Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Saxo Engine/Performance (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   our GSXR throttle bodies & manifold kit (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=256998)

craigatdyno-developments 11th September 2009 22:17

our GSXR throttle bodies & manifold kit

Hi All

We would like to introduce our GSXR throttle bodies & manifold kits for the 1.6 16v engine, these made 170 BHP & 135 lbft torque on 708 catcams. the manifold is fabricated using equal length runners for optimum air/fuel distribution.

JamesR 11th September 2009 22:19

There the sexiest things i have ever seen. Nuff said from me. *dribble*

Matt67 11th September 2009 22:27

How much?

craigatdyno-developments 11th September 2009 22:27

Hi All

if any one wants more info or any questions please ask.

regards

Craig Stephens

Dyno-Developments

Matt67 11th September 2009 22:31

Yup yup, how much do these cost?

craigatdyno-developments 11th September 2009 22:33

Hi Matt

theres two options, if you supply your own GSXR 600 throttle bodies we can modify and fit them to our manifold for £520 including velocity stacks (trumpets) plus postage.

or we can supply the bodies for an extra £80.

They come complete with injectors and throttle potentiometer.

Regards

Craig

Dyno-Developments

JamesR 11th September 2009 23:47

Should become an afilliate member on here :y:

Speak to Simo

Do you do mapping aswell? So how much would the TBs supplied, fitted and mapped be?

Matt67 11th September 2009 23:51

Ok, sounds good - Out of interest.. What ECU was the 1.6 16v engine running when it reached 170 bhp?

AndySAXO 11th September 2009 23:59

what size truppets are these?

also does the TPS fit the standard saxo TPS loom plug?

do you map cars and where are you based?

many thanks could be very intrested in these :y:

andy

blackie_2k5 12th September 2009 00:00

sandy browns set up is cheaper and looks better, and uses the 750/1000 bodies

Strikevts 12th September 2009 00:55

how much is the whole kit and wat would i get if my vts is running 157bhp on newman ph3's?

AXracing 12th September 2009 08:29

They do look well made. But as Blackie_2k5 said Sandy Browns as well as Bogg Brothers, MASMO (may have spelt that wrong), Grass Track George and Mike Geen have been selling similar setups for various TU engines for many years. Last time I ask Boggy and MASMO they both only wanted £150 for a manifold.

luthor1 12th September 2009 09:29

With the greatest of respect, I find 170bhp without changing the head, and on 708 cams to be a little optimistic.

Also, I think that GSXR600 bodies are too small for the 1.6 16v engines, and the GSXR1000 bodies are better sized.

I also think that looking at that engine bay, the bodies come WAY to close to the scuttle to allow decent airflow, and also there's no room for a filter which i I would *always* run.

They do seem a bit pricey aswell since £600 is more than the established bike-body competition.

They do look nice and well made, but I think the market is flooded with bike body conversions, and you need to give them 'the edge' in some way.

Kind regards

Andy

craigatdyno-developments 12th September 2009 14:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaXo_vtr123 (Post 3669901)
Should become an afilliate member on here :y:

Speak to Simo

Do you do mapping aswell? So how much would the TBs supplied, fitted and mapped be?

Hi
we used an Omex ECU on our development car, but you can use any quality ecu you like.
you cam PM me for full prices etc

frankie 12th September 2009 14:10

8v setup?

craigatdyno-developments 12th September 2009 14:19

Hi All

So many questions here i will try to answer them all. I will start with the price, unlike nearly all the other bike throttle body conversions on the market we modify the bodies to match the port spacing on the engine, this involves splitting the bodies and re-spacing them to achieve equal length manifold runners for optimum air fuel distribution.This requires a new fuel rail to be manufactured to suit, then we have to modify the linkages to suit, we remove the secondary throttle valve and spindle etc and plug the holes. the manifold was designed using CFD ( computantional fluid dynamics ) etc to determine the best angle and distance to throttle plate.
This all costs money to achieve. We dont just bolt some TBs to a manifold. as for sandy browns set up it is £20 cheaper.

craigatdyno-developments 12th September 2009 14:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankie (Post 3670629)
8v setup?

hi
sorry we dont do one for the 8v yet

Drago 12th September 2009 14:31

They look quite good.

Although the only question i have is, why go to the trouble of getting machined trumpets and inlet manifold stacks to go and join it all together with silicone joiners and jubilee clips?

Where they join do they offer a nice smooth transfer where they go in and out of the actual throttle body units?

Other than that nice effort and good to see more competition in the bike throttle body world:y:

craigatdyno-developments 12th September 2009 14:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by luthor1 (Post 3670231)
With the greatest of respect, I find 170bhp without changing the head, and on 708 cams to be a little optimistic.

Also, I think that GSXR600 bodies are too small for the 1.6 16v engines, and the GSXR1000 bodies are better sized.

I also think that looking at that engine bay, the bodies come WAY to close to the scuttle to allow decent airflow, and also there's no room for a filter which i I would *always* run.

They do seem a bit pricey aswell since £600 is more than the established bike-body competition.

They do look nice and well made, but I think the market is flooded with bike body conversions, and you need to give them 'the edge' in some way.

Kind regards

Andy

Hi andy

i can assure you our development car made those figures, but we did match the manifold to the head, this was localised machining and not actually modifying the head.
as for the 600 (38mm bore) TBs we carried out back to back tests against the larger (42mm bore) TBs and we had more area under the curve for torque and power.
The reason the trumpets are close to the bulk head in the images, is the car was strapped to a dyno as we were testing inlet tract length, also the trumpets are supplied at 110mm long so they can be trimmed down if reqired.

and WE always run air filters.

Regards

Craig

Dyno-Developments

craigatdyno-developments 12th September 2009 14:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by daz_Westcoast (Post 3670667)
They look quite good.

Although the only question i have is, why go to the trouble of getting machined trumpets and inlet manifold stacks to go and join it all together with silicone joiners and jubilee clips?

Where they join do they offer a nice smooth transfer where they go in and out of the actual throttle body units?

Other than that nice effort and good to see more competition in the bike throttle body world:y:

HI
Where the silicon joiners meet we hand match them perfectly before we dispatch them. It makes them easier to strip them if needed, we have found this method to work very well and it never comprimises performance. The air/fuel charge never passes through any of the silicon piping its just there to couple the lot together

regards

craig