Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Newbies Forum... (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Hello (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=475075)

ChezRX 3rd October 2017 16:01

Hello

Hello all,

I am from Sunderland in the North East of England. I have picked up a completely standard 02 Saxo VTR in icelandic grey very cheap as it has been sat for over two years and not moved or started and has had some bits robbed from the engine bay and has no interior so its a full on project. My first thoughts were to make it into a track slag but I am thinking I might actually turn it into my daily play toy if I get it running and road worthy which is going to be a bit of work lol. So I can see me using you lot a bit as I get this thing somewhere near usable

Samf2405 8th October 2017 19:07

Sounds like some good fun ahead! Luckily interiors, engine parts ect are cheap and readily available! Good luck!

gti180craig 8th October 2017 21:30

Welcome to the fold mate get some pics up

ChezRX 10th October 2017 22:15

Cheers guys and here you go some pics of the project lol [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChezRX 18th November 2017 16:32

Need your thoughts people currently the car is a VTR but for £300 I can get a VTS engine and Ecu so is that the best use of £300 or is it possible to get the 8v lump to play with the 16v for that sort of outlay?

sri_130 18th November 2017 18:27

I'd get it running first, see what is what.

ChezRX 13th January 2018 01:36

Finally got round to getting the car from my Mam’s to my garage and made a start on it

ChezRX 13th January 2018 01:44

First thing was first see if the engine was ceased! And no all seems well, next I started to work on what had been robbed from it while it had sat in previous owners garden for over two years as his parts cars lol.
So cars needs so far coil pack, air filter radiator, radiator fans, fuel pump relay, alternator belt, mid pipe,back box and a battery!
But I sort of knew most of these and have sourced them already and some extras too! Will hopefully give another update before the week is out

ChezRX 13th January 2018 01:49

And yes the car does look like it’s been parked next to the Titanic for many years lol and yes that was a pool of water in the foot well lol I may have not quite closed the roof last time I was looking around it lol

JamieConway88 18th January 2018 03:52

Hello. I'm also new here. This car seems to need lots of replacement and work on it. Please update when you fix it and show us the result :D

PirataSport 18th January 2018 12:41

Lookin both good and bad, but nothing that some hard hork can't solve. Wish you good luck with it! ;)

ChezRX 22nd February 2018 07:06

Little update on the car I have managed to get it to turn over !!!! I also bought a 4-2-1 for the car, but when I have offered it up to the engine it lines up perfectly but..... the oil filter is in the bloody way so I must have an earlier spec 4 branch. So the question is can I fit an early spec oil filter housing and is it as easy as just swapping it over or can I fit a slimmer oil filter ? Wondering if others have come across this ?

sri_130 22nd February 2018 07:29

A Clio 172 oil filter is 1/3rd the size and fits straight on.

ChezRX 7th June 2018 14:23

So on the new style oil filter housing the 172 filter fits and would clear my 4 branch?