Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Frankie- 9/5/2011....long overdue update (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=211639)

NICK2506 22nd June 2009 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankie (Post 3433171)
i would'nt say the slam panel were the bonnet catch is, but its down by the foglight, i spose thats the slam panel to lol.

yeahl lol....and yeah i do have it there :n: oh well. its cos my car was in a crash before i owned it and obviously the slam panel got replaced with one from a flat arch saxo not a vtr.

frankie 22nd June 2009 18:40

oh :S......

well gay, im guna have to change it before i go tracking, i though i had a special one lol.

can be bolted on? or is it a weld jobby, never really taking much notice.

NICK2506 22nd June 2009 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankie (Post 3433185)
oh :S......

well gay, im guna have to change it before i go tracking, i though i had a special one lol.

can be bolted on? or is it a weld jobby, never really taking much notice.

think the slam panel is just bolted on, but tbh im not sure....

im sure its fine how it is, you can still tow from it....just get a "tow" sticker with the arrow pointing in under the bumper.

frankie 22nd June 2009 18:47

but when the connect the rope or whatever, i can say tary bye bumper lol

NICK2506 22nd June 2009 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankie (Post 3433222)
but when the connect the rope or whatever, i can say tary bye bumper lol

good point, cos on mk1's the bumper is smaller, so higher up meaning the rope wont catch the bottom of it....

MaRiO89 16th July 2009 14:20

Looking good Sean..

Love the Rallye idea..Never seen that sorta thing before with a Saxo..

Good work.. :)
x

frankie 16th July 2009 14:33

Cheers james.

didnt want to strip it completely as its abit over done, so id though id lighten it a bit ;), i should of weighed how much i saved, i reckon almost 10kg, biggest saving was on the carpet lol.

as we said, we need a old skool meet soon lol

rey 16th July 2009 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by NICK2506 (Post 3433180)
yeahl lol....and yeah i do have it there :n: oh well. its cos my car was in a crash before i owned it and obviously the slam panel got replaced with one from a flat arch saxo not a vtr.

sorry for hijack frankie

that would mean that the front of the inner wings on your car would have been cut off and a set from a different model welded on, so that would mean a big shunt.

also, all slam panels, i.e where the lights bolt on to, are the same on all mk2's so can be used on any mk2 sax, same goes for the mk1 slam panel.

last thing, vt kit is the same on all models, no difference in bumper height etc etc

p.s. frankie, dont mk2 it, it looks mean!

frankie 16th July 2009 14:53

no worrys rey.

its abit wierd some days ill look at it and think nah its looks good as a mk1 then some days ill see it and hate it.....

also thinking about some new wheels ;)

rey 16th July 2009 14:55

xsi wheels are sexual, get 'em!

frankie 16th July 2009 14:57

mi16 wheels ;)

15 whole inche's as i think the xsi ones are 14"

rey 16th July 2009 14:58

even better ;)

tatws 16th July 2009 15:12

not a fan of that colour :L

Mochachino 16th July 2009 19:26

A very marmite colour mate.

Posi blue is one of them colours where only black, anthracite and white go well. But green is the opposite colour to blue on the colour wheel, so theyre meant to be suited to go together.

I have to admit it dont look all that bad!

XSI wheels definatly look good though :y:

frankie 17th July 2009 00:04

cheers db, i had the whole black and blue theme on my old posi blue car and wanted a change so went for white, and now quite bored of that lol.

then after seeing a certain black mk1 with green comp MO's on it looked the tits, so i thought i chop the xsi wheels in green and didnt think it looked to bad.

got another set of wheels lined up that if i spray green, will probably get banned lol

Mochachino 17th July 2009 00:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankie (Post 3507051)
cheers db, i had the whole black and blue theme on my old posi blue car and wanted a change so went for white, and now quite bored of that lol.

then after seeing a certain black mk1 with green comp MO's on it looked the tits, so i thought i chop the xsi wheels in green and didnt think it looked to bad.

got another set of wheels lined up that if i spray green, will probably get banned lol

lol, cheers mate!

Yeh on my old posi blu westie i got bored of the old white theme, i now look at white as the colour poeple go fo where they want contrast but dont dare to go too far, therefore becoming too popular and beginning to be the norm and be boring.

My plan for my posi was just silver vts rims, they look the tits!! And also not that common, most vts wheels on a posi blu are either black or white lol.

I rekon if you go for green, youll need to incorporate some more odd bits, mirror caps, chevrons, door badges, possibly something near the rear on the sides.

Whats the other wheels you got?

frankie 17th July 2009 00:30

i also had silver S rims, near the end of my ownership good time's.

i have done a few other bits green, but not that noticable ie; the grille in the front bumper, rear towing eye,. looking to get some 106 mirrors so may do them green to.

there from a ford is all i can say.....if all goes well, they shall be revealed at TRAX.

Mochachino 17th July 2009 00:54

Sounds good, im thinking of 106 mirros. Will look good on yours in green, possibly green rad fans n your sorted!

Il be at trax, so il look forward to seeing them ;) :p

frankie 17th July 2009 00:57

think the 106 mirrors suit the mk1s really well. green rad fan's drying as we speak ;)

ashie695 17th July 2009 01:09

love those wheels keep up the good work mate :y: