Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Track Chat (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Track cams (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=343730)

Alex 24th October 2010 18:18

Track cams

Thought this might be a good idea for us track fans.

List of cams, rating, review etc.

Got this one the other day, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=110528996793

Only fitted atm, hopefully try it out next weekend to get some video quality tests etc.
The build quality is good, has loads of accessories and came with a small remote recording button.

blackie_2k5 24th October 2010 18:31

that looks pretty good for the price tbh,howmuch did it cost you in total? did you get any import duty on it? i await the review mate, might buy one of these myself if its any good.

Fulch 24th October 2010 18:51

My first camera recoding experience was using this

Flip Video Ultra Camcorder - 0.31 MP - Black

I used it on a Top Gear Test Track day. It was my mates as I was currently saving for one at the time. Its a great little cam. Simple to use and great quility.

Here are 2 videos which it recordered.

My Saxo on the Top Gear Test Track 1 - 09/05/09

My Saxo on the Top Gear Test Track 2 - 09/05/09

Due to its size I simple slotted it into my phone holder in which it held perfectly well. Altho I would highly advised where possible get a clamp and screw camera holder like so:

Clamps and roll cage mounts
for bullet cameras

****----****----*****-----

At French Car Show I decided to get something simple and ended up with this:

808 car keys micro-camera

Again another good bit of kit but no screen and no feedback regarding battery, time remaining or whether it is actually recording so I wouldnt recommend it.

FCS 13-06-10 Sax-p Track Session

****----****----*****-----

I'm now using JVC Picsio Pocket Cam HD SD/SDHC - Black

Used it once @ Trax '10 for my session on the silverstone track.

Fantastic bit of kit, great quility. Unfortnatly I didnt back it up and used the same memnory card for something else and well fubar'd it and lost the footage.

AlexB 24th October 2010 20:12

I have an iPod nano held on with Velcro

does the trick

gavin_t 24th October 2010 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fulch (Post 4820796)

Again another good bit of kit but no screen and no feedback regarding battery, time remaining or whether it is actually recording so I wouldnt recommend it.

I have footage from FCS but not yet uploaded to Youtube.

Thats what I use seems robust as ive put it through some shit on my MTB too. Cant grumble for the money I would recomend it. even if you have a proper camera setup for the sake of £10 you could mount one of these to the back or something to give you an alternative view etc.

Some footage shot on mine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJLs3WXWkiE

Very good for the money

Only downer is you have to take a laptop or something to download the footage onto. Although a 8gb card sees over an hour of footage and the battery lasts around 2 hours.

Good for the nurburgring too as people dont look in your lower grille ;)

PetrolHeadSeb 25th October 2010 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fulch (Post 4820796)

I also use one of these, £10 off eBay + 16GB memory card and mounted with a bit of velcro on top of the dashboard.

Not exactly brilliant quality, but does the job.

jonathon5 25th October 2010 21:20

I have just got a pair of md80 mini dv cams to mount on the bumpers £9 delivered from eBay

Steve 26th October 2010 09:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathon5 (Post 4823691)
I have just got a pair of md80 mini dv cams to mount on the bumpers £9 delivered from eBay

they are even cheaper now £6.68 delivered :p

jsdvtr 26th October 2010 09:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathon5 (Post 4823691)

Ive been looking at getting a camera for a while now but was thinking of buying one that bolts to the cage.

Have you got a link to these?

Also how do you get what you have filmed onto the computer with it being so small?

raunchz 26th October 2010 10:31

I took one of those ^^^^ round Europe with me - great camera for the price!!

Quality and sounds is pretty good really

It has a plug in the bottom you connect it to the computer via USB and downloadvthe videos - it takes a micro SD

jsdvtr 26th October 2010 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by raunchz (Post 4824555)
I took one of those ^^^^ round Europe with me - great camera for the price!!

Quality and sounds is pretty good really

It has a plug in the bottom you connect it to the computer via USB and downloadvthe videos - it takes a micro SD

I ordered one earlier, get all usb and disc, etc with it, bargain really.

SaxoMuffin 26th October 2010 12:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsdvtr (Post 4824733)
I ordered one earlier, get all usb and disc, etc with it, bargain really.

Same for under £7 you really can't go wrong..And if it takes longer than 25 days to deliver refund :afro:

Here's a vid on track with one of those camera's.. :y: (Please note not me just a random guy but for the purposes of this thread is handy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXo-XOg_tpE

Harv 26th October 2010 16:29

I was fortunate to pick up a racelogic video vbox for a very cheap price a few months back. Havnt used it yet nor have an idea how to use it but it's a good bit of kit. It's a bit too 'pro' for what I will use it for but it was an absolute bargin so couldn't refuse it as they are mega expensive brand new. Ive been told it's a bit tempremental but is fine 90% of the time.

As I use my car everyday it's a bit too OTT to have it hard wired in and I'll be honest it's just been sat in my wardrobe haha. I used a keyring cam like the ones in this thread for Anglesey and Oulton though. Was pretty good quality for £7 although you can't really tell if it's recording or not lol!

Jackman 26th October 2010 21:50

I'm guna be using 2 Go Pro hd next year!

The reviews and footage on youtube look amazing!

They are pricy, but work have 2 that I can pinch!

jonathon5 5th November 2010 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaxoMuffin (Post 4824745)
Same for under £7 you really can't go wrong..And if it takes longer than 25 days to deliver refund :afro:

Here's a vid on track with one of those camera's.. :y: (Please note not me just a random guy but for the purposes of this thread is handy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXo-XOg_tpE

That quality looks not too bad, I am gonna mount one on the front spoiler & rear bumper. Not too bothered if they get broken at that cost.

Fulch 15th November 2010 21:29

updated post 3 with cam number 2 video

FCS 13-06-10 Sax-p Track Session

jonathon5 18th November 2010 07:38

Looks good quality, how was it mounted ?

Fulch 18th November 2010 09:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathon5 (Post 4878566)
Looks good quality, how was it mounted ?

Lol highest point on the dash so in front of my above the speedo and that using bluetak and Sellotape lol

Dave_P 27th December 2010 13:07

I bought one of those keyfob cameras off ebay, cant complain for money.

I taped it to my front bumper for a hillclimb and it came out pretty well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cawI6d9IGJs

Josh-VTR 18th February 2011 00:27

My friend has the contour HD GPS which he used for snowboarding, guessing it could be used for a track day as well? Not sure how accurate the speed is though