Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Playstation Chat (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Playstation 4 Preowned Games - Developer Depending... (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=452172)

GolfJay 11th June 2013 18:31

Playstation 4 Preowned Games - Developer Depending...

Sony has taken the same stance as Microsoft...

Link

Prickle 11th June 2013 18:32

Omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgom gomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgo mgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgom gomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgo mgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgom gomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgo mgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

;)

Gain 20th July 2013 16:34

This is whats already in place on the PS3... like on Battlefield 3 and other EA games. you get a code to join online play, u can only use it once and if you buy a second hand game off ebay you have to go buy a new 'online' code.

L33h 20th July 2013 16:59

Takes the piss if you need a online code imo. Just means they can charge whatever the fuck they want for the games. I can see them being about £70

Prickle 20th July 2013 17:03

Its 7 quid iirc to get online if you dont buy bf3 new. Hardlys something to cry about.

L33h 20th July 2013 17:59

bet its more than that on the ps4

Gabbastard 20th July 2013 18:10

Youre both wrong. Theres no online pass for EA games anymore, they scrapped it weeks ago. But yeah, publishers could theoretically charge full price to play a second hand game at all, not just online/multiplayer.

Gain 20th July 2013 21:07

It is less publicised but YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY TO PLAY ONLINE WITH PS4.

They are making playstation plus a requirement which will basically mean a yearly/quarterly subscription. The same as xbox live charge now to play online.

Kinda shit but hopefully that money will be invested into the playstation network meaning better performing servers.

L33h 21st July 2013 12:13

I've never really had a problem with the servers tbh.

Paying to play online is a bit of headache tbh. I go through stages of playing on the ps3 and stages where i dont play for months so i don't really know if its worth paying tbh

Prickle 21st July 2013 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gain (Post 6345409)
It is less publicised but YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY TO PLAY ONLINE WITH PS4.

They are making playstation plus a requirement which will basically mean a yearly/quarterly subscription. The same as xbox live charge now to play online.

Kinda shit but hopefully that money will be invested into the playstation network meaning better performing servers.

I already know...

Graeme 25th July 2013 08:08

Playstation play is pretty good tho... There's different games for you to download every month (full games) and you keep them as long as you have playstation play

This months main game is battlefield 3 I believe

So for £40 a year... Your getting more than that in games

Gain 26th July 2013 07:46

If it works like that I won't mind paying it.

Seeing as they are changing it to a requirement to play online, I wouldn't be surprised if they start slimming down the quality of the games you get for free.

I had playstation plus after the playstation servers were hacked and they gave it everyone to compensate them. For that month the games were total shit.

smiith 26th July 2013 09:50

BF3 for free.. Only 18 months after it 1st came out.. Hardly anything to shout about!

Brettles1986 26th July 2013 09:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graeme (Post 6347170)
Playstation play is pretty good tho... There's different games for you to download every month (full games) and you keep them as long as you have playstation play

This months main game is battlefield 3 I believe

So for £40 a year... Your getting more than that in games

Xbox are doing this atm, 2 games every month until Xmas.

Currently it's Assassins Creed

Graeme 26th July 2013 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by smiith (Post 6347647)
BF3 for free.. Only 18 months after it 1st came out.. Hardly anything to shout about!

Is if you don't have it... That was just one example, they have about 5 new games for free every month

And it's better than the sweet FA the egg box users get

Graeme 26th July 2013 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brettles1986 (Post 6347648)
Xbox are doing this atm, 2 games every month until Xmas.

Currently it's Assassins Creed

I think we're going to get to the point when the 4 and the one are out that Xbox live and playstation plus are going to be nearly exactly the same

Gain 26th July 2013 13:29

BF3 and Assassins creed seem OK to me... when I had playstation plus, they were doing old megadrive games like james pond!

smiith 26th July 2013 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graeme (Post 6347651)
I think we're going to get to the point when the 4 and the one are out that Xbox live and playstation plus are going to be nearly exactly the same

Exactly.. Each side of fanboys is kicking the other sides console.. When in reality, the gaming side of it is going to be very similar.. The Playstation has better internals, but then again, if you go buy now.. XBL is a far better place to play, than Playstation online.. Much better standard of gameplay a lot of the time and such..