster to 60MPH THAN A VTS. It started off life being completely silver, but I soon changed the paint scheme to make it totally unique and stand out! I travelled all over the country, and Europe on that scooter! I owned that until May 2006, when I sold it as I have got too much into having a car! I really enjoyed owning the scooters, but believe it or not, because they had to be serviced every 3000 miles, with the mileage I was doing and the cheapest service being £100, it was cheaper to run the car!

On the pavement in Barcelona

Before the paint job: Outside a cafe in Invermoriston nr ish Inverness

In the Olympic Village in Barcelona

Cars

I started to learn to drive when I was 180 - I wasn't really interested in cars at all back then, as I had the scooter, but when I passed my test in November 2000, I had to go out and buy a Peugeot 205 - it was only a 1.1, it had no modifications and cost me a whopping £1300 to insure TPF&T. I owned it a month before realising that it was ridiculous trying to keep paying for it as a student on part time wages! This was the car:

I got a full time job in June 2001, and I always liked the look of the Peugeot 106. In September 2001, I bought a brand new (big mistake money wise) 1,1 Peugeot 106 Independence. The insurance as a 19 year old was a mere £1500 on that car. I did 75k miles in the 106, I sold it in February 2004 to a friend. Here it is in the Highlands of Scotland:

While I owned the 106, I wanted to have a car to have some fun in, and I bought this 1 litre 205 that was chav style, I sold it after 1 month as it was a waste of money!:

In December 2003, I bought a brand new (big money mistake!) Fiat Punto Active Sport 1.2 Litre. It even had Air-Con! Was a very tacky car to say the least, but it did me very well, and I was very proud of it! It has been all over Europe and Britain. The first years insurance was free with the car, the second year cost me about £800. 45k miles later I sold it on.

During the ownership of this car, I bought a 205 GTI to "play around" with, but again, it was a waste of money, but a lot of fun!

August 2005, I bought a Saxo VTS, totally standard, was another "project". I had no intention of using it as my main car, or even selling the Punto in favour of the VTS, but time took its course, the Punto was sold, and the VTS was modified.

While I owned the saxo, another car caught my eye, it always had done, but as I had only just got into "hot hatches", I hadn't really thought about which one I had really wanted. Anyway, I bought the Zetec S - and owned it alongside the VTS. I hated it to start off with, but then I started to really like it. Due to money, I had to sell one of the cars, and I chose to sell the Zetec S. Here are some pics of my 1st Zetec S:

The Zetec S went in May 2007, and within a week, I had realised that perhaps I hadn't sold the correct car. The VTS really was a nice car, and I had many a good moment in it! It had been into Europe and round this country, but there was something about the Zetec S that I really did miss, so I gave up the VTS in January with 107,000 miles on the clock and bought another Zetec S, and I have never looked back at it!

Posted in Uncategorized
Views 17520 Comments 15
Main     Chavs »
Total Comments 15

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I seem to have notched up about 12000 miles in the Zetec S since I got that in January! Oh dear, never mind!
    Posted 25th August 2008 at 19:37 by MikeCracknell MikeCracknell is offline
  2. Old Comment
    Where have you been? lol.
  3. Old Comment
    I have no idea lol!!!!!! She didn't even go to Scotland!
    Posted 25th August 2008 at 21:47 by MikeCracknell MikeCracknell is offline
  4. Old Comment
    I have done 8000 miles since January, that's about average.
  5. Old Comment
    Its awesome that you learned to drive when you were 180

Was the fiesta anygood or?