Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Saxperience Announcements & Updates (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   The Saxperience Community Rules have been updated. (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=239183)

Simo 22nd June 2009 00:52

The Saxperience Community Rules have been updated.

The Saxperience Community rules have been due an update for quite some time and whilst many members have been able to abide by the new ways of interacting, which have now become custom and practice, other members have not been so switched on.

So, an official update to the community rules and guidelines has now been implemented. As ever, these guidelines may be changed / updated at any time.

You can view the forum rules / guidelines via a number of ways. (Take note for future reference).

1. When a new user account is registered, you will be asked to read the forum rules and tick, to say that you agree to abide by these rules.

2. By viewing the announcement pinned at the top of each and every forum.

3. By clicking the 'Terms of Service' link at the bottom right hand corner of all forum pages.

4. By clicking the 'forum rules' link, shown at the bottom left of forum-view and post-view pages.

As ever, if you have any constructive feedback, please lets hear it. Particularly if you feel the community would benefit from adding additional detail to some aspect of these guidelines.

Thanks
Simo

Simo 24th June 2009 21:37

A few people have had some comments and queries about the updated community guidelines. Please discuss these within this thread, so that other people can learn from your/staff feedback.

Thanks
Simo

Steve 24th June 2009 21:44

some good updated rules....

Nice one Simon...

Matt67 24th June 2009 22:10

Maybe you should get existing members to tick these boxes aswell.

Maybe do a test to see if they actually read the tos.

Simo 24th June 2009 22:11

Yeah, Im thinking of implementing a force-read of the rules...

Matt67 24th June 2009 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simo (Post 3440802)
Yeah, Im thinking of implementing a force-read of the rules...

Seriously? Like an iniciation process?

Might become a bit of an elitest forum rather than public forum though?

Simo 24th June 2009 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt67 (Post 3440816)
Seriously? Like an iniciation process?

Might become a bit of an elitest forum rather than public forum though?

No, lol... a simple message that comes on the screen first time you login (only appears once) and says click here to confirm you have re-read the rules.

Chr15 24th June 2009 22:22

Nice to see a 'major' update.

I still think the n00bs need to go through a trial period before they have full access. Ive noticed (and others) that the latest influx seem to have zero-grammar skills and have typos in all posts.

Admittidly, Ive never read the ToS on any site as they are blah blah blah and go on forever. Whenever I see them, I just check the box and continue. If I get banned, I have no complaints as I 'agreed' to the ToS.

The rules are just common sense, although the spam and abuse rules are grey areas imo. Seen a few posts tonight that would be seen as offensive by the PC brigade but not as others.

Simo 24th June 2009 22:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris261287 (Post 3440847)
Nice to see a 'major' update.

I still think the n00bs need to go through a trial period before they have full access. Ive noticed (and others) that the latest influx seem to have zero-grammar skills and have typos in all posts.

Admittidly, Ive never read the ToS on any site as they are blah blah blah and go on forever. Whenever I see them, I just check the box and continue. If I get banned, I have no complaints as I 'agreed' to the ToS.

The rules are just common sense, although the spam and abuse rules are grey areas imo. Seen a few posts tonight that would be seen as offensive by the PC brigade but not as others.

Life is full of grey areas, I'm a great believer in this. Many things are open to personal interpretation, but usually common sense wins ;)

Chr15 24th June 2009 22:27

So its down to the discretion of the mods? Im cool with that.

swampy 24th June 2009 22:28

So reading that the vts engine bay bolts, group a hub nuts and uprated pinch bolts that i had advertised should of being allowed to stay rather than being deleated?
These are all product lines i have investigated and researchd and that have no connection to any company?
Can i re write them then?

goodall3518 24th June 2009 22:36

I think more needs to be done about Spam... i've seen a number of threads now since your previous thread on the problem which are kept open and Mods seem to allow it to run its course...?

I mean i can understand if it was interesting, but its just random shit. And it makes the forum less enjoyable to read if we have to sift through pointless posts.

Other than that, good idea about force reading rules though.!
Wouldnt particularly want to have to keep confirming im not a n00b everytime i enter the site though...:S

Mr_X 24th June 2009 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simo (Post 3440844)
No, lol... a simple message that comes on the screen first time you login (only appears once) and says click here to confirm you have re-read the rules.

TBH while a great idea it sure is, in this day and age, you are inundated with t&c's, rules and procedures etc etc etc

Who ever reads them? i sure as hell dont, i dont have time to.

I unless its just a form filling exercise i doubt people will read it.

Chr15 24th June 2009 22:46

Idea - A random rule should be on screen somewhere either just above the 'Quick Reply' box or just above the first reply on the page.

Then the n00bs shouldnt fail to know them. After a certain level of activity, the rules should then disappear ie 500 posts or something daft.

Simo 24th June 2009 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by swampy (Post 3440871)
So reading that the vts engine bay bolts, group a hub nuts and uprated pinch bolts that i had advertised should of being allowed to stay rather than being deleated?
These are all product lines i have investigated and researchd and that have no connection to any company?

I dont have any knowledge of the threads, which you have had removed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_X (Post 3440933)
TBH while a great idea it sure is, in this day and age, you are inundated with t&c's, rules and procedures etc etc etc

Who ever reads them? i sure as hell dont, i dont have time to.

I unless its just a form filling exercise i doubt people will read it.

When you registered your user account you agreed to be bound by the terms of use and it is also stated that terms can be changed at any time. So it doesnt particularly matter whether you choose to read or not, as long as you abide by the guidelines and do not grumble when you are pulled-up if you do not follow them. The click to re-confirm would act as a reminder that terms have changed, nothing more...

dj_russell 24th June 2009 22:49

think those rules are quite fair tbh. just read them all.

Mr_X 24th June 2009 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simo (Post 3440963)
When you registered your user account you agreed to be bound by the terms of use and it is also stated that terms can be changed at any time. So it doesnt particularly matter whether you choose to read or not, as long as you abide by the guidelines and do not grumble when you are pulled-up if you do not follow them. The click to re-confirm would act as a reminder that terms have changed, nothing more...

im guna assume if you dont act like a tard you will be fine, that rule hasnt let me down yet :D

VtsTom 25th June 2009 01:07

Theres a few sites that i use which have the same newbie rule. Your first post MUST be a newbie introduction thread before you use any of the site. Lots of hassel to set up though...

de51_Hodgey 25th June 2009 09:01

tbh i never looked at them when i first joined and just basically got to know the rules through the sax-p community i.e. talking to other members.

i have know looked at the rules after nearly 7 months of membership :D

oh and the force read kind of thing sounds a good idea.

Ryan 25th June 2009 11:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by swampy (Post 3440871)

Selling products on is trading. Especially when they are items being sold multiple times.