Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Saxo Engine/Performance (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Raceland or Simota enclosed induction kit? (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174998)

jacko87 16th September 2008 17:11

Raceland or Simota enclosed induction kit?

Hi,

I'm looking to get an enclosed induction kit, I had my heart set on the Raceland enclosed one with the green filter, but after seeing mixed reviews about it on this forum with some people saying it doesn't fit properly and htey've had to make DIY clamps etc., I've started to consider getting a Simota now. Is there any difference in structural build/parts included to make it fit properly etc.?

Any help/advice would be much appreciated, as I'm well and truly stuck!

Thanks in advance

bullit 16th September 2008 17:14

simota cost more yeah?

prety much the same. id look out for a green second hand or jjust standard filter and buy a manifold with money saved

jacko87 16th September 2008 17:19

thanks for the advice bullit, i'm still confused as to which one i should get, ill need to have a good think

Ferg 16th September 2008 17:33

There can't be a huge difference in performance gains between the two ...

jacko87 16th September 2008 17:48

thanks Fergie, but it isn't so much the performance difference i'm confused about, its the whole fitting process etc. it seems as though alot of people have had fitting problems with the Raceland, and have had to make their own clamps,brackets etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fergie127 (Post 2524093)
There can't be a huge difference in performance gains between the two ...

Ferg 16th September 2008 17:50

Yeah you are right ... Racelands are quite difficult to fit and normally mean having to make your own brackets and mounts.

I've got no experience with the Simota but i'd imagine it's a better fit as it's more monies. If the Simota is going for more than £100+ you might as well save a little more and get a BMC CDA.

Ferg 16th September 2008 17:51

Yeah you are right ... Racelands are quite difficult to fit and normally mean having to make your own brackets and mounts.

I've got no experience with the Simota but i'd imagine it's a better fit as it's more monies. If the Simota is going for more than £100+ you might as well save a little more and get a BMC CDA.

jacko87 16th September 2008 17:57

yeah, you're probably right - thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by fergie127 (Post 2524177)

Sophia_Bush 16th September 2008 20:28

raceland are just simota copies either or will need some modding

jacko87 16th September 2008 21:39

thanks to everyone whos helped me on this, not perhaps i'm looking too much into this, but what would you guys recommend, BMC CDA or a Raceland\Simota enclosed induction kit?

Thanks in advance

manc 17th September 2008 08:57

Buy my BMC & silicon hoses for perfect fitment :y:HERE

jacko87 17th September 2008 09:08

thanks for the advice, but it won't let me access that link! :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by manc (Post 2526328)

jacko87 17th September 2008 09:15

also, could you recommend/link me anywhere where to get the BMC and silicon from?

thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by manc (Post 2526328)

manc 17th September 2008 09:36

Think your post count is too low to view the classified section of sax-p :(

Here's some images of it fitted.

There are no off the shelf hoses you can buy for the BMC unfortunatley, I had to get two made to my dimensions and cut it down to size, see below pic

PM me if your intrested.

jacko87 17th September 2008 09:42

great post - thanks, pm on its way!

Quote:

Originally Posted by manc (Post 2526429)

There are no off the shelf hoses you can buy for the BMC unfortunatley, I had to get two made to my dimensions and cut it down to size, see below pic

PM me if your intrested.

Matty-VTR 17th September 2008 17:42

That looks like it will hinder performance if anything lol..two 90 degree bends in it

saxo_mike 17th September 2008 18:10

go raceland , they're a bit cheaper

jacko87 17th September 2008 21:58

do you have a Raceland? If so, what problems with fitting (if any) have you had?

thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxo_mike (Post 2528011)
go raceland , they're a bit cheaper

jacko87 18th September 2008 17:21

confirmed: i'm getting the BMC CDA :)

just need to get the cash and sorted! :panic:

1st_saxo_vtr 16th June 2010 11:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by manc (Post 2526429)

PM me if your intrested.

Could you send me the exact dimensions of the silicone hosing please?
Thanks