Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Saxo Engine/Performance (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Mk2 oil press hole blanking plug size? (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=454275)

ThrushMotorsport 30th July 2013 19:36

Mk2 oil press hole blanking plug size?

Does anyone know what the size of the blanking plug on the mk2 vtr is?

I'm doing the mk1 oil filter conversion, have tried numerous Allen keys but no luck, anyone know what size it is? As don't really want to round it off by accident hammering in a bigger key...

Sophia_Bush 30th July 2013 20:20

to block the hole top right? I think when I did it I used a m10 tap to make the thread first

Bedford126 30th July 2013 20:37

M10, as gav said. use grease on the tap or you will get swarf in the engine. You will find it easier with a tapered tap.

I also have the proper Citoen headless bolts if you need one?

ThrushMotorsport 30th July 2013 20:50

Wrong one guys, it's the blanking plug thats on the block with an Allen bolt/square head key to get it off the block, I'm using it as my oil feed to the turbo, usually you stick your oil press sensor in it, can give a photo if need be? If it helps its where the oil press sensor would be on the mk1 vtr it's slap bang on the middle of the block

I'm tapping that small hole tomorow, so that ones not an issue and sump is coming off tomorow aswell so ill do it whilst sump is off so I can make sure there's no swarf, but Bedford depends on the price, and I need it pretty quick as I'm trying to get it all running by this weekend

Bedford126 30th July 2013 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrushMotorsport (Post 6349830)
Wrong one guys, it's the blanking plug thats on the block with an Allen bolt/square head key to get it off the block, I'm using it as my oil feed to the turbo, usually you stick your oil press sensor in it, can give a photo if need be? If it helps its where the oil press sensor would be on the mk1 vtr it's slap bang on the middle of the block

I'm tapping that small hole tomorow, so that ones not an issue and sump is coming off tomorow aswell so ill do it whilst sump is off so I can make sure there's no swarf, but Bedford depends on the price, and I need it pretty quick as I'm trying to get it all running by this weekend

Ahh the pressure sensor is m16 x 1.50 mate.

And the blanking plug would be £2 plus postage.

ThrushMotorsport 30th July 2013 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bedford126 (Post 6349838)
Ahh the pressure sensor is m16 x 1.50 mate.

And the blanking plug would be £2 plus postage.

It's the size of the Allen head on the end I need to know pal, none of my keys fit, one did fit but then it seemed to spin

Pm me price inclusive of postage then pal

ThrushMotorsport 30th July 2013 22:01

Doesn't matter bout this bung now, whacked a 7/16 bit on it and it came out with ease, sorted :)