Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   Josh's AX Maxi build (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=471653)

joshtd 10th September 2015 17:52

Josh's AX Maxi build

Hi guys thought id post my progress up over last few weeks since owning the car on here as AXOC is tbh not very active.

Get some welding done soon by someone hopefully and then get the bay sprayed before sourcing tu5j4 or tu5jp4

joshtd 23rd April 2016 20:02

Got the welding done. both sides of bay needed doing and arches are also sealed now.
Engine and Vts conversion parts all bought aswell waiting to be fitted dont think will be for a while though.

joshtd 25th April 2016 15:28

More work done saxo struts fitted on Gaz coilovers, brembo 4 pots and discs fiited roughly so shell is now rolling.

Next on the list is a refurbed back axle from IM axles and take the rough saxo vts one, over to them to exchange. Then its over to the satchell for front and rear suspension set up next (Maxi width).

sexy_gt 14th May 2016 18:50

I want another AX :(

joshtd 24th May 2016 18:23

Do you Sexy you used to own one then?

Fitted Uprated reconditioned saxo rear axle last Sunday. upgraded bearings and polybushed, also new SNR hubs.

The struggle was balancing the new one on one trolley jack and raising it without it falling off to get the first bolt in must admit there was abit of swearing and a couple of trips to screwfix for extra tools!

Excuse the dust sheets no back glass in and dont want dust all filling up in there :)

Scott 1st August 2016 09:53

Sorry all should be restored

Mickswan 1st August 2016 13:49

Did you use an ax axle or a Saxo one?

joshtd 1st August 2016 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott (Post 6542082)
Sorry all should be restored

Thanks scott any idea what happened?

Ive used a saxo vts rear axle. Nie on impossible to get a ax gti rear axle which are 4 stud.

Car is also booked in at satchell engineering now with colin for front and rear suspension conversion and be4r gearbox mount, also bought a maxi kit and that will be trial fitted there. Cannot wait.

joshtd 1st August 2016 14:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexy_gt (Post 6539006)
I want another AX :(

Buy one then there a dieing breed.. i love a 106 or saxo but just wanted an ax just something about them i prefer...

joshtd 11th December 2016 21:33

Another update. picked the car up from colin down at satchell engineering on saturday.
I had: Front suspension kit upgrade with bilstein inserts and 300lb springs
Rear pushrod suspension kit with gaz setup
BE gearbox mount
Satchshift
The suspension colin fitted for me was maxi spec width so an extra 150mm over standard. I have my maxi kit waiting next to be fitted to the car and ill have it fully resrayed.

VTR_Craig 12th December 2016 10:56

awesome project. It looked really tidy at the start. keep the updates coming

Bedford126 12th December 2016 12:50

Looks very nice, some really good quality parts being used here, are you the one who bought the maxi kit from the Leeds based company?

joshtd 12th December 2016 20:05

Thanks guys. The plan is to keep it coming so cage next and then bodyshop for kit to be fitted and sprayed up :) i just want to drive the car ive got the itch lol.. but something tells me this is long term..
I bought my kit from tony at maximotorsport he is tied in with colin and i beleive sorts out all of the admin side of the buisness..

westwell_22 12th December 2016 21:39

Oh yeea

Subscribed:y:

joshtd 27th October 2019 20:31

Few more updates, been slow going but made some major steps in the right direction.

joshtd 27th October 2019 20:40

Guys i am trying to work out a method to post recent pictures to the thread. Anyone shed any light? Thanks.

joshtd 27th October 2019 20:52

joshtd 27th October 2019 21:06

https://imgur.com/KZkJLY5

Quick 27th October 2019 23:12

Quick 27th October 2019 23:14

Right click on your pic on original page, copy link & paste with img button...