Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Saxo Styling & Interior (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Bucket Seat Question... (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=413603)

devilsadvocate 14th February 2012 13:26

Bucket Seat Question...

Hello!

I bought some cobra monaco s bucket seats which came with subframes already.

I am not 100% these are for a saxo so will find out Friday when I come to fit!

Being only 5'5, if I fit these fixed seats, how far forward will they be able to be mounted?

I need to reach the pedals, only I will be driving so I don't need them to slide but I am worried that fixed mount frames will not allow me to get close enough to the pedals!

Cheers

devilsadvocate 14th February 2012 19:46

Anyone with saxo subframes fancy measuring the distance between the bolt holes do I can check against those to see if they are the same?

Cheers :)

marcusd 14th February 2012 20:06

cant u just redrill the holes further forward?
mine are on sliders and me other half about your height has the seat one click off all way forward and is fairly confortable

devilsadvocate 14th February 2012 20:24

Would it be possible to drill a couple of holes in the floor of the car further forward?

MiniGibbo 14th February 2012 20:52

Re drill your current frames lad.

And 5'5 LOL!!!

devilsadvocate 14th February 2012 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiniGibbo (Post 5812092)
Re drill your current frames lad.

And 5'5 LOL!!!

The frames arnt long enough to drill anymore holes, the existing holes are right at the end of the bars.

Oh and stfu Matt ;)

MiniGibbo 14th February 2012 21:06

Demon theives sell seat mounts, I bought some for my old cobra daytonas. They're not cheap but are bolt in Jobbies..

dave_1 14th February 2012 21:16

For the adjustment side I usually but the seat as far forward as i can and shuffle the seat back till i reach where I feel comfy but it does change from time to time. If noone has meassured there mounts before I go for a fag at 10 ill have a look at mine

devilsadvocate 14th February 2012 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave_1 (Post 5812135)
For the adjustment side I usually but the seat as far forward as i can and shuffle the seat back till i reach where I feel comfy but it does change from time to time. If noone has meassured there mounts before I go for a fag at 10 ill have a look at mine

Cheers mate, really appreciate it if you could.

Is there just one bolt hole in the floor or multiple depending in how far forward you want the frame?

dave_1 14th February 2012 21:40

ive got sparco mounts so mine are bolted onto the side under the door and then straight onto the floor near the handbrake, they have about 8 holes altogether ill have a look if ive got a pic of them

Dan-Subtle 14th February 2012 21:53

There is only the bolt holes for the factory fitted seats.

the idea of fixed frames is you drill the holes in the place where you will sit and that is it, fixed in one place.

Depending on subframes you could redrill holes to move seat forwards/backwards.

Only other way is to get seat runners like the oem factory seats to enable you to move the chair forwards/backwards when desired.

devilsadvocate 14th February 2012 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan-Subtle (Post 5812205)
There is only the bolt holes for the factory fitted seats.

the idea of fixed frames is you drill the holes in the place where you will sit and that is it, fixed in one place.

Depending on subframes you could redrill holes to move seat forwards/backwards.

Only other way is to get seat runners like the oem factory seats to enable you to move the chair forwards/backwards when desired.

Ahhh I see, so I could just drill holes in the floor then?

Would I need to tap of Could I bolt from under the car?

Cheers

MiniGibbo 14th February 2012 22:04

Also 5'5.. LOL :clapping:

dave_1 14th February 2012 22:11

Do the mounts look anything like my amazing diagram

dave_1 14th February 2012 22:13

my fail just saw your picture your seats are mounted different to mine

dave_1 14th February 2012 22:40

gap is roughly 10cm

rey 14th February 2012 23:35

Just get new mounts, or get sliders to fit them.

So much easier.

devilsadvocate 15th February 2012 07:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave_1 (Post 5812330)
gap is roughly 10cm

Cheers mate, hoping you mean 10 inches though lol

Think I am just going to remove the passenger seat first to see if the subframes I have are actually for a saxo first. Then I will see if I can drill a couple of holes in the floor and either bolt from underneath or tap a thread into the hole to screw a bolt in.

rey 15th February 2012 10:03

You want be able to tap a thread into the shell, you'll need to weld a captive nut to the other side of the shell, or it'll be unsafe.

Far easier to get sliders and fit those.

devilsadvocate 15th February 2012 12:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by rey (Post 5812732)
You want be able to tap a thread into the shell, you'll need to weld a captive nut to the other side of the shell, or it'll be unsafe.

Far easier to get sliders and fit those.

Can I not just drill a whole right through the floor and bolt from underneath?