Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Guide- How to fit a Hawk remote locking system. (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=360742)

Petee 1st February 2011 18:47

Guide- How to fit a Hawk remote locking system.

Ive decided to put up a little guide helping everyone who is fed up of the crappy saxo Fobs.

Hawk alarm

That is the system this guide is based on.

UNPLUG YOUR BATTERY

1. Removing the glove box- 2 screws on the front, and 4 screws on the back, if you get right into the foot well and look up you should see a metal plate, with a big black thing with lots of wires coming out of it. you have to slide that along to get the glove box passed all the wires.

MK1 Glove Box- 1 screw at the top, and theres 2 more screws behind some bits of rubber :y:

I also removed the Glove box lid to make it easyer 3 screws then little pull and it will pop off.

2. Now you have to find the Centrol locking socket, if you look straight through the glove box on the top left you should see a brown plug with numbers written on it. Pull it out.

3. First off you need power, if you take a look at the brown plug, you should see numbers where the wires go in. Number 1 should be grey tap into that for power.

4. Earthing- If you are sat in the passenger seat and you look up in the foot well on your left you should see a bolt, if you undo this bolt and pull the carpet back you should see a bolt. This is where you are going to earth your wires.

Wires you need to earth.

-Yellow wire
-Yellow wire with a black stripe
-Black wire

5. Central locking
Now locate the white wire from the hawk central locking kit, this needs to go into number 7 on the central locking connector.

Now you have to find the white and black white from the hawk central locking kit, this one needs to go into number 5 on the central locking connector.

You are Almost there now! Plug everything back in and get your hawk fob. press the lock button and you should see the little LED blinks, your doors should also lock! If they do you have done everything right. If not check you have earthed all the wires i have mentioned.

6. Hazards flash. This is optional but its best to do it!

Now you are going to wire into the hazards so when you press lock/unlock they flash.

The fun part...

Now you want to take the centre console out, 5 screws 2 under the caps on either side of where the hazard button is, just above the air controls, one right at the bottom in the middle.

now you need to pull the Air controls off the little dial and the 2 slidy stick things.

Now you should be able to pull the centre console out

Take a look at the hazard button from the back of the console pull it out to make it easyer to get too.

Locate your 2 brown wires from the Hawk central locking kit. Now you want to look really closely at the plug that goes into the hazards button. you should see numbers on them. You want to put 1 brown wire in Number 5, and 1 brown wire in number 6.

Your all done!

Put all the centre console and glove box back in etc...

I stuck my Hawk box on the bottom of the glove box, now you may want to cable tie all the wires up to neaten it all up.

All the wires that are still loose you can either cut off or just role them up and cable tie them up.

Now you have a brand new remote locking system.

:afro:

liam_b 2nd February 2011 17:53

good guide how meny people have used these units?

marcusd 2nd February 2011 18:11

i got full alarm from hawk. but never did all that with removing glovebox or using hazard switch as wiring guide they gave me for saxo was mostly under steering wheel.

ryza 2nd February 2011 18:26

i got the one he's got, very cheap and very good quality, and easy 2 fit. i done a little guide somewhere aswell. but this is very good :) should be made a sticky

parry121 2nd February 2011 19:18

spot on quide mate :y:

stevo67 3rd February 2011 11:49

Just to ask i`ve just looked behind the glovebox & the only brown plug I can see is a round 1 is this the correct 1?

Thanks.

Steve.

LVC 3rd February 2011 12:29

Take the glovebox out Steve - the plug you want is really high up and almost impossible to see without removing the box - it should be rectangular 9 pin and is the highest plug on the LHS that you can find :y:

stevo67 3rd February 2011 16:57

Right i`ve had a look at my glovebox theres 2 screws at the front the actual glovebox is moulded to the dashboard ie 1 piece.

Steve.

SaxSpeed 3rd February 2011 17:03

when i did my remote central locking, i got my live, earth, signal wires and everything conected up inside the door, asin i fitted the full kit into the door so it was behind the door card, but thats remote C/L not an alarm

stevo67 4th February 2011 15:24

Right just to ask my saxo is a mk1 saxo i`ve undone the screws for the glovebox now to take the glovebox out do you push it out from the front?Or do you push from the back?

Thanks in advance.

Steve.

stormjojo1982 5th February 2011 19:40

cheers mate just done this today and works a treat now.

steve i pushed mine out from the front, i found pushing it down while twisting to the left was easiest

Karlb1 6th February 2011 01:00

Just ordered mine mate ;) im guessing you have to solder all the connections? like into the brown plug? and i know im gonna sound nooby but how do you earth them?

stormjojo1982 6th February 2011 01:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karlb1 (Post 5094550)
Just ordered mine mate ;) im guessing you have to solder all the connections? like into the brown plug? and i know im gonna sound nooby but how do you earth them?

you earth it by taking the three wires mentioned in the guide, then find the nut behind the carpet under the foot well loosen this a little then wrap the wires behind it.
tighten the nut up and you're done.

i used crimp connectors for the wires

stevo67 7th February 2011 16:17

Just some info folks i`ve taken my glovebox right out & on my saxo there is no brown box to plug the central locking unit into just a space with some holes.

Steve.

Petee 7th February 2011 16:20

Does your car have central locking?

stevo67 7th February 2011 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petee (Post 5098608)
Does your car have central locking?

Yes mate but not remote central locking.:y:

Steve.:drink:

Petee 7th February 2011 20:10

Oh right :/, im not sure what you have to do then.

Sorry about that mate

Karlb1 7th February 2011 21:25

I've never crimped wires before, would i be ok soldering them and taping them up?

Karlb1 8th February 2011 16:43

Petee is there any way you can take some pictures of how yours sits at the moment?> so i can get a look at how its wired and stuff?

SaxSpeed would you say yours was easy to do? how did you manage to do it?

Petee 8th February 2011 16:49

I used krimps mate, you can also get special little connectors from halfords that will do the same.