Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Track Chat (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   New Nurburg Rules (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=443166)

vtectransplant 14th January 2013 22:17

New Nurburg Rules

Shamelessly stolen from another forum but hey ho.....should be of interest to some here.....

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/defa...?storyId=26945

Bucket seats with ‘ears’ (as the Germans delightfully refer to them) are not allowed. Those are the seats with wrap-around head restraints
The famous Hans device neck-restraint is also banned from public driving.
Roll cages with doorbars that restrict access are banned.
Roll cages must be padded. Not with proper FIA crash-absorbing materials. Nobody will check that. Just any old foam will do.
Aftermarket snap-off steering wheels are also verboten.
250 euros drifting penalty

dannygti 14th January 2013 22:21

My bet is none of these will be enforced.. They never are.
It's as simple as this, if your in a Ropey looking car and your driving like a dick then you will be targeted... If your in a well put together car and drive within the rules you will be ok :)

vtectransplant 14th January 2013 22:24

More than likely but its a fecking long way to go for them to shake their heads at your silly seats!

dannygti 14th January 2013 22:27

Very true... I'd be interested to see how people get on with it.. I think it's mad that they are stopping things designed to stop you causing serious injury to you yourself

Gandi699 14th January 2013 22:52

so thats those ring taxis/drift cars knackered then

jpsaxo 15th January 2013 06:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannygti (Post 6206217)
My bet is none of these will be enforced.. They never are.
It's as simple as this, if your in a Ropey looking car and your driving like a dick then you will be targeted... If your in a well put together car and drive within the rules you will be ok :)

Same shit... Different year hey Danny! Lol

AlexB 15th January 2013 06:54

Its like the must have doorcards rule when my window broke
Pulled up put pasengers window down and the marshall looked in shrugged took my car to scan it for me

Didnt even care it was missing

Ross 15th January 2013 07:52

As danny/josh have said. Same shit, different year.

When I went last it was "no out of date seats/harnesses" etc etc etc.

Did anyone check anything? did they fuck.

Viper 15th January 2013 13:53

There will always be something else that is brought up.

They're not going to check every single car that goes on so if you don't make yourself stand out then I can't imagine you'll have any trouble.

sexy_gt 15th January 2013 20:06

it will only take one jobsworth to fuck your weekend though :/

KamRacing 16th January 2013 11:04

So anything half decent will have to go on a closed event. Sounds rather expensive to me.
Its a lot of money now when I could do 6 uk trackdays for the same price in any car I choose. I guess the only benefit of the trackday events is you can actually drive insured!

Ross 16th January 2013 11:06

Not everyone is uninsured on the ring - I'm insured on my standard insurance policy :)

Mochachino 16th January 2013 11:15

I want some ears fitted to my seats.

KamRacing 16th January 2013 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ross (Post 6207612)
Not everyone is uninsured on the ring - I'm insured on my standard insurance policy :)

Most uk drivers are as people dont like to reveal who they are with if they do have cover.

AlexB 16th January 2013 11:39

Im covered
I had to ask for it but im covered :)

jpsaxo 16th January 2013 12:19

Which insurance company are you guys with to get covered on the ring?

Ross 16th January 2013 13:28

I'm with Adrian Flux, but it's the underwriter that's important. For example, AF use Equity Red Star as one of their underwriters, who specifically exclude the Nurburgring in the policy document. Allianz however do not, so it's treated as any other derestricted road, and you're therefore covered.

AlexB 16th January 2013 13:44

See i asked and equity redstar covered my skoda last year
Through flux

Ross 16th January 2013 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexB (Post 6207835)
See i asked and equity redstar covered my skoda last year
Through flux

Yes - I was covered the year before (through ERS) but I checked their policy wording before posting, and this year Nurburgring is *specifically* excluded. :(

(Under general exclusions)

Yates 21st January 2013 20:39

its exactly as danny says, turn up looking like a bag of shit and drive like a dick and yeah you will get in the shit

cant see them going for the drift fines either, when i was there last the skyline owners club was there, and there was loads doing it, not around other cars but when it was clear.