Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Simo' Says...

I intend to use my blog to keep you informed of things happening with my car(s) and anything in life I find interesting, unusual or worthy of sharing! Please check back regularly to see what's been happening in the world of Simo
Rate this Entry

$hit Happens!

Submit "$hit Happens!" to Google Submit "$hit Happens!" to Facebook Submit "$hit Happens!" to StumbleUpon Submit "$hit Happens!" to Digg Submit "$hit Happens!" to Twitter
Posted 12th May 2009 at 01:32 by Simo

November 2001... $hit Happens!

Unfortunately, SST went bankrupt a couple of months ago, before there was time to properly finish the latest mods on my car. This left me in a very sticky spot as everyone knew the car had a huge SST history.

Things have to continue and so I found a really good tuner who was local to me! This tuner came in the form of "RC Developments". I told Jenny and Clive at RC the history behind my conversion and they were really keen to help me out... "Phew!"

The car had developed a bad bottom end knock and a clutch replacement was needed, so the easiest way of checking everything out was for RC to take the engine out of the car and strip it down. This operation revealed quite a few "SST Nightmares!"

It turns out some really bad spannering had gone on in the past, which now meant I was left with a seized oil pump, a damaged crankshaft, 3 snapped oil spray bars, 4 damaged piston skirts... basically the bottom end was completely stuffed!

After looking into various options, I decided the cheapest way of putting things right would be to buy a replacement engine... and so I did!

December 2001... Things are back on the up.

My car's still at RC Developments and will probably be there until the end of January 2002. The turbo conversion is being totally re-worked and many flaws in the original kit are being designed out of the new project. After the new engine has been stripped down and re-built, quite a few new bits will be bolted on too.

I've also splashed out on a tasty new exhaust made by APEXi. Its a Jap-style exhaust finished in dark blue stainless steel. I am having a complete new exhasut system custom fabricated from the turbo back... this is a high quality hand-made system. I can't wait!

I have also ordered a 4-paddle AP racing clutch with uprated clutch cover from GMC Motorsport... this should be able to handle whatever power the turbo lump can throw at it. Fingers crossed, my car will be back on the road in no time... and be better than ever!

Views 2693 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks