Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Suspected Scammer Info (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   Ewynsaxo - Lock thread nothing more to be done on this matter (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345753)

Jordysport 5th November 2010 22:04

Ewynsaxo - Lock thread nothing more to be done on this matter

Ewynsaxo, bought a set of raceland coilovers from me for the very reasonable price of £120 (i asked him to cover paypal fee's of £5 but he didn't) i wasn't too fussed by this as i am reasonable, so £115. everything was fine, he organised a courier and i packaged up as best as i possibly could. and obiously he saw the pictures of the item and was satisfied to purchase it.

then 4 weeks down the line he says "mate the coilovers are fucked" so i went about it in a diplomatic way as i knew 100% that they were perfectly functional. he called saying that they were knackered so i said whats exactly wrong with them.... he didn't know so refered me to his mechanic who was working on them. he said that they were Dismantled and reassembled, and said the adjuster ring and damper were fucked.... then he said oh no my mistake it was just loose (the damper) now the main issue is with the Adjuster ring, and i have pictures of them in perfect working order ie Not cross threaded, now i assume when they were reassembled they were crossthreaded. so now its gone through paypal and guess what even with all the evidence i have provided they have refunded him so now i have a set of coilovers which he/his mechanic has buggered, and nothing.

Avoid buyer, utilises paypal's leaneancy to buyers to take advantage of sellers. I have a high reputation on this forum and i wouldn't risk that for £120 coilovers so i have strict quality control measures which were upheld.

DanViner 6th November 2010 00:04

He sounds like a ballbag

huggy54 6th November 2010 10:25

That's the thing with Paypal, it can go both ways. it can help protect the bad guys, as long as their the buyer. Paypal always favor the buyer. That's why sometimes I prefer to make the sale face to face with the buyer and get them to check the item there and then, so they could never come back and say anything else a later date and as its not through paypal theres no way the money can be reversed

EwynSaxo 6th November 2010 11:46

wtf mate
they were never reassembled or dismantled you sent them to me i had them fitted and had them removed that day due to the fact that they were damaged beyond repair.
i've offered to send them back to you. you just dont want to pay up and recieve the piece of shit coilovers you decided to send to me, your attitude to resolve this is just childish.

Mcwaffle 6th November 2010 12:08

having the same problem sent off set of struts now apparntly they have problems when they wernt before now he doesnt want them saying there nakered when i was using them fine and got me through a mot :-/ swings in roundabouts

Jordysport 6th November 2010 12:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by EwynSaxo (Post 4850008)
wtf mate
they were never reassembled or dismantled you sent them to me i had them fitted and had them removed that day due to the fact that they were damaged beyond repair.
i've offered to send them back to you. you just dont want to pay up and recieve the piece of shit coilovers you decided to send to me, your attitude to resolve this is just childish.

Thats what your "mechanic" told me when i spoke to him, here are the pictures before i allowed them to be collected.

Both adjustment rings are flush and not cross threaded like the pictures you showed me. If they were damaged when you opened the package, why did it take 4 weeks to tell me.

Mcwaffle 6th November 2010 12:27

if you include these photos with DATES you should be ok

Jordysport 6th November 2010 12:28

Nope, already supplied photos as proof, and dates etc, and still favoured with buyer. he even organised the courier but paypal see it as MY responsibility for it to get to him undamaged even if he organised the courier!!!!!!

Mcwaffle 6th November 2010 12:35

i do feel for you i have had this many times also now from now on i will say collection only tbh

EwynSaxo 6th November 2010 13:48

it didnt take 4 weeks it took 2 weeks mate
due to the fact that some people have jobs and dont have to time to have things fitted to their cars!
i offered to send them back to you mate, you didnt want them. so i'm perfectly happy to let pay pal sort it out as thats their job.
you dont wanna be fair and sorts things out maturely thats your problem
how do i know you didnt take them photos ages ago, you have no proof that they were in perfect working order. i had to spend 80 quid straight up on them having a professional engineer drill out ABS sensor into the legs, so i think i've lost out a lot more than you have mate, just grow up and except responsibility for the damaged good which you sent me

Jordysport 6th November 2010 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by EwynSaxo (Post 4850179)
it didnt take 4 weeks it took 2 weeks mate
due to the fact that some people have jobs and dont have to time to have things fitted to their cars!
i offered to send them back to you mate, you didnt want them. so i'm perfectly happy to let pay pal sort it out as thats their job.
you dont wanna be fair and sorts things out maturely thats your problem
how do i know you didnt take them photos ages ago, you have no proof that they were in perfect working order. i had to spend 80 quid straight up on them having a professional engineer drill out ABS sensor into the legs, so i think i've lost out a lot more than you have mate, just grow up and except responsibility for the damaged good which you sent me

I thought it was normal for when someone opened a package to check it for damage, maybe 6pm when most people get home from work.

I didn't want them back because who would want an item that was sent out undamaged and given back damaged.

The Photos were taken immediatly after they were taken off the car, i only had the car 2weeks before someone test drove the car and totalled it, so the photos could not of been taken if i didn't own the car.

As for proof i do have the pictures which others agree that they are fine, and past MOT cetificate shownig no advisories for them.

Plus i said that they were VTR struts, so thats not my problem that you had to drill abs holes, that was your choice. i refuse to accept responsibility for something that wasn't caused by myself. i thought the pictures would be satisfactory proof, along with other sax-p members but obiously not...

J222JRA 6th November 2010 15:58

Were they damaged in any way when the "engineer" altered them??

Am i correct in saying that the thread has been damaged on the adjusting nuts?? Were the threads thoroughly cleaned with a sof wirebrush before they were adjusted?? (This is what the manufacturers have stated with several sets i have purchased.)

Its always a tricky situation when the buyer has had the item for a couple of weeks and the item has been altered to suit your own needs. Personally i feel people need to check their items more thoroughly when they recieve them.

Finally im not sure about this being in the scammer section guys................. i think we need to leave this unfortunately and let paypal make their decision.

EwynSaxo 7th November 2010 11:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by J222JRA (Post 4850389)
Were they damaged in any way when the "engineer" altered them??

Am i correct in saying that the thread has been damaged on the adjusting nuts?? Were the threads thoroughly cleaned with a sof wirebrush before they were adjusted?? (This is what the manufacturers have stated with several sets i have purchased.)

Its always a tricky situation when the buyer has had the item for a couple of weeks and the item has been altered to suit your own needs. Personally i feel people need to check their items more thoroughly when they recieve them.

Finally im not sure about this being in the scammer section guys................. i think we need to leave this unfortunately and let paypal make their decision.

the engineer only touched the struts i have spoken with pay pal and im happy with the out come, why this was posted up on here i do not know, i just dont understand what jordy was expecting saxperience to do for him :n:
due to all this rubbish its totally put me off buying anything off here
and i hope that nobody else on here has a complete dick try their hardest to palm you off with rubbish gear, i once heard the phrase "you buy cheap you buy twice" that came into play for me as i had to go out and buy tidy coilovers as i really needed new shocks to pass an mot. As for jordy saying that i didnt check them properly when they arrived im no mechcanic, i didnt know what to look out for, but after your silly scam i do now!

Jordysport 7th November 2010 13:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by EwynSaxo (Post 4851859)
the engineer only touched the struts i have spoken with pay pal and im happy with the out come, why this was posted up on here i do not know, i just dont understand what jordy was expecting saxperience to do for him :n:
due to all this rubbish its totally put me off buying anything off here
and i hope that nobody else on here has a complete dick try their hardest to palm you off with rubbish gear, i once heard the phrase "you buy cheap you buy twice" that came into play for me as i had to go out and buy tidy coilovers as i really needed new shocks to pass an mot. As for jordy saying that i didnt check them properly when they arrived im no mechcanic, i didnt know what to look out for, but after your silly scam i do now!

Yeah paypal unfortunatly favour the buyer in 99.9% of cases, just wanted to put this on here so people know what to watch out for when using paypal and to be very careful of some sax-p members.

I never palmed the coilovers onto you..... you came to me wanting to purchasse them they are "cheap coilovers" everyone knows raceland coilovers are not the best hence the remarkably cheap price, proper coilovers sell for about £400-£500. And i would never ever consider scaming someone, if i was i wouldn't be so reputable on here. Will just have to wait till you send them back to see how much damage has been caused.....

EwynSaxo 8th November 2010 11:24

tbh mate i couldnt give a flying fuck what you think tbh, due to all your bullshit im just gonna leave this site and stick to my local club, that way when theres someone trying to rip me off, or chat a load of shit about me over the internet i can just go straight to their house and sort things out maturely and not just tell the world like you have displayed right here, all this thread says is you sell broken goods!

Proffitt 8th November 2010 11:36

If he sold broken goods, why did you fit them to your car?
Then tell him they were broken 4 weeks later? :S

Surely you must of looked at them before they were fitted?

Alanapone 8th November 2010 11:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by EwynSaxo (Post 4854164)
tbh mate i couldnt give a flying fuck what you think tbh, due to all your bullshit im just gonna leave this site and stick to my local club, that way when theres someone trying to rip me off, or chat a load of shit about me over the internet i can just go straight to their house and sort things out maturely and not just tell the world like you have displayed right here, all this thread says is you sell broken goods!

All this thread say's is you should have checked the goods upon delivery and reported any damage then AS YOU SHOULD DO, NOT after some "mechanic" had mauled with them and stripped the threads! If i was you pal, i'd be asking the garage for a replacement set NOT Jordy!

He has a good record on here and wouldn't jeopardise that for the sake of a few quid (compared to the amount of stuff he's sold in the past!) and to get rid of some coilies that everyone knows are cheap and cheerful.

EwynSaxo 8th November 2010 11:43

i didnt notice the adjusted was cross threaded, like most people the height is adjusted when they are fitted to the car.
pay pal favoured me cause im in the right!

Proffitt 8th November 2010 11:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by EwynSaxo (Post 4854197)
i didnt notice the adjusted was cross threaded, like most people the height is adjusted when they are fitted to the car.
pay pal favoured me cause im in the right!

I thanked your post because it made me laugh, not because you're right.

Red / Bold - If they came cross threaded then that's just your own fault tbh mate. It's common sense to check if they are okay to fit after buying of someone you don't know IMO.

SAM-S44MDS- 8th November 2010 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proffitt (Post 4854208)
I thanked your post because it made me laugh, not because you're right.

Red / Bold - If they came cross threaded then that's just your own fault tbh mate. It's common sense to check if they are okay to fit after buying of someone you don't know IMO.

I thanked your post because you talk sense :y:

IMO it does NOT take 4weeks to realise a set of coilovers are fooked. Fair enough if you aren't mechanically minded yourself you might not notice. Your 'mechanic' however, should have noticed, and he should NOT have started to tamper with them IF they where damaged. IMO he has messed about with them, therefore HE has damaged them.

Your mechanic should foot the bill, not Jordy