Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Thanks... (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=204972)

Peejous 3rd February 2009 15:49

Thanks...

Does this actually get used to its full potential?

Prickle 3rd February 2009 16:19

Yeah on some threads it does imo, do you think it does peej ??

Barry123 3rd February 2009 16:33

I click on it sometimes, but don't actually know what it does :ponder:

Mochachino 3rd February 2009 16:54

no tbh, when poeple help me, i dont thank them, and u dont get thanked for when u help poeple.

Does fuck all imo, its only to make ya feel better when u see that you got more thanks. And you dont know who to trust with their advice etc, as u cant see how many thanks they get.

Prickle 3rd February 2009 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by db_sax (Post 2950873)
as u cant see how many thanks they get.

Look on there profile > statistics :y:

Ryan 3rd February 2009 18:07

gets used more properly than rep did

at least we dont get neg reps from 'dave' when its really pete.. for example

Mochachino 3rd February 2009 18:34

i used to put from Frank anyway. Positive rep or nothing woulda been better, and woulda been like the thanks thing, but abit better imo*

Ryan 3rd February 2009 19:03

but thanks IS the same as rep with no negative rep

Only the fact people see thanks so you cant just go dishing it to your mates for being cool.

Its also great its not in the general chat area.

VTEC-Saxo 3rd February 2009 19:07

hmm never used the rep system but from what i heard people were just abusing it for shits and giggles, think the thanks button is more than enough.. and tbh does it really matter ? making a demotivational poster about it :S

Ryan 3rd February 2009 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by VTEC-Saxo (Post 2951443)
hmm never used the rep system but from what i heard people were just abusing it for shits and giggles, think the thanks button is more than enough.. and tbh does it really matter ? making a demotivational poster about it :S

those who used to abuse it with mates over 'lol made me laugh' for example will allways whine about loosing some form of E power.

Peejous 4th February 2009 09:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan (Post 2951471)
those who used to abuse it with mates over 'lol made me laugh' for example will allways whine about loosing some form of E power.

Im not moaning about rep etc. im just seeing quite a few threads where people have helped other people and they don't click thanks or they just say "thanks".

Just didn't seem like it was been used alot (im not saying get rid of it though) but if you're saying it is then cool.

saxo_scottish 4th February 2009 09:49

i dont think the thanks button does get used to its full potential, but then again, what does? i think the better way to do it, is just send a quick pm to the person you wana thank, saying, cheers for that lil bit of advice or something, gives it a more personal touch, that you took the time to pm them, instead of just licking a button, just my thoughts tho

Predator_R32 4th February 2009 16:41

Its not as abused as much as the rep system imo and it works :y:

Peejous 4th February 2009 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predator_VTR (Post 2954588)
Its not as abused as much as the rep system imo and it works :y:

I dont mean abused, I mean I rarely see it used when someone has helped someone.

AdamW 4th February 2009 16:43

Thanks for this thread.