Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Fallout 4 (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=472114)

L33h 10th November 2015 20:06

Fallout 4

Cmon then whos got it :P. I pre-ordered it and hoped it would come early but it didnt lol sick

I've played it for a couple of hours tonight and I think its good but I cant get used to buttons atm. I've been playing the witcher and theyre all backwards lol.

rushy_23 10th November 2015 20:34

My copy came Monday morning but Im working nights ATM so not had much play time.

So far seems good, well pretty much what I expected it to be like (fallout 3 but with a nxt gen open world and somewhat better graphics).

Time will tell, I like the how the leveling system has been updated to make upgrade paths more specific. Also the crafting seems cool, settlements I really couldnt be arsed with to be totally honest.

I've got it on PS4, what console you using (or PC?)?

L33h 10th November 2015 21:04

Yea I like the leveling system it seems a lot better tbh. I've gotten up to a quest to clear some raiders out of some station and for a really early quest it's really hard I got absolutely blown out of the water haha.

This one seems more like a shooter game as the previous ones I mostly used vats. Unless I've set my person differently lol

I'm on Ps4 too. Shame i pre-ordered it for that cos I've heard it runs a lot better on a pc

RobVT 11th November 2015 15:03

pah that quest is easy!

i got it on the master race (pc lol)

upto now its excellent!

L33h 11th November 2015 18:17

Just about to stick it on now :P

Synister 12th November 2015 12:16

Anyone on PC needs the Graphics mod from Nexusmods. Really brightens the place up and fixed a few FPS drops for me. I also changed the view to 90, the default is 70 afaik and that's only really suited to playing it on a tv 8 foot away, not on a monitor a foot from your face.

Scott 13th November 2015 09:37

Same kind of game as Skyrim? (obviously a different setting)

Fancy it but not sure I have anywhere near the hours to put into it

L33h 13th November 2015 10:01

Same makers as skyrim. It is similar but with guns and stuff. Buy it mate it's good!

Synister 13th November 2015 10:51

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comment...e_should_know/

Fallout4 item map: http://fallout4map.com/

Scott 13th November 2015 11:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by L33h (Post 6529847)
Same makers as skyrim. It is similar but with guns and stuff. Buy it mate it's good!

Same as Skyrim though that its not really a game that you can play for the odd ten mins though? Thats my issue these days, no time.

RobVT 13th November 2015 13:22

went on last night about half 7, made the baby a bottle at half 10, gave her, her bottle, burped her went back on till one up at 6 to work, rinse repeat.

sexy_gt 15th November 2015 14:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by L33h (Post 6529731)
Cmon then whos got it :P. I pre-ordered it and hoped it would come early but it didnt lol sick

I've played it for a couple of hours tonight and I think its good but I cant get used to buttons atm. I've been playing the witcher and theyre all backwards lol.

Me me me :panic:

L33h 15th November 2015 18:59

Yeaaaaa haha. I think its a bit overrated tbh. There, i said it!

rushy_23 24th November 2015 19:14

I somewhat agree, I think the game has been overhyped.

Fallout 3 was a game which was complete new to me, never played anything like it and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Whilst 4 is a definite improvement, it feels more Fallout 3.5, or Fallout 3 HD rather than a brand new title.

Not even sure why so I cant back up my comment above.

One thing thats obvious is, the game gets repetitive very quickly:

1) Accept quest
2) Travel to location on map
3) Get distracted by something cool or interested
4) Not have enough inventory space to loot the area so have to fast travel back dump shit and then fast travel back to said location
5) Finish up clearing area then return rest of loot back to safe zone
6) Realise you wanted to complete a quest so reattempt it, whilst running through quest run through points 4 to 5 again.
7) Go back to step 1 and continue in order to step 7, that is Fallout 4

L33h 24th November 2015 19:20

Yea that's what I've been doing too. Sick of going back and dropping off stuff haha. I've got about 10 different quests open but I'm too soft to do most of em and I'm level 20 lol.

Ran into a legendary death claw earlier. That was fun.

sexy_gt 25th November 2015 17:37

Game is mint has stolen my life lol.

KamRacing 25th November 2015 18:16

don't companions have an unlimited inventory? You just pile everything onto them..

sexy_gt 25th November 2015 18:51

Poor old strong is carrying all my stuff :)

L33h 25th November 2015 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by KamRacing (Post 6530506)
don't companions have an unlimited inventory? You just pile everything onto them..

I thought that too but I'm with Hancock atm and it said the other day that he couldn't carry any more. I think Strong might have unlimited cos he was carrying fucking loads before lol

rushy_23 25th November 2015 20:27

Nope no unlimited storage space on companions.

I refuse to invest points into endurance and related perks just to carry stuff. Whats frustrating about it is you need to loot else you cant upgrade your settlements and gear.

So I feel the need to pick up everything from desk fans to pencils, fusion cores to board games.

What I do enjoy about the game is the level of depth of the different areas and places to explorer. So far not many dull moments at all. I obtained the Luck bobblehead earlier today and there was a lot going on around the area which its located.

Lol legendary deathclaw eh?! Hope you didn't quick save mid fight!