Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Saxperience Announcements & Updates (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Dishonesty at its best! (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26177)

Simo 2nd February 2006 07:08

I am sorry to announce that we have atleast one devious, dishonest and disrespectful member within the Saxperience community!

You may not be surprised by this statement, but I feel totally let down by the actions of this person.

So, what's this all about?

On the 28th January, our 'problem member' gained access to a moderator account... Had a quick look around the staff forums and checked a few PM's before logging out.

The signin check had worked - you're so 'special'.

Unfortunately every movement on the website is logged and consequently every movement can be re-traced.
<hr />
On the 30th January, our 'problem member' decided to have another browse around the site... but not from the usual internet access point (BTW - NTL really do suck dont they!)... no, this time it must have been college day... so off to Writtle we go.

After a browse around, again a moderator account was accessed (an interesting search technique for usernames BTW). This bad enough in itself, the actions taken next, well and truly over-stepped the mark!

(Note. there are more direct ways of accessing this site - Google.co.uk is not the easiest of routes and unfortunately for you, this increases the data logging potential)

Again, staff threads were read along with a couple of PM's... I hope you found those informative.

But what have Leckie and saxx done to you? deactivating these users was like setting a huge warning beacon off! (the quick access buttons are great aren't they... very easy to use )

You must have taken offence to alicia's signature and avatar too... or were you just checking out those buttons again?

OK, job done, so it's time to sit around for a few hours and watch what happens...

I applaud you - I'm so impressed.

I'm even more impressed that you've managed to logon each day... have you been waiting for some reaction?
<hr />

Would the 'problem member' like to get in touch with me and tell me the reasons why you chose to do this? I welcome you to do this!

I will be following this matter up in more detail... It's unfortunate that your actions will restrict access for a number of people in and around Essex... but not just yet. You do deserve to see this post ofcourse

Whilst I can not be sure of the actual person responsible for these actions, I am confident in the username responsible - this account has therefore been downgraded and deactivated. Further actions will follow.

==============

The following user accounts will be monitored for a period. If your username is on this list and you dont consider there to be a reason for this, then please get in touch with me, so I can explain the situation further. There is a logical explaination for many of the names cropping up on this list.

BTW there is some significance in the order of this list - especially towards the TOP of the list!

chrishimself
mitchell
RobertosVTS
BDM
alex106
Marcsforte
saxorider
s6_girl
lauraw
tricks
scott_fiesta87
NIKNOKZ
kroozuk_danVTR
VTSFIEND

Nick_VTR 2nd February 2006 07:40

That is shocking whats the point of trying to muck upa quality web site theres no need. people should just get a life!

Phatsaxo55 2nd February 2006 08:10

simo is there any chance that by doing this personal information can be obtained?Addresses etc? As im sure im not the only one who dosent want info like that being watched and learnt.

artnmotion 2nd February 2006 12:48

can't you see in user names who logs on at certain IP address?

Simo 2nd February 2006 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phatsaxo55
simo is there any chance that by doing this personal information can be obtained?Addresses etc? As im sure im not the only one who dosent want info like that being watched and learnt.

No, postal addresses are NOT stored online.

Quote:

Originally Posted by artnmotion
can't you see in user names who logs on at certain IP address?

This has been done Dom, hence the positive USERNAME match on the account in question.

saxx 2nd February 2006 13:54

blimey!

so is the person on top who done it?

(sorry im not with it today)

Chris 2nd February 2006 14:04

It will be revealed soon!

Chris

Sax1lora 2nd February 2006 14:06

thats shocking!

Saint 2nd February 2006 14:18

email the college IT dude sometimes they will help out especially if you have a IP address an date/time.... whois soetimes find the exact PC name in some colleges like mine

makes tracking down abusive members on my forums great cause most of em go the same uni i work an do IT for lol ;)

silversaxo 2nd February 2006 14:21

thats a bit sad isnt it i wondered where saxx signature went mind you there is some weird things going on in here thou

Baz 2nd February 2006 15:34

sounds opretty shocking a serious really, wanna find out what the people on the list have done when i read the bit about college i was thinking, shit what have i done, mainly because i log on at college on monday, tuesday and wednesday hehe

Sax1lora 2nd February 2006 15:46

but how did they manage to log on as mods? they need the mods password dont they?

Baz 2nd February 2006 15:49

if you do there will be a way around it or a way to get on without one. pretty much anything is possible when hacking.

Sax1lora 2nd February 2006 15:52

so there a computer geek as well as an asshole

Baz 2nd February 2006 15:53

ey saying that they are a computer geek is offensive to me aswell!!

Reef 2nd February 2006 15:56

Thats just plain out of order... some people take things to another level, "you aint hard behind your computer mate" if you had the courage, you would in actual fact confront these people you had a problem with. Simo, keep the good work up mate, this is a excellent site, more advanced and alot more information than any other saxo sites i have seen. I hope you get to the bottom of this asap.

Sax1lora 2nd February 2006 15:56

sorry

just saying i wouldnt have a clue where to start even trying to hack into someones account. just sad really...

Baz 2nd February 2006 15:59

lol me neither, wouldn't be too hard to find out though i wouldn't think, tell you what though, i hate my college course, its sooo boring, sitting behind a screen all day reading Cisco and typing up assignments!

urrrgghh!

Clouds_mate 2nd February 2006 16:41

well.... lol erm nice work that Simo, Drop me a PM when you find out more mate if you dont mind, was abit weird what happend.

I love little keyboard worriors, hope the person is at FCS and i will she if he has a problem with me there

Baz 2nd February 2006 16:43

your not a Chelski fan are you Leckie?
If you are i think you should be