Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Simo' Says...

I intend to use my blog to keep you informed of things happening with my car(s) and anything in life I find interesting, unusual or worthy of sharing! Please check back regularly to see what's been happening in the world of Simo
Rate this Entry

Time for a new Project!?

Submit "Time for a new Project!?" to Google Submit "Time for a new Project!?" to Facebook Submit "Time for a new Project!?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Time for a new Project!?" to Digg Submit "Time for a new Project!?" to Twitter
Posted 26th January 2010 at 22:06 by Simo

August 2004... Time For A Change.

With the new suspension working great, I started to enjoy the ride of my Saxo once more. I decided to focus some time on sorting out the bodywork, which had been finished in a MAD rush to get my car ready for the Saxperience show stand at the French Car Show back in May.

I wanted some after market mirrors, as the standard items didn't look right with the modified body styling. I had re-fitted my standard mirrors after selling my old M3's, then I ran out of time before the car show! A quick phone call to Garreth at G.S Motorsport sorted me out with a pair of fresh looking mirrors, which had only just been made available in the UK.

I wanted to make a few subtle changes to the bodywork and to make the necessary arch mods so that the wheels could never scrub on the new steel arches (This had been a big problem since fitting the arches). At the same time I also wanted to have the roof and the bonnet re-sprayed, as they were now a slightly different shade to the rest of the car, as they'd not been re-sprayed.

With the arches, both bumpers, the bonnet and the roof all needing attention, I decided to have a full re-spray done, so that all of the bodywork would be perfectly matched, but should I spray the car the same colour?

Whilst the whole car was being resprayed, it seemed like a bit of a waste to spray it the same colour, so I decided on a subtle colour change. Something, which was similar, but more blue? I didnt want a total colour change, as I hate it when you open the bonnet of a car and find the engine bay a totally different colour... and there was no way I was going to the hassle of lifting the engine out! (again)

After a fair amount of deliberation, I decided which colour would suit my needs; Nissan Skyline R34 blue - perfect! I dropped the car off once more at Sabre Auto Styling and let Salvo and the lads get busy, whilst I jetted off to Fuerteventura for a couple of weeks holiday!

When I arrived back in the UK, I nipped upto Sabre to see the finished article. The body mod's were great and there was now no danger of the wheels scrubbing on the bumpers or the arches. The colour was just what I was looking for. In comparison, the standard Poseidon blue definately looks greener. A right result!

Views 3132 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks