Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Frankie- 9/5/2011....long overdue update (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=211639)

jdizzy 9th April 2010 14:58

Noway, gutted lol :n:

ahh cool, that with boss? Lol

frankie 9th April 2010 14:59

No boss, but was looking at the lifeline ones.....but they cost more than i paid for the cage lol.

will get a rallydesign one for £30.

jdizzy 9th April 2010 15:02

Ahh I know man, TOAD just got 1 and that was expensive lol
I'm a jipo so stuff like that I overlook :p
but I might invest in a wheel :) worth it do u think?

frankie 9th April 2010 15:04

Toad's made me think about getting one, but the price confirmed a definet no.

for £66 its MINT. love it lol.

jdizzy 9th April 2010 15:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankie (Post 4287060)
Toad's made me think about getting one, but the price confirmed a definet no.

for £66 its MINT. love it lol.

Haha that's the problem with most decent things... The god dam price lol

I may invest when I next get paid ;) lol

Dave89 13th April 2010 03:12

Looking spot on there Frank

LEE_VTR1 13th April 2010 12:26

frankie link me to the eBay special wheel

norfolkboy69 13th April 2010 14:45

one kool lookin car frankie,

frankie 15th April 2010 10:54

Wheel fitted...

Got my boss through the post this morning, cost as much as i paid for the steering wheel :O lol.

also manged to get the dvd function working on my headunit, which is pretty pointless but lolwell...

Lee, ill send you the link in a minute.

raunchz 15th April 2010 11:03

wheel looks nice mate - S8TTG had black hands using it for the first few times .........

For me it's either that wheel or an RMD wheel - why pay over £70ish for a suede wheel which you'd want to replace almost annually

hard_corejoeboy 15th April 2010 11:25

Love the pics on pg 13 looks awesome. How do you get the front foglights out? Want to do it when i get back to UK

frankie 15th April 2010 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by raunchz (Post 4302561)
wheel looks nice mate - S8TTG had black hands using it for the first few times .........

For me it's either that wheel or an RMD wheel - why pay over £70ish for a suede wheel which you'd want to replace almost annually

haha, im thinking about getting a cover, like everyone else as it fucks the suede up using bare hand im told.

and dont wanna look like a gimp wearing driving gloves lol.

i know, all in i think ive paid about £110 for the wheel and boss, and proper omp wheels are about 120 anyway...

Quote:

Originally Posted by hard_corejoeboy (Post 4302626)
Love the pics on pg 13 looks awesome. How do you get the front foglights out? Want to do it when i get back to UK

cheers mate, its easier with the bumper off tbh, and theres only 3 bolts for the foglight its self and about 6 bolts holding the bumper on lol

LEE_VTR1 15th April 2010 12:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankie (Post 4302520)
Wheel fitted...

Got my boss through the post this morning, cost as much as i paid for the steering wheel :O lol.

also manged to get the dvd function working on my headunit, which is pretty pointless but lolwell...

Lee, ill send you the link in a minute.

wheel looks good fitted dude how do you find the driving position using a standard seat? as I want to keep my leather but fit a better wheel as the standard one in the rallye is bigger than the steering wheel fitted in the merc sprinter van at work lols.

quiet embarrasing tbh

Edit: thanks for the link dude

frankie 15th April 2010 13:50

ive not had a proper drive yet, but moved it about the drive, it feels loads better, lighter and a wee bit smaller.

the omp boss, is designed to give the same position as the standard one, but i dont think thats quite right with a dished wheel.

LEE_VTR1 15th April 2010 15:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankie (Post 4303116)
ive not had a proper drive yet, but moved it about the drive, it feels loads better, lighter and a wee bit smaller.

the omp boss, is designed to give the same position as the standard one, but i dont think thats quite right with a dished wheel.

once you've been on a proper drive let us know what you think will give me a rough idea what it would be like on mine.

I think having a 90mm dished wheel throws that out the window straight away lols.

geordie_alex 15th April 2010 17:36

wheel looks relly good mate, the dish will make it feel like your in a touring car, hard to park but good when your thrashing it!

frankie 15th April 2010 19:33

need to bring the pedal box out, then were talking ;), but funk that lol.

will go for a wee spin tonight i reckon...

frankie 16th April 2010 16:02

Drove to college today, and the wheel is very nice, only problem was you have to stretch your pinkies a little more to reach the stalks lol...

other than that its greattttttttt.

or got a place on the course next year, providing i get the grades which should be alreet :cool:

:D

Richy_Rich 16th April 2010 19:51

Looks smart!! I got that wheel on the way!! What boss is that? I like the way its a bare!

SaxoMuffin 17th April 2010 00:21

Just had a quick skim through the thread all looks goood :y: are you no longer coming to the RR day on the 24th?

oh and what sort of MPG were you getting with just the XSI box?