Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Saxo Engine/Performance (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Important! : Best place to find a saxo? (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=475739)

hsustyle 30th November 2018 23:26

Best place to find a saxo?

What websites are best to scan for vts /gti /16vd vtr?

Been looking all over incl ebay and gumtree and Facebook but can't find much.

£1200 budget. Will be used for track

dturbo 1st December 2018 01:15

Facebook Marketplace seems to be quite good, but sounds like you are checking there already. Basically just keep looking at ebay, gumtree & FB marketplace I think. There's quite a few VTR's on ebay, not many VTS's though.

Be prepared though, you are likely to end up with something cheap and in need of work !

hsustyle 1st December 2018 02:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by dturbo (Post 6554998)
Facebook Marketplace seems to be quite good, but sounds like you are checking there already. Basically just keep looking at ebay, gumtree & FB marketplace I think. There's quite a few VTR's on ebay, not many VTS's though.

Be prepared though, you are likely to end up with something cheap and in need of work !

Totally agree. Just after a little winter project, won't mind if it needs some work, I used to mess about with gtis and Rallyes back in the day.

dturbo 1st December 2018 09:41

Cool, well good luck. Depends where you are and how far you can travel too. I went about 2 1/2 hours drive away to pick mine up. Took a mate with a trailer to get it too, just as well - it wouldn't have made it back as it turned out despite looking good in the pics (which turned out to be pics from the previous sale of the car !).

Theres a vts on ebay that's been on for a while... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-S...oOUo:rk:4:pf:0

S6SAXO 6th December 2018 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by hsustyle (Post 6554997)
What websites are best to scan for vts /gti /16vd vtr?

Been looking all over incl ebay and gumtree and Facebook but can't find much.

£1200 budget. Will be used for track

You'll hate me but I literally just found (what I believe to be) an absolutely incredible deal.. 1195, Two-Tone VTR, 25k on the Clock! Rung them up, it'd been up for sale for 3 hours, 6 people had called in and 2 were seeing it that night.

I bit the bullet and paid a deposit there and then without seeing the car, I mean seriously - WHATEVER is wrong with it assuming it's not Gasket (but even that's a piece of piss on these things) it's a stonkingly good deal.

So excited.. Will reintroduce myself onto the forum within the next day or so.

Picking it up Saturday, my old User on here back in 2010 or so was SimbaVTR.

The nostalgia I'm currently feeling is absolutely incredible. One hell of a happy bloke.

S6SAXO 6th December 2018 10:09

Theres a vts on ebay that's been on for a while... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-S...oOUo:rk:4:pf:0[/QUOTE]

He's also a Sax-P member.

hsustyle 6th December 2018 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by S6SAXO (Post 6555018)
You'll hate me but I literally just found (what I believe to be) an absolutely incredible deal.. 1195, Two-Tone VTR, 25k on the Clock! Rung them up, it'd been up for sale for 3 hours, 6 people had called in and 2 were seeing it that night.

I bit the bullet and paid a deposit there and then without seeing the car, I mean seriously - WHATEVER is wrong with it assuming it's not Gasket (but even that's a piece of piss on these things) it's a stonkingly good deal.

So excited.. Will reintroduce myself onto the forum within the next day or so.

Picking it up Saturday, my old User on here back in 2010 or so was SimbaVTR.

The nostalgia I'm currently feeling is absolutely incredible. One hell of a happy bloke.

That's what I'm looking for! That nostalgic buzz. I' had vts /gtis/Rallyes back in the day, it's an itch I just need to scratch again.

S6SAXO 10th December 2018 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by hsustyle (Post 6555026)
That's what I'm looking for! That nostalgic buzz. I' had vts /gtis/Rallyes back in the day, it's an itch I just need to scratch again.

Well.. Picked it up on Saturday as originally planned and oh my goodness.. After 4 hours on a train journey utilizing the Underground service we made it to Reading. From there we drove her all the way home as a nice (well needed) run. She didn't skip a beat, needs a good clean now though, you should see under the bonnet, she's mint... and I mean mint.

Will get some photos etc produced throughout the week and start the progress thread, she's not worth doing anything too though as is probably worth x4 what I paid already.. :p

Now looking for another that I can use mid-week and keep this mint for the weekends/car-meets etc.. But to see 25k on the clock in this 17 year old minter is absolutely MIND BLOWING. :clapping::fcuk:

hsustyle 15th December 2018 11:33

Found one! A 16vd mango furio. Needs some love but a good amount of mods.

S6SAXO 15th December 2018 14:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by hsustyle (Post 6555088)
Found one! A 16vd mango furio. Needs some love but a good amount of mods.

Wehay! Congratulations brother.. When you picking it up? Was it the one on 106/Saxo parts fb group?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

hsustyle 15th December 2018 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by S6SAXO (Post 6555090)
Wehay! Congratulations brother.. When you picking it up? Was it the one on 106/Saxo parts fb group?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

That's the one
Collected it last night. Exhaust snapped in half on the drive down and has a nasty oil leak from cam covers and needs a few bits done but it gives me something to do!

nicholasVTS 23rd January 2019 13:21

Nice mate! If only a VTS!

Dany4494 26th January 2019 19:11

Pm Prickle he has loads

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk