Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Saxo Problems & Queries (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Dashboard light brightness (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=476035)

Alexa 12th August 2019 20:05

Dashboard light brightness

Can I increase brightness on 1.4?

stevo67 13th August 2019 12:54

Not sure,but look for a little thumb wheel under the steering column shroud.

S6SAXO 13th August 2019 16:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexa (Post 6558922)
Can I increase brightness on 1.4?

I think you could probably change the bulbs that light the back, if theres isn't a wheel under where Stevo's mentioned bud.

aldred309uk 13th August 2019 18:36

On my 1.1 desire you press or hold the right hand button in the dash itself, left one for resetting the odometer, right one for dash brightness.

Alexa 13th August 2019 20:13

Wheel under the steering column is for head lights.If I press right button in the dash it starts setting hours and minutes,so I can use that either. Maybe I should change bulb, but where do I start -how to do that?

stevo67 14th August 2019 11:00

Mk1 or mk2 saxo ,which one have got?

aldred309uk 14th August 2019 20:37

The button in the instrument cluster is on a mk2 saxo

Alexa 14th August 2019 21:07

It's mk2.

aldred309uk 15th August 2019 12:29

Were you pressing the right hand instrument cluster with the engine running and the lights on?

Scott 15th August 2019 17:14

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73370

might be useful

Alexa 15th August 2019 19:26

Thank you guys engine was not running when I pressed the button. But still I would like more light, only left half let's say has dissent light ,but the right one not so good.

aldred309uk 16th August 2019 18:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexa (Post 6558959)
Thank you guys engine was not running when I pressed the button. But still I would like more light, only left half let's say has dissent light ,but the right one not so good.

Try using the right hand button with the engine and lights on. The left button resets the service interval and the right hand button does the clock. With the engine on, the left button swaps between total and recent mileage and resets the recent mileage and the right button changes the dash brightness. Try again with engine and lights on and let us know if that works please.

mtee 22nd August 2019 19:24

If the dash lights are with bulbs (that is, not LEDs), one bulb may have blown or become sooty. If this is the case, just replace all bulbs there.
Note that also the heater controls, the cigarette lighter receptable and the automatic gearbox gear indicator are illuminated with tiny bulbs.
I've done all these bulbs in my Saxo 2000. All old bulbs were either blown or sooty black.

dturbo 25th August 2019 11:06

As above, if the illumination is uneven it is probably a blown bulb. That said, the brightness button (which also sets the clock if held in) only works with the engine running (and lights on of course otherwise the dash doesn't illuminate). Short presses cycle the brightness through increasing brightness then back down again after it reaches the brightest setting.

Alexa 25th August 2019 16:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtee (Post 6559042)
If the dash lights are with bulbs (that is, not LEDs), one bulb may have blown or become sooty. If this is the case, just replace all bulbs there.
Note that also the heater controls, the cigarette lighter receptable and the automatic gearbox gear indicator are illuminated with tiny bulbs.
I've done all these bulbs in my Saxo 2000. All old bulbs were either blown or sooty black.

How did you change the bulb?

mtee 26th August 2019 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexa (Post 6559062)
How did you change the bulb?

Remove the plastic "collar" between the steering-wheel and the dashboard by undoing the screws that keep the top and the bottom parts together.

Undo the 2 screws above the speedometer. There may be 2 more screws behind the steering column collar, I don't remember exactly. Now you can detach the plastic trim around the speedometer unit.

Undo the screws that fix the speedometer unit to the dashboard, pull out the speedometer unit, and disconnect its cables.

Now you can replace all bad bulbs. The bulbs are not expensive, so once you are there just replace all bulbs that are even slightly dark.

mtee 26th August 2019 16:44

See also http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=338918

Alexa 27th August 2019 13:25

Big thanks!!!!

Alexa 27th August 2019 19:22

After removing the dashboard I found out that unfortunately there are no bulbs,only light integrated in to circuit board,so there is no nothing to change.

mtee 28th August 2019 04:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexa (Post 6559092)
unfortunately there are no bulbs,only light integrated in to circuit board

Hm, then your car must be younger than mine. Maybe it's possible to replace a broken LED? Or, you need to get a new or secondhand replacement circuit board or speedometer unit.