Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   Matt's 'Make it moar better' / 'less sh*t' S1 106 XN Project (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=458583)

D4MJT 10th September 2014 09:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brettles1986 (Post 6479294)
You crashed a 106 parking and you own a German barge as well?

You pillock!

You are welsh, therefore your opinion is invalid x :hug:

Brettles1986 10th September 2014 09:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by D4MJT (Post 6479297)
You are welsh, therefore your opinion is invalid x :hug:

That's about as generic a comeback as a 'Your mum' joke.

Up your game!

chompy 10th September 2014 09:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brettles1986 (Post 6479300)
That's about as generic a comeback as a 'Your mum' joke.

Up your game!

Fucking English and their pish comebacks :n:

MuZiZZle 10th September 2014 09:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by chompy (Post 6479301)
Fucking English and their pish comebacks :n:

Stop speaking our language then Hamish McCunt!

chompy 10th September 2014 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuZiZZle (Post 6479307)
Stop speaking our language then Hamish McCunt!

is beag feum a tha ort

Cunt.

MuZiZZle 10th September 2014 09:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by chompy (Post 6479310)
is beag feum a tha ort

Your cock is

chompy 10th September 2014 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuZiZZle (Post 6479314)
Your cock is

touché

josh11490 10th September 2014 09:53

Some bad man driving skills going on there, I've yet to try reverse parking whilst drinking tea.

Get this on a track next year bender, or atleast to French car show.

Brettles1986 10th September 2014 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by josh11490 (Post 6479335)
Some bad man driving skills going on there, I've yet to try reverse parking whilst drinking tea.

Get this on a track next year bender, or atleast to French car show.

I wouldn't bother trying it either, you can't keep the VTS off it's roof with both hands on the wheel :hug:

josh11490 10th September 2014 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brettles1986 (Post 6479337)
I wouldn't bother trying it either, you can't keep the VTS off it's roof with both hands on the wheel :hug:

FYI it's a vtr with a 16v, the rest however is true.

D4MJT 10th September 2014 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brettles1986 (Post 6479337)

LOL

Brett made a funny!

D4MJT 14th September 2014 08:27

I got this out the garage yesterday, then put it away again.

It still works, which is pretty amazing.

D4MJT 30th September 2014 09:42

So currently, this is sat in the garage not doing very much as I've been reet busy n 'ting. However, it's nearly winter, so I'm thinking I should probably take the engine out or something.

My rough list of needs currently looks something like:

Replace turd Billies with Gaz Adjustable Dampers, front and rear
Decent front springs
Top Mounts and Plates
Fit Upper and Lower braces
Change Rear hub
Fit some handbrake cables that fit
Get some decent rubber on the Rallye wheels and some wheel trims

It could also do with some mechanical work, the engine has only done 5k since I put it back together, but it's pissing oil out of the cam ladders, and the water pump is noisy as fuck, so I think over the winter I'll likely pull the engine out, fit a new gates water pump and change the timing belt and tensioner while I'm on. That gives me a chance to clean up the cam ladders and probably fit some JP4 covers while I'm on.

I could really do with a decent 4-1 as well seen as mine has been in the wars with tarmac.

Cheapzville!

chompy 30th September 2014 09:46

Covert to 2.25" springs you big poofter.

D4MJT 30th September 2014 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by chompy (Post 6484124)
Covert to 2.25" springs you big poofter.

SRS question here chomps, why?

For coilovers?

chompy 30th September 2014 10:18

Two reasons:

Massy justableness (coilover)
Cheaper springs

Giraffe 30th September 2014 11:07

Or buy a decent car you bender

D4MJT 4th November 2014 13:16

Boosh, 2014 Review. I basically completed the conversion, and proved it all worked. The car covered around 700 road miles, during which I ironed out all of the niggles that arose from re-wiring the entire car and combining all the various bits of 106 and saxo.

So, this winter is all about tidying it up now. Things I've learned are, I love the non-PAS steering as is, and I don't get on with the Bilstein suspension, so that's going to make way for some form of adjustable, stiff as a badger setup, along with strut top plates etc.

The big winter project is an engine bay tidy up though, the engine never got cleaned up before fitting, the cam ladders are pissing oil, and despite going well, it looks shit and the oil leaks need to be addressed, so it's getting a tart up / overhaul.

To that end, the other week Muz and I whipped the engine and box out. Turns out that's not even a figure of speech, with a lengthy tea break and doing a proper job, it took under 4 hours to get the job done.

Stuck it in the garage, drove in:

Then cracked on removing the bonnet and wings so they didn't get scratched / for access. Removed the bumper, lights, radiator, drained the engine, slam panel, and disconnected the wiring harness, fuel lines, throttle and clutch cables, gear linkages, and exhaust, before popping out the driveshafts and draining the gearbox.

Whipped the hoist out and pulled it out, then enjoyed a nice tea break

And then built the car back up for storage over the winter, popping the bonnet and wings, slam panel, lights and bumper back on, job jobbed:

Deano_123 kindly lent me his engine stand for a bit while I sort the engine out:

In true french style, 3 of the 4 gearbox > engine bolts came out beautifully, and the last one just twisted the inside of the hex nut out:

I figured I'd just weld a nut on and use a socket rather than a hex key, but sadly it was "proper" stuck and the bolt simply snapped

I decided a big boys nut was in order, so lashed this on and welded it from the inside and around the outside for good measure:

and gave it some warmzzz

Huzzah!

Box off, I could get the engine on the stand finally:

which made it nice and easy to start removing ancilleries, so off came the exhaust manifold, oil breather pipes, oil cooler and filter, and alternator and tensioner assembly:

and from the other side, the intermediate driveshaft housing, the water pump fittings and the inlet manifold:

And after removing the crank pulley and timing covers, voila:

So that's where it's at currently, next step is working out exactly what I'm doing with the engine, whether it will be simply fixing the leaks and tarting it up, or a bit more of an in-depth rebuild while it's out.

chompy 4th November 2014 13:38

You're so cheap you wouldn't even buy a £40 engine stand?

I like you.

Brettles1986 4th November 2014 14:03

Get cracking then.

I want a ride of you

Also why does Muz always look homeless?