Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Important! : worn droplinks?? (vtr) (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=414432)

tomoaks 21st February 2012 07:58

worn droplinks?? (vtr)

hi all

what are the symptoms for worn droplinks? car is handling a wee bit strange seems to get sloppy when over a bump and front feels like not gripping. just had lower ball joints and wishbones done, was thinking cv joints but no evidence to support it as no clicking.
could it be the drop links? car is on 114k and never been done according to service hist (full history which is good).
how much is it to get done?

tom

chinkostu 21st February 2012 08:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomoaks (Post 5823623)
hi all

what are the symptoms for worn droplinks? car is handling a wee bit strange seems to get sloppy when over a bump and front feels like not gripping. just had lower ball joints and wishbones done, was thinking cv joints but no evidence to support it as no clicking.
could it be the drop links? car is on 114k and never been done according to service hist (full history which is good).
how much is it to get done?

tom

take them off and go for a quick casual drive, see if it stops. droplinks are cheap and easy to do

LSOfreak 21st February 2012 15:28

droplinks are only like £5-10 each
easy to change, but sometimes if theyre old they can be a right pain and need cutting off

Cam 21st February 2012 15:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSOfreak (Post 5824242)
droplinks are only like £5-10 each
easy to change, but sometimes if theyre old they can be a right pain and need cutting off

Like mine had to saw them them off top and botterm :(

LouisUK 21st February 2012 17:40

Had to chop mine off as well. Easy to change though.

LSOfreak 21st February 2012 18:47

ive angle grinded mine off before, but if you grease up the threads on the new ones, theyre easy to whip off

Baz 21st February 2012 18:52

as said, personally would just do them anyway as they are a quick job and only a few quid, if it doesn't fix it....piece of mind that they aint gonna go any time soon

blackvtrt 22nd February 2012 11:02

I just did mine the other day, got a pair for £15 had a no torx bit in the middle to hold them but a flat on to get a spanner on, to stop them spinning. Much better design so they dont round of and means you can use a socket set rather than spanner and bit.

chinkostu 22nd February 2012 16:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackvtrt (Post 5825646)
I just did mine the other day, got a pair for £15 had a no torx bit in the middle to hold them but a flat on to get a spanner on, to stop them spinning. Much better design so they dont round of and means you can use a socket set rather than spanner and bit.

the ones i have used a fairly heft sized bolt and nut, so you'd do well to round it lol!