Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Correcting slight rake (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=476600)

Withoutreason 23rd November 2022 11:49

Correcting slight rake

Hi guys, I have a vtr with vts wheels. A while ago I had my car lowered all over and think it's slightly too low on the back compared to the front.

Any quick options without taking it to a garage. Thinking about stripping the rear, would it bring it up an 1"? Keep in mind the spare time was removed before having it lowered.

MartinObviously 23rd November 2022 21:51

Probably not, there's not a lot of weight in the plastics at the back.

did you fit lowering shock absorbers? Are they almost against their stops?

sri_130 24th November 2022 09:46

I stripped the rear on both of mine. Made no/little difference.

Just get the torsion bar done again.

Withoutreason 24th November 2022 12:09

OK thanks guys. I kept the oringal shocks and changed springs 30mm lower at front. I heard going any lower isn't good for oringal shocks and power steering pump/pipe.

I could get the torsion bar done again but I guess I'll leave it as its more of an ocd thing than anything

MartinObviously 25th November 2022 00:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Withoutreason (Post 6566525)
OK thanks guys. I kept the oringal shocks and changed springs 30mm lower at front. I heard going any lower isn't good for oringal shocks and power steering pump/pipe.

I could get the torsion bar done again but I guess I'll leave it as its more of an ocd thing than anything

Yeah I agree with that, 50mm would be the absolute limit I'd go on standard stuff. You will need to do the tracking after that, as it will put the toe out.

would still clear the steering and heater matrix pipes though.

Withoutreason 26th November 2022 15:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by MartinObviously (Post 6566541)
Yeah I agree with that, 50mm would be the absolute limit I'd go on standard stuff. You will need to do the tracking after that, as it will put the toe out.

would still clear the steering and heater matrix pipes though.

OK thank you. There seems to be a couple cms gap between the arch and wheels on the front atm so I'll get some 40mm springs fitted and tracking next time I need some work done.

Will 40mm go over speed bumps OK?

MartinObviously 27th November 2022 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Withoutreason (Post 6566545)
OK thank you. There seems to be a couple cms gap between the arch and wheels on the front atm so I'll get some 40mm springs fitted and tracking next time I need some work done.

Will 40mm go over speed bumps OK?

That depends on how nasty your local council are! :P

We use to have one on the main road in our village, it was a VW PD engine car killer. Those were standard cars!

My GTi was 50-60 and it was fine on all the speed bumps. The exhaust used to catch my driveway though, it's pretty steep at the top though.