Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   Matt's 'Make it moar better' / 'less sh*t' S1 106 XN Project (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=458583)

Brettles1986 29th July 2014 10:32

kizmo22 29th July 2014 10:47

^ lol!

deanbradley 29th July 2014 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by D4MJT (Post 6470868)
Bender

Bear with me man, I'm fucking useless x :homme:

Hommo :homme:

It's okay darling x

D4MJT 29th July 2014 11:17

Righty, some pics.

I've tidied up the interior slightly by refitting the pug badge to the centre of the steering wheel / ships wheel, and also some dash blanks and the heater fan knob, which I hadn't fitted the by time I took this pic, fml.

I also spent Saturday refitting the VTS rims as the tyres on the Rallye rims are cracked badly, and also dropped the exhaust off to completely readjust the satchshift, which now works great, whereas before getting reverse was tricky to say the least.

Muz donated some aerocatches as the chinese appear to keep sending him them, so I'm going to cut off the bonnet safety latch and fit the OE fan unit, and retain the standard centre latch for the bonnet, and fit the 2 aerocatches as a backup incase it fails.

Saturday evening I lashed down to Team Fastrape HQ and dropped Muz' fuel tank off the VTS so that his welding badmanz could finish welding his cage in.

On sunday the 10sex was looking pretty tragic and sorry for itself, so I gave it a wash and treated the plastic bumper trims, and fitted some 106 GTi mirrors from Blackie, cheers dude!

Dem beadz though:

deano_123 29th July 2014 12:04

I thought you had lowered it?!?

Brettles1986 29th July 2014 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by deano_123 (Post 6470937)

He has, he sought advice from Prickle.

RobVT 29th July 2014 12:12

Raise it up, RAISE IT UP!

MuZiZZle 29th July 2014 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobVT (Post 6470942)
Raise it up, RAISE IT UP!

D4MJT 29th July 2014 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by deano_123 (Post 6470937)

It's low enough you fucking scene queen!

Yates 30th July 2014 09:41

Bigger than ships wheel

D4MJT 30th July 2014 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yates (Post 6471151)
Bigger than ships wheel

I like a large rim?

It's tragic like, I need a moar better one. There's fucking loads to do yet, but it'll do for now.

Due to my hectic lifestyles I honestly can't see me getting it fettled for a track day this year so I think I'll basically aim for next year now.

I want DS2500's at a minimum, now that I've driven it the suspension is completely shit at the front, so I'll be going gaz adjustables and custom faulkner springs, it needs top mount strengthening plates and kam solid top mounts, new bottom arms which I have ready, track rod ends, the list goes on.

However, I have basically done the conversion / hard bit, and after a month or so's use, I've pretty much ironed out all the niggles with it.

It's canny, I like it :y::hug:

smiith 30th July 2014 09:57

I think it needs a boot spoiler, for downforce

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-10...item2ed4bb6d5f

D4MJT 30th July 2014 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by smiith (Post 6471154)
I think it needs a bigger boot spoiler, for downforce

Like a puar massif drift wing?

It needs steelies and AO48's with wheel trims, and green "P" plates, that's what it needs haha.

smiith 30th July 2014 10:01

My cousin has had his license for 18 months.. His mum still makes him have P plates on.. EL OH EL. He's also in the army, and she takes his wages off him and gives him £30 a week spending money, FROM HIS OWN MONEY.

He's a little bitch, my mum would be buried in the garden if she tried something like that

jokerer 1st September 2014 00:08

Any progress on this Matt?

deano_123 1st September 2014 06:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by smiith (Post 6471158)
My cousin has had his license for 18 months.. His mum still makes him have P plates on.. EL OH EL. He's also in the army, and she takes his wages off him and gives him £30 a week spending money, FROM HIS OWN MONEY.

He's a little bitch, my mum would be buried in the garden if she tried something like that

Well that little attempt at humour failed HAHA! Well done cockboy

D4MJT 10th September 2014 08:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by jokerer (Post 6477360)
Any progress on this Matt?

I crashed it a bit then stuck it in the garage?

Not properly like, I may have reversed it into a low stone wall while parking and scraped the plastic on the bumper like a bender. I also may or may not have been attempting to reverse park while harnessed in, drinking tea and on the phone.

I'm good like.

Basically I'd say it's at the end of it's "shakedown" phase. I say shakedown, basically I've put the engine in, ironed out all the niggles, still not fitted any decent cooling, and drove the nuts off it till things broke.

It has a whole new list of things it needs now, which I'll update shortly, but I've got quite a lot going on in the real world currently, so realistically I don't expect it to be out again before next year now.

As a starter it needs:

Decent suspension, the Billies are fucked / way too soft as are the springs
Solid top Mounts
Strut top plates
Upper and Lower Braces fitted
Rear Wheel Bearings
Polybushed and VibraTechnic'd bottom arms fitted
Tyres on the steelies
New rear hub
Handbrake cables that fit (not pagid)
Coolz
Aerocatches
Decent pads

After that it should be fairly sorted tbh. FML

On the plus side, it's been a busy year, and it's no longer a shell on axle stands with a dusty engine stacked next to it, it's a running driving converted toy.

chompy 10th September 2014 08:46

Thought this had been scrapped TBH.

D4MJT 10th September 2014 08:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by chompy (Post 6479287)
Thought this had been scraped TBH.

It has been scraped technically, but it hasn't been scrapped.

Honestly man, will you even be able to pick out the difference between yes and no on the ballot paper you fucking skirt wearing thistle dodging shortbread jockey?

Brettles1986 10th September 2014 08:57

You crashed a 106 parking and you own a German barge as well?

You pillock!