Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Time Attack Racecar Planet Saxx supercharged! (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=359308)

sexy_gt 25th January 2011 18:55

Time Attack Racecar Planet Saxx supercharged!

hello and welcome to PLANET SAXX

This is where i am going to be updating my car as i develop it. aim of the car is to be a serious contender for trackdays and the odd Time Attack entry at my local CADWELL PARK.

who and what is PLANET SAXX ???

i bought X158 CLA 5 years ago in jan 09. since then saxo's have over taken my life, trackdays, working on the car at weekends and spending my every last penny i can spare to make my saxo faster.

like many on here i have gained a lot of knowledge from working on and driving my own car. a lot of you will of seen my youtube videos and know i enjoy a fast ride. if you havnt seen them then you can search PLANET SAXX on youtube.

many times people have said i need a blog so here it is. i hope you follow it with much enjoyment. everyone is free to leave comments + or - :y:

SPEC

rotrex sp30 charger etc... lol

X158 CLA was bought to replace my beloved s1 106 xsi 16v.

it came to me with a 60mm drop on standard dampers/spax springs and a set of lenso rs5 rims.

within a month of owning the car it was strapped to my local dyno at RASP.

giving a 118bhp @ 6,600 it was healthy

so with a clean bill of health we headed off to donnington for a trackday. we still had a set of r888's on a set of multispoke rims. also had just invested in a pair of OMP WRC seats.

after donnington i came away wishing i had much better brakes. i still had the 266 setup from my old 106 so on they went.

after a few trackdays i decided the old powerflow exhaust wasnt what i was wanting on the car. after owning a pugsport previously there was only one exhaust that interested me.

a saxsport 2"

the misses hated it as it was tiny compared to the old 3.5" jobbie.

it was after a snowy trackday at cadwell that i blew the arse out of the engine. from there on in the car has had more money spent on it than id like to count.

replacement engine. cleaned re-sealed and re-painted

baffle sump

brake fluid

mocal cooler

quality oil

billet flywheel

sparco cage

re-enforced strut top plates

door cards

also bought a pair of strut braces. you can also see the front foglights have been removed and blanked off to improve aero.

with the car sitting on its new o.z superleggeras/r888 rubber the car started to look well.

wheel refurbishment. im not bad with a spray gun. i do my own ceramic coatings too.

taken from a trackday at mallory

taken from a local car show

MORE TO COME

sexy_gt 25th January 2011 19:07

i said i do my own ceramic coatings...
cruddy old milltek manifold

cleaned

coated

before fitted

fitted

the milltek weighed in at half the standard one

at bedford gt i had an over cooling problem. thermo was stuck open

rear bumper modified

sexy_gt 25th January 2011 19:18

rebuilt the wishbones

carbon mirror caps

extended gear stck (made me lol)

before

after

i had to fit a quickshift to reduce the throw afterwards.

sexy_gt 25th January 2011 19:27

OMP wrc wheel bought from willsy

engine

recent brake upgrade

after a hand ful of trackdays with the replacement engine i wanted to get it on the dyno again.

milltek manifold, saxport and simota induction gave me 114bhp at the fly. gutted. to this date i think the dyno was wrong!

cured with a set of 708's

bodies

i have a predator ecu, 330 injectors and a 3.5 fpr to go in :)

sexy_gt 25th January 2011 19:30

i have a lot more to add but will do later :)

VTSjames 26th January 2011 21:20

Well you finally decided to do start a progress thread lol :y:

car gets better everytime i see it, there is always a new addtion everytime i talk to you :y:

some really nice trick bits fitted, some of which i think get overlooked by many people, but make a considerbale difference...really looking forward for when you get cams and bodies etc fitted... i hope your happy with the figure you achieve!!

You know my thoughts on your car, have a lot of respect for the amount of work you put into it an and the fact your always one step ahead of what your doing next :cool:

keep up the good work Stew :)

Thanks for all your help and advice by the way.. appreciate it :drink:

harry289 26th January 2011 21:35

wheels suit it so much! can't wait to hear it a full go at cadders.

after the suspension job you did on my car i would recommend you to anyone! top job!

Paul 26th January 2011 21:38

Really good read.
Glad you've finally got a progress thread :y:

Did you notice any difference after modifying the rear bumper? I've been tempted to do the same to mine, as i see that big open area acting as a massive 'parachute'. If its a big noticeable difference i might be tempted to do something similar.

If you're after any other track goodies have a wonder over to my forsale thread (sig).

VTSjames 26th January 2011 21:46

Paul, my rear bumper is also cut out like Stews's and in my opinion it does make a small difference... little example... start/finish at Cadwell Park BEFORE cut bumper, i was reaching 100mph before turning into coppice...AFTER rear bumper has been cut, im now reaching 105-107mph before turning into coppice :y: ( and this is my opinion on it...Stew may say otherwise. Hope this helps )

The rear bumper mod was the only thing done between the 2 days,

LVC 26th January 2011 21:48

Nicely written - keep it up - will be following this one :y:

Paul 26th January 2011 21:52

Interesting James.

Although its not a very accurate difference as variables change such as your line would be slightely different from the previous corner, the time you plant you foot on exit of the corner, even the weather on the day could affect it.

But in general terms, its interesting to know you've felt a small difference. Thanks :y:

VTSjames 26th January 2011 21:58

you got a good point there, should of taken all that into consideration... my bad lol (although 1st time was very warm and bone dry...2nd time was very slippery..but yeah i get you point :))

but generally you know yourself, if you notice any change in your car when driving it hard, and i would certainly say there is a small difference :y:

also i think when the bumper is cut out it looks awesome, so either way you get a good look and a 'non-parachuted' bumper lol

mark1311 26th January 2011 21:59

can i ask why, 330 injectors? seems a little big to me?

love this car tbh,... one of the few "track cars" on heres thts actuali a track car

AdamDougal 26th January 2011 22:01

I watched your video 4 times lmao! It was Awesome!!!
Car is amazing mate good luck with thr rest of it and your trackdays :y:
I'll be keeping tuned.

Olly 26th January 2011 22:20

nice write up. always good to read the owners description on the build/effort history of the car.

dougieph2 26th January 2011 23:01

nice progress with the car!

good work

loudandproud205 26th January 2011 23:13

So its just passing the level of the xsi now ;)

AM so glad you decided to upgrade your brakes lol

SaxoIOW 26th January 2011 23:22

Always been one of my favourite cars on the site, nice to see a proper thread for it now:y: Will keep a close eye on the progress, especialy when the new parts go on:p Going to be an awsome track machine:y:

-shuggles- 26th January 2011 23:49

Just epic! Been waiting ages for you to make a progress thread. I expect this to be a very popular thread:y:

Eskimo 27th January 2011 08:02

This car is amazing.. Easily my favourite.

Love watching your videos too

What camera you use to record? Or holder?

Can't wait for the parts to be put on.