Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Car Care & Detailing (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Which wax? (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=473980)

Ben_SaxoForte 12th October 2016 18:49

Which wax?

Hi all, thinking of waxing the golf to give the paintwork a bit of protection over the winter, I don't usually do a lot of detailing or anything like that and the last wax I bought was some simoniz carnuba wax in a gold tin that's like trying to smear a candle around the car..

Just wondered if any of you guys have a good recommendation for something that's not too difficult to apply and will last a while? cheers

griff_106 12th October 2016 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben_SaxoForte (Post 6543887)
Hi all, thinking of waxing the golf to give the paintwork a bit of protection over the winter, I don't usually do a lot of detailing or anything like that and the last wax I bought was some simoniz carnuba wax in a gold tin that's like trying to smear a candle around the car..

Just wondered if any of you guys have a good recommendation for something that's not too difficult to apply and will last a while? cheers

Collinite 476 is good for protection matey. Not the best for shine, but i'm not bothered about that over winter and it beads its tits off after a couple of layers. Quick tip though - do a panel at a time and then wipe off after each panel... it can be a bitch to get off otherwise :y:

P-Courty 14th October 2016 08:52

I use armour all no hard work to put on and take off just like washing your car with a sponge more than anything. It comes with an applicating pad.

Dany4494 14th October 2016 10:57

Prep paint properly then go with AG EGP and top that with a few coats of FK1000P cheap way to have decent protection over winter.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bedford126 14th October 2016 15:17

Fusso soft 99 pisses all over every over wax for winter resistance it's not cheap but fuck me it's good

Ben_SaxoForte 14th October 2016 23:06

Thanks for the suggestions, will have a look into them this weekend and see if I get chance to do it over the weekend :y:

axsaxoman 1st November 2016 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben_SaxoForte (Post 6543887)

carnuba wax is for people that like to polish --it is natural palm tree oil wax,so using car wash will strip it all off --but if you want a shine like a hearse or the queens car ,especially if its black-nothing better.
it will not clean any shite off --you must do that with something like t-cut etc and buff up--then wax coat
--but it will show white in seams if you dont, take it all off properly -
its the wax for a show car -just keep building layers and only wash with cold water,always used it when painting black cars where the slightest scratch in the lacquer showed, --fills all the imperfections

saxokid100 14th November 2016 23:41

I just use autoglym high def waxs...

nicholasVTS 23rd July 2018 16:32

ODK Glamour - Show Wax in Summer
FK100P - Sealant Wax for Winter

PurpurPonym 7th February 2019 09:28

Which wax

For all those that drive through Winter, what type of Wax do you use on your Dub.

I used to use Mequires 3 Step but have recently bought a Mequires one step Wax.
Is doing it once enough or do you get a better protection in Waxing the car 2 to 3 times?

Bedford126 7th February 2019 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurpurPonym (Post 6556229)
For all those that drive through Winter, what type of Wax do you use on your Dub.

I used to use Mequires 3 Step but have recently bought a Mequires one step Wax.
Is doing it once enough or do you get a better protection in Waxing the car 2 to 3 times?

I use chemical guys jet seal as a base on a fully clean car, followed by cg5050.
At the min I’m trying the gtechnique ceramic coating on the st with brilliant results.

The more wax you put on doesn’t always work out best as a waxed surface will repel the second coat of wax so in reality you could only be waxing the wax. All depends on your cleaning routine and your methods as well as the waxes you use.

swiftsurfer04 13th February 2019 03:20

I use Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax on my car.

Serapth 18th February 2019 16:26

Finishkare fk1000p. Same level of protection of collinite 476s but far easier to apply/remove and has better gloss in my opinion.

oliviaf 6th September 2022 12:50

Optimum Car Wax or Optimum Opti-Seal.

3-4 and 6-8 months durability (those numbers are from my own testing, not their marketing) and both products are simply spray on, wipe off. No waiting for it to haze and buffing off, just spray, wipe, done.