Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Saxo Styling & Interior (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   How to remove rear wiper and boot badges (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13278)

JamieB 30th March 2005 18:58

i am wanting to remove my rear wiper blade and the 'Citroen' and 'Saxo' badges i have got on my boot. how do you go about taking them off and is it easy to do??? if someone could tell me how to do it wud be much appreciated! i have already got all the part codes for the grommit and stuff to put in the rear window where the wiper goes

Dan 30th March 2005 19:09

jamie have you got the max power haynes manual? cos it tells you in there how to remove the wiper etc!

but to remove the wiper just undo the nut that holds the wiper on the spindle, lift the wiper arm so its horizontal and if it aint a bastard it should come off if you wiggle it about a little! (dont be harsh as you'll break the rear window!!) you may also need a puller to do this but mine came off with a little persuading!

then open the boot take off the black plastic trim, disconnect the wiper motor, and there should be 3-4 nuts/screws holding the motor to the boot undo those and then the motor should just come away from the boot!

then you just fill the hole with the grommet!

with the badges you do know u'll be left with holes in the boot! id say heat em up slightly and carefully ease em off!

JamieB 30th March 2005 19:12

yeah i no i'll be left with the holes in the boot. the reason i am wanting to do it is coz i saw a saxo with it at a meet on sunday and it looekd pretty dam good. he had also got the holes in the boot, but i dont thik they will be that noticeable unless you really looked at the car???

Jason 30th March 2005 19:40

I wouldnt be as worried about them being noticeable then the fact that water will be able to get into your boot. All you have to do is fibreglass the inside of the boot behind the holes and then fill them from the outside. Worth it in the end rather then have holes in your boot. Plus your car is white so you would notice them fairly easily.

Jordan 31st March 2005 14:51

yeh definately get them covered filled and sprayed over mate.

Best thing to get the badges off though is a hair dryer!!!!

sparkle400 12th April 2005 14:23

hi, can someone talk me through how to remove the badges, also, how to fill the holes- also does anyone know if i dont fill them in, will i encourage the inside of the boot to rust if water gets in? cheers

Jordan 12th April 2005 17:33

use a heat gun/ hair drier on the badges to prise them off, weld the holes shut, smooth the weld, fill and then smooth again. If you dont weld the holes shut and just use filler, eventually the filler will fall out.

starkie 12th April 2005 18:14

i think you shoudl go for that smooth boot on ebay jamie..

off topic - i am gogin to be removing my furio badges soon.. have been advised 2 buy sum t-cut so have got that.. what shall i do just remove the badges then rub sum t-cut in to get the paint underneath to match the top or what??

SaxoAL 12th April 2005 19:31

Yep.. Maybe a bit of tar remover or the like then Tcut polish.

SaxoAL 12th April 2005 20:07

Jamie:

Part codes for Citroen blanking grommet for rear wiper hole,
Wiper plug: 874542
Screw : 874543
Washer plug : 874544

Am going to get mine ordered up when car goes into bodyshop.

AndyMac101 2nd March 2012 16:09

Jamie what it the part code you have for the grommit to fill the rear wiper gap as im looking to do the same on my saxo just need to get the gromit first.

MickyWelsh172 2nd March 2012 16:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyMac101 (Post 5841482)
Jamie what it the part code you have for the grommit to fill the rear wiper gap as im looking to do the same on my saxo just need to get the gromit first.

Epic bump!!!! And there's a grommit in the boot if you lift the carpet up mate

AndyMac101 2nd March 2012 16:22

Thanks very much i will have a look when i get home.

iDale 5th March 2012 11:08

Epic use of the search bar from this guy :y:

tomsmarty 5th March 2012 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by iDale (Post 5845526)
Epic use of the search bar from this guy :y:

At least some people are using it :)

P_Connor 5th March 2012 14:32

Lol, big bump. I might of erm tried this, this morning and erm yer shattered the rear window...... lol

tomsmarty 5th March 2012 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by HydroThunder (Post 5845755)
Lol, big bump. I might of erm tried this, this morning and erm yer shattered the rear window...... lol

Well that was silly.

P_Connor 5th March 2012 14:43

Yup. Oh well. I should be pissed off about it, but the rear had a hairline crack already so was suspicious it would. :D