Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Saxperience Announcements & Updates (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   TRIAL implementation of post THANKS system (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184540)

Simo 31st October 2008 19:50

TRIAL implementation of post THANKS system

After the huge amount of misuse & abuse the user reputation system got, it was removed a couple of weeks ago. Since that time, for many people, the community has been much 'better', but conversely, other members have not found the community as 'inspiring and motivating'.

So, listening to your feedback (of the majority) a THANKS SYSTEM has been setup and is now being trialled. This has been setup so that posts can be thanked in NON-general forums. This means you CAN thank someone for their post/contribution in for example, the engine/tuning forum, but you CANNOT thank someone for telling a funny story in the jokes forum.

The setup will change a little over the next couple of days until I am happy with the way things are working. This thanks system also links into the VBExperience system - the scores ar eupdated daily at approx. 5am.

You should be able to see the thanks posts have received within the forum posts that have been thanked, including a list of usernames. Thank stats can also be seen in user profiles and in the postbit on the left handside of each users post (if enabled by admin). The search function can also be used to search for thanked posts. There is a time limit on posts, which can and cannot be thanked (if enabled by admin). Currently members can choose to remove thanks for posts, which they have previously left. Currently the number of posts which can be thanked each day is also limited ... currently THREE thanks can be given per day - so use them WISELY ;) This could be changed (limited) further, subject to its use.

To thank a post, simply click the 'thanks' button on the right hands side of the forum window. ------>>>>>

As with some other members, I am not sure this community needs such a thanking system, but time will tell if it is useful/constructive. If this system comes under abuse & misuse, infractions will be issued to the memebrs concerned and if repeat abuse occurs the system WILL be removed completely.

The community asked for a second chance... a system that could not be used negatively against members... this is it. Please use this system responsibly and constructively.

Thanks ;)

Simo

Steve 31st October 2008 19:50

good stuff simon.

badasssaxo 31st October 2008 19:52

Top stuff sir

bullit 31st October 2008 19:54

thanks simo

AMO247 31st October 2008 19:54

well thought of.

Mr_X 31st October 2008 19:54

e-penis like with rep?

Steve 31st October 2008 19:55

forgot to ask.

Does vbexperience add up your thanks points?

Ben_L 31st October 2008 19:57

this is pointless...its just rep still but with a gayer name and posher button

if your going to remove rep then just remove it...if not bring the old rep system back. Not worth the effort in trialing this tbh as it will just get "abused" just the same as the old system...IMO

Mieran 31st October 2008 20:01

Thanks

And no its not like the rep system because there is no negativity in it.

Steve 31st October 2008 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben_L (Post 2666903)

if your going to remove rep then just remove it...if not bring the old rep system back. Not worth the effort in trialing this tbh as it will just get "abused" just the same as the old system...IMO

Imo its nice to be praised for the effort you put in, especially when you have spent the last god knows how long, drawing up a guide for someone to use.

So imo its a good idea.

AlexB 31st October 2008 20:02

hope this works out well simo

like the way its only in certain sections

Ben_L 31st October 2008 20:03

ok so why not just remove that part from the old system where you can leave neg rep... end of the day there will still be a number at the side of the screen that some people will abuse

Simo 31st October 2008 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben_L (Post 2666903)

Everyones entitled to their opinion.

Ive made myself pretty clear. IF this system is abused, its gone - theres no going back.

lemon191 31st October 2008 20:04

lets hope it works out well!

Simo 31st October 2008 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben_L (Post 2666922)
ok so why not just remove that part from the old system where you can leave neg rep... end of the day there will still be a number at the side of the screen that some people will abuse

The rep system could NOT be limited to specific forums... this CAN, which is why I have implemented this.

I dont often just rush into making random decisions :P

JC-Furio 31st October 2008 20:07

Don't get 'thanks' for making people laugh, sigh, general chat will still suck then. However, should improve the other sections as people will be motivated now for some e-thanks.

Think it would be overall better without either. Thanks is just more or less rep, but being noob-friendly as the dumb ass one's who ask where their avatar is won't be hammered to hell and back with red blobs.

bullit 31st October 2008 20:09

only just noticed the report button lol

Tupps 31st October 2008 20:13

Cheers big ears

Zebeddy 31st October 2008 20:18

good idea :)

Luke 31st October 2008 20:42

Another thing to annoy me at bottom of my name lol.

Not overly keen to be honest, like I said previously I don't feel like the forum needs it but I guess we'll see what happens.....