Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat... (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   106 Gti track day / sprint car Build progress (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=475327)

karl_mh 31st March 2018 11:15

106 Gti track day / sprint car Build progress

Hi All, thought i would put some progress pics and info of my 106 Gti build, hopefully some of the questions asked around this forum could be answered.:y:

VeiRoN 31st March 2018 12:47

where hjjgh

karl_mh 31st March 2018 16:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by karl_mh (Post 6552790)
Hi All, thought i would put some progress pics and info of my 106 Gti build, hopefully some of the questions asked around this forum could be answered.:y:

LoL.....the batteries in my mouse expired :panic:

karl_mh 31st March 2018 17:32

3 Attachment(s)
The car itself is now a rolling shell and my next challenge is to transfer the maxi fuse box and engine compartment fuse box under the dash, in addition to this i'm installing a race battery behind the navigators seat and finally a battery master cut off switch will be fitted.

I have a Gti donor wiring loom in preparation for extending the some of the loom.

karl_mh 31st March 2018 17:45

1 Attachment(s)
I ended up pulling the loom back into the passenger footwell, once the loom tape was removed, surprisingly most of the fuse box cables pulled back far enough allowing the fuse box cable / plugs to remain uncut. There are approx 5 cables that required extending, these were matched from the donor loom, soldered and heat shrunk.

karl_mh 31st March 2018 17:59

2 Attachment(s)
Finally after a long day the Maxi and engine compartment fuseboxes are now located under the dash, a final test of all the electrics and hey presto......everything so far works.:clapping:

karl_mh 31st March 2018 18:16

2 Attachment(s)
Here is the car in its current "rolling" state.

Just had the Superflex battery cable delivered in black and red, i also bought a crimping tool and had a quick test crimp before hand. Just need to work out the best route from the battery to the cut off switch.

karl_mh 31st March 2018 18:26

1 Attachment(s)
Picked up my Odyssey PC680 battery last week, the battery bracket was a pain in the arse to install, i had to remove the fuel tank in the end to be able to fit stainless steel dome head bolts as there's no room for Rivnuts due to the tank being so close to the bulk head :wall:

karl_mh 31st March 2018 21:49

1 Attachment(s)
Engine bay looking less cluttered without the battery and fuseboxes.

Chipwizards 1st April 2018 12:59

Do yourself a favour and fit an Anderson plug going to the battery.

That style of battery holder (metal and too close to the terminals) makes putting jump leads or a booster pack onto the terminals very difficult, and almost impossible if you use the silly button-head screws that those batteries usually come with.

At the very least fit some sort of extended battery posts that you can safely get booster cables on to.

karl_mh 1st April 2018 16:36

1 Attachment(s)
Had these ready and waiting in the garage ;)

Chipwizards 1st April 2018 21:36

Mind reader!

:-)

karl_mh 2nd April 2018 11:09

1 Attachment(s)
Just made the radio blanking plate to house the Autolec battery master cut off switch and new ignition switch.

karl_mh 6th April 2018 21:16

3 Attachment(s)
Managed to get a spare hour to get the battery to master cut off switch cable made to length and installed, also managed to make a live cable from the outgoing side of the master cut off to the 3 way jointing box.

karl_mh 5th May 2018 21:59

2 Attachment(s)
Finally had a spare hour to finish off the battery master switch and mounting of the newly located fuse boxes.

AdamL200 6th May 2018 20:48

Quick question, when moving the battery what are u going to do with the earths because isn’t there 1 from the gearbox to the battery and just a normal 1 to the body, just asking for when I move my battery

karl_mh 7th May 2018 09:32

My plan is to earth the gearbox directly to the chassis, it should act in the same way. The newly located battery is earthed to the chassis (as per standard battery)close to its new location so in theory it wont affect the car in any way.

From memory there are two earth directly from the battery, one to the gearbox and the other to the chassis, so mine still has the earth to chassis and once the engine is installed the gearbox will have a new earth to the chassis.

Hope this makes sense :wacko:

karl_mh 26th May 2018 19:36

2 Attachment(s)
Been busy at work recently and had no time to work on the car, i've managed to get a few hours here and there to start running the fuel lines through the car.

karl_mh 27th May 2018 16:19

3 Attachment(s)
Just taken delivery of the Satchshift:P the fuel lines have moved down the priority list to 2nd.

Just drilled the shift lever and bulk head holes then got rained off :(

karl_mh 8th June 2018 22:25

3 Attachment(s)
Right! back to the fuel line installation, both lines are now in and P-clipped into place and bulkhead 90 degree elbows through to the engine bay are done.....finally.