Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   just got a macbook pro! (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=387301)

Ryan 4th August 2011 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankay (Post 5481950)
Agreed definatley it plays a huge part. This thread could go on forever. But i stand by my opinion in that apple computers are far superior to windows systems.

but they're phones are good for everything but using as a phone ;)

Barry123 4th August 2011 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankay (Post 5481916)
So why did you buy an iphone? eejit! They are far from rubbish sale figures talk for themselvs. Its just your opinion. which in my opinion is wrong.

Had one since the original iphone. I could get over the fact that it didn't even do MMS or had a crap camera since I rarely used those features at the time. Same for various platform support (flash). I thought Apple would introduce this in time, since there policy is focus more of making it appealing to morons and then add the technology at a later date. At the time the phone was way out there in terms of features and usability.

But after taking up the contract for the 3gs and discovering that that donkey wanking shit eater Jobs won't let the mainstay platforms that populate the web and most websites on the iPhone, iPad or iTouch, well frankly, that is iFuckingBollocks. There is no reason not to have it other than $$$$$$'s.

And for that reason Apple and that 2 bob assmuncher Jobs can do one.

Sales means nothing...
VHS vs Beatamax - which was better...? Which had the higher sales?
Firewire vs USB - which was better...? Which had the higher sales?

There are endless cases of inferior products being the most popular - iPhone included.

Barry123 4th August 2011 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankay (Post 5481950)
But i stand by my opinion in that apple computers are far superior to windows systems.

We've established they ain't.

Frankay 4th August 2011 21:19

You take this debate way too serious. And we havnt established anything as you wanted to do benchmarking. There is no programme that benchmarks both macs and Pcs. Also your PC is overclocked which isnt standard, Also Super PI only bases figures purely on processing power. Find one that benchmarks everything including graphics etc.

Bound 4th August 2011 22:43

If you want to benchmark it you could use this;

http://www.primatelabs.ca/geekbench/

Very few cross platform benchmarks, I found two.

That one doesn't do 3D/graphic performance by the looks of it which is a shame. If someone else gives it a punt though I might be more motivated.

Barry123 5th August 2011 04:36

Happy to pitch my comp against anything - mac's can be overclocked too so I don't see what the fuss is about mine being clocked.

Anyway to lighten the mood...

Frankay 5th August 2011 10:06

South park FTW!.

Check this one out

Manu 5th August 2011 11:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by adsayer (Post 5482006)
VHS vs Beatamax - which was better...? Which had the higher sales?
Firewire vs USB - which was better...? Which had the higher sales?

you forgot HD DVD vs Bluray. More or less sweet revenge for Sony (read the betamax court case)

Bound 7th August 2011 18:43

This picture made me laugh;

Even Tottenham looters didn't want a mac :D

Manu 7th August 2011 19:02

hahaha holy shiiiit. You read the daily Fail?

Quote:

Even Tottenham looters didn't want a mac

probably because of the chances of getting busted while using a stolen mac.

Ryan 7th August 2011 19:23

LOL at the pic.

Although more than likely to be the fact that stores put better security on high value items/A mac is too hard to set up for someone in such an uneducated part of the uk haha