Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   XBox Chat (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Minecraft (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=428068)

Ryanoo 28th June 2012 23:04

Minecraft

Anyone play this? Seen it's been hyped so bought it today, played it for like 3 hours without really getting anywhere lol. Seems like you can do lots of stuff with it and will be pretty good when it's fully updated.

Pitbull69 28th June 2012 23:10

aye me and my mate played it, just need 1 more challange to finish the achievements, but we havent found a way of joining other peoples games, seems you can only join friends list games, which sucks tbh

GolfJay 28th June 2012 23:10

Love it. Add me (L1QuiD)

Ryanoo 28th June 2012 23:13

At work mate, I will when I get in, you any good at it? Just read about the world seeds and stuff which seem pretty cool, what one do you usually use? I can't seem to find anything other than Iron ore lol. (Btw loving the Teddies lol)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitbull69 (Post 6007880)
aye me and my mate played it, just need 1 more challange to finish the achievements, but we havent found a way of joining other peoples games, seems you can only join friends list games, which sucks tbh

Yeah I heard about that.

Pitbull69 28th June 2012 23:15

the good stuff is at the very bottom, but just be careful of the lava, make mines down below and make sure you keep most your stock in your chests incase you get caught out by the lava or monsters.

saxova 28th June 2012 23:17

I prefer to play with Lego.

Better Graphics hahahaha.

Ryanoo 28th June 2012 23:21

Yeah I was in a natural cave that was pretty flippin' deep had some iron init, so I should've just dug deeper? I've just read this: ign guide and shit like digging in spiral staircases and digging into hills to start is what I done anyways lol, common sense really, the graphics are poor but it's pretty cool game play wise, after a while you could build cities and shit lol which would be pretty cool! Am sure they will update it so you can play with randomers at some point.

Ryanoo 28th June 2012 23:29

Quote:

Once you have some Iron Ingots, make an Iron Pickaxe. You don't have to use it the whole time, just keep it with you. When you get 50 layers below sea level (14 layers above the bedrock), you'll start to see rarer types of ore to mine. Redstone is fairly common in these layers, and it can only be mined with a Pickaxe made of Iron or better. If you mine it with a Stone or Wood Pickaxe it will simply disappear and you'll lose the precious Redstone.
There we go! I was building houses on hills and stuff :\

Pitbull69 28th June 2012 23:36

me and my mate built one big house and dug the floor out, when we went to surface we just blocked off the exit so we could sleep and stay safe,

Ryanoo 29th June 2012 00:21

I plan on building a fortress just seems like it'll take ages. Then next 1.7.3 update will contain more things which is cool and due early july! :D

Can't wait to play this after work lol, how sad lol.

Pitbull69 29th June 2012 00:29

it doesnt take long at all, as you can make it out of anything, I used wood at first thinking it was stronger than dirt, but then anotehr mate whose been playing it ages on the PC says the only difference between building materials is colour, so we then knocked the wooden house down and made a massive dirt house,

Ryanoo 29th June 2012 00:37

Yeah I thought that there wasn't any difference strength wise, I build a quick shelter on the coast (got caught off guard) whilst I digging it out I accidentally dug out in the sea and it came pouring in so I started messing around trying to build a lake inside waiting for day break but then a creeper showed up so I quickly blocked the hole off with gravel lol..

Gonna build a town when I get in.

GolfJay 29th June 2012 18:51

The next update brings a new mode where you get infinite blocks, you can fly etc... just to build things. You'll also get pistons and other tweaks.

Dedicated servers WILL be here eventually.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?haz5ek

Ryanoo 4th July 2012 01:12

I read the update, didn't know about that building thing though.

Is too much effort atm got bored of it already.

Scott 4th July 2012 10:27

hmm see i was going to download it, sounds like fun for a bit but then...

GolfJay 4th July 2012 18:19

It is good fun :D

Ryanoo 6th July 2012 01:08

You just dig a massive hole get a shit load of stone fine a massive cave get the ores then build some train tracks then realise you just spent 3 hours on it lol...

Scott 6th July 2012 10:56

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/07/0...-on-1st-august

GolfJay 6th July 2012 15:20

Thats me happy! Cheers Scott.

smiith 6th July 2012 15:39

I'v just youtubed this... Is it seriously sold as a game? Sega Megadrive had better graphics!