Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Saxo Engine/Performance (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   confused on j4/jp4 and jp4s part numbers (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=454507)

jeffchiz 5th August 2013 19:58

confused on j4/jp4 and jp4s part numbers

as a lot of people on here i assumed that the jp4/jp4s engine uses larger inlet valves compared to the j4 engine

looking on the citroen parts website the j4 and jp4 inlet valve part numbers are exactly the same its only the jp4s which apparantly uses different inlet valves

secondly, again i was under the immpression that the jp4 valve springs and therfore the caps were different (weaker) to the j4 counterparts, even all the big websites say to fit j4 springs when fitting wilder cams..

however again the citroen service website states that the j4 and jp4 use the same springs and caps.. and again its only the jp4s use different springs

so currently citroen are telling me the jp4 engine i have has the same size valves as the j4 engine and that i dont need to fit j4 springs/caps in to my jp4 head to run wilder cams, this seems like a load of bull shit to me, do you guys recon they've just got part numbers mixed up across the 3 different engines?? otherwise what i and a lot of other people seem to think are wrong when it comes to fitting the saxo vts head internals in to the jp4 head to make it 'stronger'

wadoryu 5th August 2013 20:15

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they were the same. Forum bullshit and all.

jeffchiz 5th August 2013 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by wadoryu (Post 6351950)
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they were the same. Forum bullshit and all.

i could believe that if the big websites didnt say that saxo vts springs/caps MUST be used, but even they kind of disagree with each other, kamracing states that the saxo followers must also be used when running wilder cams, but pug1off states only the springs/caps need to be replaced grr it feels liek im going around in circles

think im still going to go ahead and fit saxo springs/caps in to my head and keep the jp4 followers and collets, they must be stronger, everythingin me is telling me to listen to citroen and forget the forums advise but i do strongly believe the part numbers are wrong lol its not like fitting saxo vts internals is a new thing its been done for years in countless engines..

monka 5th August 2013 21:12

I've just had a look and between a 106 gti and a 206 tu5jp4 there are difference's

jeffchiz 5th August 2013 22:04

ive screen shot all the part numbers from a saxo vts, c2 jp4 and c2 jp4s i can post them if you like

jeffchiz 5th August 2013 22:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by monka (Post 6351966)
I've just had a look and between a 106 gti and a 206 tu5jp4 there are difference's

where did you get these part numbers from?

BenPUG106 6th August 2013 01:07

Interesting. I have a JP4S engine though so I had no worries :)

axsaxoman 6th August 2013 08:34

J4 (saxovts +106 gti) does have different valves + springs + caps
jp4 (plastic rocker cover ,no block breather pipe + plastic paper filter type ) has larger inlet valves

monka 6th August 2013 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffchiz (Post 6351995)
where did you get these part numbers from?

peugeot service box, from what i read it fits in with axsaxoman, inlet valves where diff, so where springs, but i think followers/caps where different.

Ross 6th August 2013 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by axsaxoman (Post 6352054)
J4 (saxovts +106 gti) does have different valves + springs + caps
jp4 (plastic rocker cover ,no block breather pipe + plastic paper filter type ) has larger inlet valves

This - 100%. I've compared a j4 and jp4 inlet valve next to each other, in my hand. They're different sizes.

jeffchiz 7th August 2013 21:36

Don't get me wrong everything that's been pointed out is what I knew to be true just wondered why the part numbers don't seem to match up :s

axsaxoman 8th August 2013 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffchiz (Post 6352646)
Don't get me wrong everything that's been pointed out is what I knew to be true just wondered why the part numbers don't seem to match up :s

your looking at the parts book wrong
jp4 was never fitted to any saxo or 106
started with the xsara +pug206
j4 engine was only ever fitted in a saxo =106

jeffchiz 9th August 2013 16:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by axsaxoman (Post 6352740)
your looking at the parts book wrong
jp4 was never fitted to any saxo or 106
started with the xsara +pug206
j4 engine was only ever fitted in a saxo =106

Read post 5... I know what engines were fitted in to what cars. When I'm.home ill post the screen shots