Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   XBox Chat (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Is kinect on the xbox one worth it? (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=466615)

Chris_O 7th September 2014 16:54

Is kinect on the xbox one worth it?

Is it worth getting the one with kinect or not?

Is it literally just for voice recognition and and all that jazz? If so I could live without

Dany4494 7th September 2014 17:08

No its shite really pointless i sold my xb1 2 days after release i will be buying another xb1soon without connect when better games come out.

TomT 13th September 2014 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dany4494 (Post 6478727)
No its shite really pointless i sold my xb1 2 days after release i will be buying another xb1soon without connect when better games come out.

Can't really give a review then can you?

Most of my friends are mixed with their, one of them never has his plugged in, one of them thinks it's the best thing ever.

Not sure I would have bought the kinect version if there was a kinectless one when I bought it because I didn't really like the idea but I realise how much I use it when I'm using my 360 with no kinect, I seem to really miss telling Netflix to pause etc when I'm eating and little things like turning the volume up so I don't have to pause.

So is it worth it? Probably if you're going to use it to navigate. It's a lot quicker to get to your settings etc than going back to your home screen and scrolling over with the controller. But if you don't fancy talking to your Xbox then I doubt you'll mind not having it since you've not already got used to it like I have and it's not been incorporated into games that much.

Dany4494 13th September 2014 18:44

In that 2 days kinect was useless and didn't work and was pretty much identical to 360 l.

MuZiZZle 13th September 2014 19:48

The kinect is awesome, I can 100% dancing to Drop it like it's hot

*click click click, click click click click*

Gabbastard 13th September 2014 19:58

Its good for xbox fitness - I started doing the Mossa workouts and its kicked my hole big time. Voice navigating is really good. You can also use voice commands in battlefield, use head tracking in Forza to check whos beside you, use it for hd skype (wanking with friends, yay!).

Its a good bit of kit but Im not sure it wouldve been enticing enough for me to buy if it was available separate on launch.

Chris_O 13th September 2014 20:06

I had a load of tesco clubcard vouchers that you could use as double bubble until last Monday, so I ended up with an xbox one with kinect and Titan fall for £270. Not bad I thought! Just in time for all the decent releases in November as well

smiith 15th September 2014 11:54

One thing i don't like, is that the base setting for kinect puts the mic through it.. So playing any game, unless someone has had the sense to turn it off, all you hear is everyones day to day lives going on around their house.. Pisses me off when you're on battlefield, and you can hear some cunt talking to the mrs about what they should do for tea later..

Mine's now stopped working for no reason though.. Fun times.

kizmo22 15th September 2014 13:07

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GvYU4vY0jA

lol, reminds me of this...

kinect is nothing to worry about if you dont have kids!

TomT 17th September 2014 18:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by smiith (Post 6480854)
One thing i don't like, is that the base setting for kinect puts the mic through it.. So playing any game, unless someone has had the sense to turn it off, all you hear is everyones day to day lives going on around their house.. Pisses me off when you're on battlefield, and you can hear some cunt talking to the mrs about what they should do for tea later..

Mine's now stopped working for no reason though.. Fun times.

Mine did that the other day after the update, held the power button for 10 seconds to fully turn it off an unplugged the Kinect and plugged it back in when I turned the Xbox back on and it's been fine

smiith 17th September 2014 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomT (Post 6481461)
Mine did that the other day after the update, held the power button for 10 seconds to fully turn it off an unplugged the Kinect and plugged it back in when I turned the Xbox back on and it's been fine

Tried that, even tried unplugging it, doing the 10 second turn off, then back on, playing it a bit, then plugging it back in.. Still nothing

It's okay, it's under argos warrenty, i'll have em post a new one.. Already had 3 controllers off em!

TomT 17th September 2014 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by smiith (Post 6481522)
Tried that, even tried unplugging it, doing the 10 second turn off, then back on, playing it a bit, then plugging it back in.. Still nothing

It's okay, it's under argos warrenty, i'll have em post a new one.. Already had 3 controllers off em!

Ah well that's a pain but fuck me 3 controllers?

What you been doing to 'em

smiith 18th September 2014 15:31

Absolutely nothing.. That's what's got me fucked off.. One just used to slowly turn left in games.. So in Battlefield, aiming and stuff with a sniper, or a tank, was near impossible, because it just slowly turned away from the target.. So that one got swapped.. Next one just kept cutting power mid game.. Would be happily smashing tanks up on battlefield in a chopper.. "please reconnect controller" and it would smash the chopper into the ground..

Both times i took it back to Argos, they told me that they have had a fair few of them back in the past few months

GolfJay 20th September 2014 08:55

Kinect is well worth having in my opinion. Voice commands are a massive thing for me as it saves alot of button pressing and backing out of games. Example; you're in a "party" with friends but they've stopped talking and responding. You can check this by going to the party screen.

Without Kinect - Press the menu button, scroll to party, select, check friend is still in the party, B to back out, scroll back to game and then select.

With Kinect - While playing, say "Xbox snap party". The game continues playing and the party shows on the right. You see your friend is still there. "Xbox unsnap". Job done.

Kinect is used for more though. You can watch TV while playing just by saying "Xbox snap tv". You can also Skype, record gameplay and use it as a microphone if there is more than one person in the room.

GolfJay 20th September 2014 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by smiith (Post 6481820)
Absolutely nothing.. That's what's got me fucked off.. One just used to slowly turn left in games.. So in Battlefield, aiming and stuff with a sniper, or a tank, was near impossible, because it just slowly turned away from the target.. So that one got swapped.. Next one just kept cutting power mid game.. Would be happily smashing tanks up on battlefield in a chopper.. "please reconnect controller" and it would smash the chopper into the ground..

Both times i took it back to Argos, they told me that they have had a fair few of them back in the past few months

The scrolling left and right is actually a Battlefield problem, not the controller. Exactly the same on the Xbox360 version too.

smiith 20th September 2014 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by GolfJay (Post 6482249)
The scrolling left and right is actually a Battlefield problem, not the controller. Exactly the same on the Xbox360 version too.

New controller sorted the problem.. It did it in FIFA too, but i barely noticed it in that, since you don't need that much precision as you do to take someones head off with a sniper rifle from 5 miles away

Gabbastard 22nd September 2014 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by GolfJay (Post 6482248)
Kinect is well worth having in my opinion. Voice commands are a massive thing for me as it saves alot of button pressing and backing out of games. Example; you're in a "party" with friends but they've stopped talking and responding. You can check this by going to the party screen.

Without Kinect - Press the menu button, scroll to party, select, check friend is still in the party, B to back out, scroll back to game and then select.

With Kinect - While playing, say "Xbox snap party". The game continues playing and the party shows on the right. You see your friend is still there. "Xbox unsnap". Job done.

Kinect is used for more though. You can watch TV while playing just by saying "Xbox snap tv". You can also Skype, record gameplay and use it as a microphone if there is more than one person in the room.

Im in the dash preview group, the new dash allows a double tap of the xbox button to quickly do "record that" and to snap apps if you dont have a kinect.