Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Track Chat (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Thinking of doing Oulton Park track day... (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=423095)

harry289 8th May 2012 09:33

Thinking of doing Oulton Park track day...

Thinking of doing Oulton Park sometime this year. I have only really done Cadwell Park since I first started track days just over 2 years ago.

I was going to stay in a local hotel the night before and hit the track the next day. Just a few questions:

- I don't want to get caught out by making any noob mistakes on the track, so is there anything to look out for? Any corners which have certain characteristics?

Obviously going to work my speed up as I get more comfortable on the track.

I've heard Druids can be tricky sometimes and can be a bit more slippy compared to other parts of the track.

Anything to give me a heads up for and for me to get the most out of the day? Cheers

xsi16v 8th May 2012 17:13

Never been but its defo on the cards for me this year, as is snet and blyton. Having to go further away now as donnington prices are just a JOKE. Looking at £220 for the day now!!! tossers

harry289 8th May 2012 17:37

Basic prices are rising each year at most tracks for some reason.

Done Cadwell. Wanting to do Oulton and Snetterton this year.

sexy_gt 8th May 2012 17:46

harry.... just go mate. its like cadwell in some respects. its far from flat and in places im close to 120mph!

here is a vid from last year.

great circuit. druids when wet nasty. theres a bump on the exit of it...

harry289 8th May 2012 17:59

Cheers Stew, just the answer I was looking for really :)

sexy_gt 8th May 2012 18:12

let me know when if you fancy some friendly competition :)

harry289 8th May 2012 18:48

With your new engine set up? ha!

In July I think :)

Weds 11th or 25th
--------------------------------------
Or weds 3rd Oct

vtectransplant 8th May 2012 19:43

Being 10 mins from me, its my local track and I love it!

I reckon that Im getting close to 15 track days now...honestly have lost count how many Ive done either in my car/s or in my Dads!

Druids is by far the corner you have to give the most respect.

When it is bone dry everywhere else, druids is usually damp. My tactic is to drive 110% everywhere, get to druids and slow to about 60% pace (When it is damp that is).

Getting it nearly right is fairly easy in the dry, but getting it bang on is really difficult.....here is some footage of the first time out in my Teg when I got it right.....fast forward to 8.30 and listen to my reaction after druids.....

So many decent corners and sections and very like Cadwell. You will like! :y:

Let us know when you decide to go and Ill try and bob over.

Alanapone 19th May 2012 11:37

Let me know when you guys are heading over to Oulton Park. I work local so could nip over for a natter and a watch :D Mobile engineers job with no tracker = WIN!!!

I need to get a few days sorted at Oulton too but the baby on the way and lack of money at the minute is making it a bit difficult.