Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   My e46 cab (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=475083)

gti180craig 8th October 2017 21:44

My e46 cab

Right thought I would do a progress thread on my new car yes I know it’s a bit boring compared to the sax but thought I would do a progress thread anyway.

A little bit about the car it’s a e46 330 cabriolet with the smg gearbox it’s deffo worlds away from the saxo to drive no where near as fast as the saxo but so much nicer to drive on a daily basis. Like the saxo when I first got that I brought it with a few issues that needed addressing but it was all good for getting a good deal when I purchased it first thing was to sort the handbrake out as it was non existent all it needed was adjusting so nice easy job next was to sort out a leak from the rad as you can see from the pics it was fcuked suprised it wasn’t leaking more then it was also it didnt have xenons which I thought was weird as it has self leveling lights , projectors and headlight washers so fitted a set of 6000k hid’s anyway here’s a few pics and I will keep updating as and when I make changes future plans are to tidy it up and add a few personal touches

I also changed the bonnet badge as u can see it was a bit worn lol

Hid kit

And here is the rad I also changed the expansion tank as they are a common failure so made sense to change it whilst it was out here is a pic of the rad look at the Bowing lol

Cheers for looking

sri_130 9th October 2017 12:48

Nice. Best engine ever.
No boost though.
You'll be back.

gti180craig 9th October 2017 12:52

Mate I’ve already looked at turbo conversions for it lmao but would ruin it in my opinion not to mention the costs involved but yea your right I will deffo be back but for now I’m gonna just sit back and relax and enjoy the cruise control haha

Jizanthapus 10th October 2017 22:19

Like it! Still miss my 330i over a year after selling it!

gti180craig 20th October 2017 17:51

Nothing exciting been happening really latest change is a grille change I’m not a fan of the chrome grills so swapped them out for some black ones

It’s booked in to have a wheel bearing sorted next week I don’t know what it is with me and wheel bearings they always seem to be the thing I have to sort on most of my cars lol.

I have a spoiler currently in the post don’t worry it’s not a huge wing just the standard e46 spoiler as I feel the boot looks a bit bland that’s all for now will post pics when I get the spoiler on

Cheers
Craig

AdamH 30th October 2017 13:00

No wonder I didn't see this.. hidden away.

Looks clean dude tbh... probably increases your dogging no end ;)

gti180craig 30th October 2017 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamH (Post 6551296)
No wonder I didn't see this.. hidden away.

Looks clean dude tbh... probably increases your dogging no end ;)

HAhahhaaha nah mate this one don’t dog leg like the sax used to cheers though pal :y:

jeffchiz 31st October 2017 09:55

I had the same shape 320ci and the rad was bent like that also, a common issue with them. Another common issue is the header tank cracking even after replacing both of them I still couldn't get to the bottom of my coolant leak

gti180craig 31st October 2017 10:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffchiz (Post 6551303)
I had the same shape 320ci and the rad was bent like that also, a common issue with them. Another common issue is the header tank cracking even after replacing both of them I still couldn't get to the bottom of my coolant leak

Yea I heard the expansion tank was a common failure that’s why I thought it made sense to change it whilst it was out all seems ok now though

gti180craig 17th November 2017 17:09

Well time for a update I took the car to have the wheel bearing done on changing it the garage noticed that my rear brakes were completely toast so these were changed also including handbrake shoes I’ve been doing a bit of shopping and my spare room currently looks like this

Lm reps
Oil
Oil filter
Air filter
Pollen filter
Spark plugs
Spoiler
Claybar
Wax

So this weekend I will be getting all this done hopefully without to much hassle will update when I can

sri_130 17th November 2017 19:13

Baller.
Dealer status unlocked.

gti180craig 18th November 2017 06:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by sri_130 (Post 6551431)
Baller.
Dealer status unlocked.

Hahahaha that’s quality mate :y:

gti180craig 18th November 2017 16:57

Well today was a busy one the weather was crap so didn’t get as much done as I wanted to however I’m happy with the progres I’ve made gave the car a complete service and got the wheels and spoiler fitted just needs cleaning now

Cheers for looking

sri_130 18th November 2017 18:28

Need some better pictures to gauge the stance mate. Come on Craig.

gti180craig 18th November 2017 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by sri_130 (Post 6551437)
Need some better pictures to gauge the stance mate. Come on Craig.

Not till it’s clean lol

Manu 19th November 2017 12:28

Not keen on soft tops, as the weather is adequate about 18 days a year but still. Nice to see an e46 that isn't rotten around the arches...

gti180craig 19th November 2017 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manu (Post 6551453)
Not keen on soft tops, as the weather is adequate about 18 days a year but still. Nice to see an e46 that isn't rotten around the arches...

Cheers mate yea no rust at all on the arches

Gave her a full detail today used 2 bars of clay paintwork was soooo bad but feels silky smooth now I really recommend the fusso99 wax proper brings out the gloss

Deffo starting to like this car more now

Thanks for looking