Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Saxperience Announcements & Updates (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Reputation System & Thread Tagging (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=179260)

Simo 6th October 2008 23:31

Reputation System & Thread Tagging

All,

I'm sorry to announce that due to continual misuse and abuse, after a lengthy staff debate some changes have been made to two elements of the Saxperience Community this evening: -

• Thread tagging - now only staff members can utilise this function
  • User reputation system - this has now been disabled

The thread tagging option is a relatively new feature, which has been abused by certain individuals (who will remain un-named, for now). Well done guys - you've done the community proud. (not!)

The reputation system has been in use for a number of years. Several attempts have been made to stop members from abusing this system, but once again, some people can't resist. The reputation system has real value, but only if used constructively. Far too many people chose to abuse this system, or abuse other members via the reputation system.

The number of new members who have received masses of negative reputation for the slightest 'noob' type post has got much worse of late - these members have little chance of being able to recover their reputation score in a reasonable time frame, so the system gets ignored (by them). If a system can only be utilised by longer standing members, then its not that great a system is it. Once again - well done to the rep abusers. The system has been disabled due to YOUR actions.

On many occasions I've urged members to use the reputation system constructively. On many occasions I've also said that 'we' shall persist with the reputation system and make it work. I don't like going back on my word and I'll make it clear now that I would prefer to be removing problem members from the community than removing functions, which can be useful to the community users!

Let this be a gentle warning to the spammers and abusers of this community. You know who you are... I know who you are.

Simo

James 6th October 2008 23:33

Wtf no repppppp!

Simooo my penissss

edit: can't you ban those abusing it?

Tupps 6th October 2008 23:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simo (Post 2589125)
Let this be a gentle warning to the spammers and abusers of this community. You know who you are... I know who you are.

Simo

*Gulp*

Curran 6th October 2008 23:37

adsayer must be on suicide watch!

alex19 6th October 2008 23:39

Well, it's understandable with the amount of flack some people get for asking questions and being jumped on unreasonably.

craigy_87 6th October 2008 23:39

seems so bare over to the left with the rep being gone

Simo 6th October 2008 23:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by craigy_87 (Post 2589154)
seems so bare over to the left with the rep being gone

Could fix that with some power-up bars. lol

Robb 6th October 2008 23:40

I feel bad, I did both.

Ah well, not like anyone can neg rep me for it.

Agent-VIP 6th October 2008 23:41

I'd just hit triple figures too =(

Personally, I try to post in the help sections, partly because of the reputation system.. (Not just because of that, of course).. However.. knowing your posts and help are appreciated..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simo (Post 2589125)
I don't like going back on my word and I'll make it clear now that I would prefer to be removing problem members from the community than removing functions, which can be useful to the community users!

I know this is a pretty bold move.. but if so, why haven't the problem members been removed? You have infraction capabilities.. banning.. warning..

craigy_87 6th October 2008 23:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simo (Post 2589158)
Could fix that with some power-up bars. lol

are they in bright flashy colours ?..... my only request

Jacko 6th October 2008 23:42

not a fan of this simo...

neg rep.

Sammy-Boy 6th October 2008 23:42

At least I suppose it will stop people neg-repping each other for no reason

Simo 6th October 2008 23:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by craigy_87 (Post 2589164)
are they in bright flashy colours ?..... my only request

bright but not flashy :err:

Tupps 6th October 2008 23:44

How about just adding the "Level" bar ?

Ocego_VTR 6th October 2008 23:44

good idea 2bh, stops people making pointless threads.

craigy_87 6th October 2008 23:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simo (Post 2589171)
bright but not flashy :err:

i'm willing to compromise.

nah but in seriousness i sometimes used the rep system to judge wither it would be a good idea to buy something from someone etc but if it was being abused i suppose that ruins my plan lol

plus someone left me bad rep recently jus sayin jew .... wtf is that

Simo 6th October 2008 23:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacko (Post 2589165)
not a fan of this simo...

neg rep.

I expect all of the rep-whores to be un-impressed.

Likewise, I expect many of the people who the rep whores abused to be happy with the move.

I cant please everyone, but at the end of the day I have to be happy with the community I started off and the continual rep abuse was getting pathetic.

There have been plenty of chats, warnings, infractions going around about rep abuse. Peeps ignore, the next step is taken.

Sorry...

Tupps 6th October 2008 23:45

I've gone from level 34 down to level 11 ?

Points for User: -346

Was about 8k before?

alex19 6th October 2008 23:45

Someone gave me bad rep for not having any rep but lots of posts, thats a great reason :)

Robb 6th October 2008 23:46

Sounds like this new 3 bar malarky is kinda being pushed on us a bit...