Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   A possible improvement for For Sale section (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=208144)

Adam_Q 15th February 2009 19:32

A possible improvement for For Sale section

Hi all,

I'm having to delete quite a few threads under the for sale section as people are simply posting ebay/pistonhead links and under the rules its states

Quote:

Please refrain from posting ebay links. It is possible for members to look on ebay for said items at their own leisure.
So why not (if possible), when a user tries to sell an item and click on New Thread. They are then taken to the rules section and must accept them before continuing?

Could work but not sure if its at all possible....

Mr_X 16th February 2009 17:44

But would anyone read it?

TU-Tuning 16th February 2009 18:12

I dont understand why you cant put in ebay links, as long as you still give a good description in the post what does it matter? This site doesnt make any commision from sales so its not like its breaking trading rules

Mieran 16th February 2009 18:19

I don't get why forums hate external links?

Adam_Q 17th February 2009 06:34

I'm not sure why this isn't allowed but it is.....

If someone posts just a short description or no description and then post an ebay/pistonhead link it will be closed.

If you post a full description the link will just be removed.

Luke 17th February 2009 09:11

It says refrain from posting eBay links, so why does the same apply to Pistonheads etc?

Barry123 17th February 2009 09:28

no one cares.

SAJosh 17th February 2009 09:46

I think the ebay links is a good idea for the seller and buyer

Seller: reach more of an audience

Buyer: trusted marketplace - less chance of being ripped off and if they are they can dispute with ebay/paypal etc

other external sites not so sure

evans1089 17th February 2009 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAJosh (Post 3001402)
I think the ebay links is a good idea for the seller and buyer

Seller: reach more of an audience

Buyer: trusted marketplace - less chance of being ripped off and if they are they can dispute with ebay/paypal etc

other external sites not so sure

Thats a valid point tbh. ebays safer using paypal than buying on here imo

steviee90 17th February 2009 17:31

i suppose if its advertised on here, more people who are interested in saxos will see it, so if an ebay link is posted the seller is more likely to get more money, because its an auction, instead of the seller setting an exact price, tbh, i dont see the problem in posting ebay links, provding the seller gives the option of it being bought from here, and gives a full description of car, but if people would actually read rules, they would realise that at this point in time, its not allowed...

Adam_Q 17th February 2009 22:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by evans1089 (Post 3001582)
Thats a valid point tbh. ebays safer using paypal than buying on here imo

But who would pay the full amount for something you haven't seen. Most people view the car before handing over cash.... So I can't see how ebay is safer????

GrantM 18th February 2009 20:06

Just because its on ebay doesnt mean you cant view the car/part before the auction ends.

Agent-VIP 18th February 2009 20:25

I don't know why people post links to ebay?

People are quite capable of going to ebay and searching for the item if they want it..

Mieran 24th February 2009 18:26

I'm sick of going to the for sale section and see tons of threads that have been locked.

Adam can I ask why do you hate eBay so much???

Barry123 24th February 2009 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mieran (Post 3027515)
I'm sick of going to the for sale section and see tons of threads that have been locked.

It's not Adam, it's ryan. Blame your hate at ryan, send a rude pm and some soiled pants in the post.

he ALWAYS complains to me in everytime he sees me that people blame him for locking threads... so may as well cheese him off some more :cool:

Ryan 25th February 2009 00:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by adsayer (Post 3027676)
It's not Adam, it's ryan. Blame your hate at ryan, send a rude pm and some soiled pants in the post.

he ALWAYS complains to me in everytime he sees me that people blame him for locking threads... so may as well cheese him off some more :cool:

you are gay.
:n:

Ryan 25th February 2009 00:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mieran (Post 3027515)

On a side note, have you read the rules in for sale?

Quote:

Please refrain from posting ebay links. It is possible for members to look on ebay for said items at their own leisure.

AlexB 25th February 2009 00:36

sayer thats evil

i love it!!!!

Ryan 25th February 2009 00:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex-VTS (Post 3029264)
sayer thats evil

i love it!!!!

He knows i can edit his post to 'I love it in the bum' though.

Barry123 25th February 2009 00:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by adsayer (Post 3027676)

I never added that last bit...!?!?!!?

Ryan must have edited it...
filth.