Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Saxperience Announcements & Updates (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Infraction System (Red/yellow cards) (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47769)

Simo 17th September 2006 22:49

Infraction System (Red/yellow cards)

All,

Hopefully you will have noticed that a set of Community rules/guidelines have been drafted, with the aim of improving your overall use of the Saxperience Community. If you've not seen the guidelines, take a look here...

To help to ensure that the guidelines are followed and that moderation of the rules and rule breakers is simple and visible to all, a new system has been incorporated into the Saxperience forums... the 'infraction system'.

This system is something I expect some users will get to grips with quicker than others :P Essentially this offers a clear way of communicating when members have overstepped the mark and some penalisation is warranted and it also enables automatic management of trouble makers.

There are two ways the system can be used (at the discretion of the moderating team). Either to warn (yellow card) a member or to penalise (red card) a member.

Whenever an infraction penalty is given, the community members are able to see why the infraction was given and what penalty was given. The member who received the infraction penalty may receive further details via PM.

Infraction penalties can be accumulated and may expire over time... All infraction penalties received are shown within the 'user control panel'.

If you manage to collect 10 infraction points then your use of the Saxperience forum will be extremely troublesome. If you manage to collect 20 infraction points, then your user account will suffer a ban, which may be relaxed when your infraction points fall below the appropriate limit.

Sounding complicated yet??

The infraction categories and penalties may be subject to change whilst the use of this system develops.

Here is an overview of how the infraction penalties are currently setup.

Please let me have your feedback both for and against this system ;)

stiffler69 17th September 2006 22:53

looks like fun!

sshaxx 17th September 2006 22:54

i think maybe the swearing one will be hard to keep up with, i dont mean swearing at each other, just in general. are we still okay writing f*ck etc?

Craig 17th September 2006 22:55

i think it will be better in the long run, and will stop alot of the above, in the table, making sax-p a better forum all in all

stiffler69 17th September 2006 22:57

say if you found a nice picture of a lady and were to post that would it go down as innapropriate

Recovery 17th September 2006 22:57

Put it on a test run for a wekk.. see how it goes..

SNewham 17th September 2006 22:57

I do like the idea, and I'd like to see it implemented.

Have to ask one question though. Is this the kind of thing that we were trying to get away from when we joined this community rather than others on offer?

I'm not sure I know the answer myself :P

Luke 17th September 2006 22:58

To be honest, I was a bit like ooook when I seen it, but after reading it once more and now I understand why this has been brought in.

There is three things there that are most important to me and about time they were addressed. Especially the rep system, the amount of times I have had bad rep for no apparent reasons - pretty childish.

Don't take this the wrong way, but it feels like a 'big brother' situation, as I feel we are getting watched closely but I understand thats for the best and will make the forum a more friendly, controlled place.

Only the moderators can give us these 'infractions' yeah? I'm tired and can't understand everything :P

I think it's going to work though personally. That's my 2ps worth..

liamk15 17th September 2006 22:59

give your self 1 point simo for having the 'who gives a fuck' smiley

sounds like more people will be getting bans an such, dont know if this is a good idea or ot yet,it needs a trial i think

how do you define if a user has knowingly posted in the wrong forum?

stiffler69 17th September 2006 23:00

People who have been on here for a while should know where to post i think that defines it

saxodan 17th September 2006 23:00

Can you "appeal" them? Say if a mod is biast (witch i doubt will ever be the case)

TU-Tuning 17th September 2006 23:00

Everyone swears. If someone doesnt like the swearing surely they should just close the window?Theres a lot worse on the internet and kids see it all the time on TV.

As far as everything else goes its a quality idea, especially racism

sshaxx 17th September 2006 23:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by liamk15 (Post 654738)
give your self 1 point simo for having the 'who gives a fuck' smiley

sounds like more people will be getting bans an such, dont know if this is a good idea or ot yet,it needs a trial i think

how do you define if a user has knowingly posted in the wrong forum?

they're the ones that usually start with...

"i know this is in the wrong section but..."

Viper 17th September 2006 23:02

in theory, it is a good idea. but im sure there are many people out there (including me) who will find loopholes in it. lol, or just generally abuse it, or wind people up for them to get a ban.. give it a trial of about 2-3 weeks..

but as shaxxywaxxy said, the swearing one will be a hard one to egt to terms with... :( i even swear in my sleep apparently 0_0

stiffler69 17th September 2006 23:03

ok then how about a anything goes section wich states if easily offended stay out

SNewham 17th September 2006 23:03

is this to be used by general users or just mods?

Simo 17th September 2006 23:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recovery (Post 654735)
Put it on a test run for a wekk.. see how it goes..

Infractions are here to stay... You just need to decide if you can cope with the system or not :P

jaybiss 17th September 2006 23:04

can certain people get a straight red :P

not sure about the innapropriate language, i think a few of us will find that hard to control :P

Curran 17th September 2006 23:05

the text talk penalty seems a bit harsh. how extreme is it going to be? will you get 1 point every time you use one abbreviated word or how will it work? what if you use a slang word or something, will you get penalised for that? how about something like "sumthin" is that classed as txt talk or not?

Simo 17th September 2006 23:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by snewham (Post 654736)
Have to ask one question though. Is this the kind of thing that we were trying to get away from when we joined this community rather than others on offer?

I'm not sure I know the answer myself :P

I know the answer...

The issues highlighted by the infraction penalties have been discouraged for many years/months. The only thing that is changing is that moderation of these issues is public.

Many times the moderators get criticised for acting, or not acting... well, now you all know what is right and what is wrong and what you can expect to happen if you do something wrong.

If you'd prefer to go elsewhere and receive abusive, confrontational moderation, I have a few links I'd be happy to pass to you,