Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat... (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Importing a stray dog (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=401240)

sexy_gt 29th October 2011 20:18

Importing a stray dog

Just came back from a week in Zante.

Lots of stray dogs there. One of them spent the week with myself and vickie, even sleeping in our room. Now we would like to look into importing her to the UK.

The best price we can find so far is £1300 incl boarding/vet fees/transport

Just wondered is anyone has been crazy enough to do this...

cyne 29th October 2011 20:23

How will you know where to find her when you go back?

Guessing you fed her etc? Suppose if no one else feeds her she can always eat the scraps of the floor.

Have you ever owned a dog before?

JamesR 29th October 2011 20:24

Just bang it in a holdall wrapped up in tin foil, no one will ever notice :y:

Mochachino 29th October 2011 21:06

It takes like 6months

welshy23 29th October 2011 21:08

lol you daft cunt. for £1300 you can get a lovely pedigree alsation that'll be loyal and yours and have money left over for some tastey mods for the motor. dont import it, dont be a twat!

ed-bradley 29th October 2011 21:13

I think its more the fact that he doesn't want to leave/have bad thoughts about a stray dog he could have saved and given a decent life.

When I was in Cyprus I saw a few stray dogs, I saw one dead on the pavement after it had been hit by a car.
If I could import a stray dog to home, I would

welshy23 29th October 2011 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by ed-bradley (Post 5633584)
I think its more the fact that he doesn't want to leave/have bad thoughts about a stray dog he could have saved and given a decent life.

When I was in Cyprus I saw a few stray dogs, I saw one dead on the pavement after it had been hit by a car.
If I could import a stray dog to home, I would

what is this? Fagsperience? Man up! they are stray dogs, they probally dont have that bad of a life! i bet they get fed all the time from randomers!

leeham987 29th October 2011 21:15

go for it mate if it'll make you happy. tad expensive though.

Mochachino 29th October 2011 21:15

Should have a tamagotchi

Barry123 29th October 2011 21:18

I have to say fair play to you mate - discussed this with the GF and we decided that we would pay the dosh to import the dog back. You've clearly struck up a bond with her.

although we're wondering how you'd locate the dog again, assuming you're back in the UK now?

Gabbastard 29th October 2011 21:21

Id do that for a dog. Im about as much of a dog-person as you could get though.

Had it years ago when I used to go to France on holiday- some dog just took to me, spent the whole month with it. Id totally have paid the cash to bring it back if I could.

nicole_ 29th October 2011 21:21

aww i think thats really sweet. if you think shes worth it do it.
animals make you do funny things, my parents spent over 4k trying to save my dog when he got ill :panic:

quikydan 29th October 2011 21:28

im a dog owner myself and still think that it's a bit of a mad idea just because it could be ill without you knowing?

you're spending a fair amount of cash when you don't actually know the dogs back ground.

deffinately not an overnight decision.

Hatcha 29th October 2011 21:38

@OP if you can get the money together, definitely go for it. You won't regret it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by welshy23 (Post 5633575)
lol you daft cunt. for £1300 you can get a lovely pedigree alsation that'll be loyal and yours and have money left over for some tastey mods for the motor. dont import it, dont be a twat!

you've totally missed the point, you 'daft cunt'.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicole_ (Post 5633601)
animals make you do funny things, my parents spent over 4k trying to save my dog when he got ill :panic:

same :oops:

welshy23 29th October 2011 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatcha (Post 5633619)
@OP if you can get the money together, definitely go for it. You won't regret it.

you've totally missed the point, you 'daft cunt'.

same :oops:

LOL no i didnt, you want a dog for the cost of £1300...thats pretty much it isnt it? bottom line? im not the daft cunt!

nicole_ 29th October 2011 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by welshy23 (Post 5633629)
LOL no i didnt, you want a dog for the cost of £1300...thats pretty much it isnt it? bottom line? im not the daft cunt!

noooo sam, the point is he wants THAT dog lol

as quickydan says, you'd probably need to be cautious in that you dont know its past and you might wake up to it mauling you one night etc :p

ed-bradley 29th October 2011 21:46

My dog was more than that, I'll admit I didn't pay for it, my mum did.
If you have a bond with something like a Dog or a person, surely you're willing to do pretty much anything to have them?

Bit far-fetched & drastic I know, But what if you're other half was kidnapped by Somalian pirates and wanted £xxxx money to have her back? You wouldn't pay it? Course you would.
If he's grown a bond with this dog then its only natural I guess to want it badly and give it a decent life, rather than being a stray. I've seen stray dogs on foreign countries, they don't get treated nicely by the majority.

TomT 29th October 2011 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicole_ (Post 5633601)
aww i think thats really sweet. if you think shes worth it do it.

Not got pet insurance?!

My dog had to have a camera an some other shit up his arse a while back n just that was over a grand

to the op nope never been that crazy but like db said it'll take a while.

I can understand why you want it though, Some of the stray dogs I saw on holiday where lovely little things. You best hope it's young and healthy though.. Would be pissed if I paid that much then it died a few months later..

ed-bradley 29th October 2011 22:24

I would have done it for free.

cyne 29th October 2011 22:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by quikydan (Post 5633606)
im a dog owner myself and still think that it's a bit of a mad idea just because it could be ill without you knowing?

you're spending a fair amount of cash when you don't actually know the dogs back ground.

deffinately not an overnight decision.

Judging from the picture at least that dog is healthier than half of the dogs I see around here.

People either by a dog with shit parents or don't look after them properly. Every time I see an overweight dog I actually feel so sorry for them.