Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Bug Reports (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Forum Search (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=474454)

BackSheep 8th February 2017 09:57

Forum Search

Anyone having a problem with searching the forum?

When I search it just takes me to a white page, if I refresh (after 10 seconds to avoid 10 second search limit) it takes me to the advanced search page, and repeats.

---

Wrong forum, sorry guys. Can this be moved to Bug Reports?

Scott 8th February 2017 12:27

What are you searching for? If its very generic i.e. tyre then it will time out the search due to the massive number of results. If you try to be more specific it should be fine

BackSheep 8th February 2017 12:29

Specifically the search term was "saxo alarm remote central locking". Quite a few keywords in there but I guess there's no doubt been a hell of a lot of discussion on those topics.

I'll specify the forum to search in ;) Cheers

BackSheep 8th February 2017 12:31

I tried selecting a couple of different forums (only 1 at a time) and each time it still timed out.

shannon-ob 8th February 2017 12:34

What is it you want to know?

BackSheep 8th February 2017 13:00

I've read contradicting things about remote central locking on a VTR (2001) - some say they come standard, some say they were an optional extra back in the day.

I don't have a remote key fob, but I do have central locking, and I do have the security keycard in the logbook needed to program a key fob - so I'm trying to determine whether my car would have remote central locking already and I just need to get a key fob programmed, or whether I have a central locking box that doesn't receive remote signals?

I know people have suggested Hawk boxes, but I'd prefer a standard OEM saxo one if it's possible.

shannon-ob 8th February 2017 13:55

Do you have the receiver in the roof console? By the interior light. I believe it would be an extra option for the car, my 53 plate VTR had, ABS and Dash, Seat airbags as options but no remote locking...

BackSheep 9th February 2017 16:04

Y'know what, I don't. However, I'm pretty sure there was a spare cable up there when I was fiddling before. I'll double check.

If it does have the cable, is this a sure thing that it just needs a receiver, or could it still be that the central locking unit in the car may still not be the correct one for remote central locking?

Literally the only reason I wanted OEM is because I don't like all the aftermarket fobs - but thinking about it I should probably just install a Hawk system and fit the guts into an OEM fob.

Simo 10th February 2017 16:56

I've just tried your search term and the problem was that you included 'saxo' in your search criteria.

There are hundreds of thousands of posts including the term Saxo. Delete this word and try your search again and the results appear in half a second.

Simo

BackSheep 12th February 2017 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simo (Post 6546703)
I've just tried your search term and the problem was that you included 'saxo' in your search criteria.

There are hundreds of thousands of posts including the term Saxo. Delete this word and try your search again and the results appear in half a second.

Simo

Cheers Simo - did wonder if it would be 'saxo' after.