Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Saxo Engine/Performance (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   VTR vs VTS (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=177141)

waynaldo1 26th September 2008 17:17

VTR vs VTS

Apart from the VTR has 8v and the VTS has 16v is it..
whats the real different between them..like how much
faster is the VTS than the VTR...

RCD-Performance 26th September 2008 17:24

Search.

Peejous 26th September 2008 17:26

Vtr is faster than VTS dont you know.

waynaldo1 26th September 2008 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCD-Performance (Post 2556813)
Search.

apart from i have tried to SEARCH...
is that what this forum is for:wall:

DanT 26th September 2008 17:57

Lol then you havent tried very hard mate!

Ferg 26th September 2008 18:01

VTR can do 60 in 2nd gear (VTS can't) and has more torque than a VTS ...

RCD-Performance 26th September 2008 18:03

Damn guys the VTR is faster....thats what i've been doing wrong all this time :( lol

Ferg 26th September 2008 18:06

^^^ I agree ... 8v is the way forward tbh ...

hard_corejoeboy 26th September 2008 18:10

Basically the VTS is the top of the range model so it stands to reason it will be the fastest.
MK1 VTR has 90bhp
MK2 VTR has 98bhp
All VTS has 120bhp

Think the stats are for the mk1s

VTR 0-60 9.3secs top speed 113mph
VTS 0.60 7.5secs top speed 127mph

The VTS also has ABS and and extra passenger airbag and different alloys.

Basically the VTS is the superior car and im a VTR owner don't listen to what people say a VTS is just better. Only reason i don't have one is its insurance group 14 (as opposed to a VTR's insurance group 7) and the mpg are nearly 10 apart...

gixxa 26th September 2008 18:14

the vts is quicker out of the factory but the vtr responds better to "tunning" resistors that can be bought cheaply from ebay.

The vtr's are also cheaper to insure as they are only 8v, the vts is group 14 and the vtr 7, this is becuase insurance is based firstly on engine size (both 1.6) then on how many cams the car has (vtr has one were as the vts has 2) this is why the insureance is double.

On a seriuos note, there both pritty much the same spec apart from the engine. They both are about the same in lower revs (normal drving conditions) and both use about the same amount of fuel.

DanT 26th September 2008 18:16

The only reason i dont have one like i used to is because there is something about the 8Valve for me, cant put my finger on it.

flee123 26th September 2008 18:22

Engine is the biggest difference. Giving another 20bhp. Other differences are pass. airbag, ABS, electric mirrors and the VTS alloys.

Most people prefer to modify the VTS engine over the VTR as the price of the conversion is better overall as opposed to paying to get another 20/30bhp out of your VTR.

Insurance is the pain though. Cant afford the insurance like me, get the later VTR with 98bhp

Yates 26th September 2008 18:28

mpg aren hugely different depending how you drive

up to 60 there isnt much in it, vts will just be ahead, get to 3rd gear and wave good bye to the s as it goes ahead

Rawlinz 26th September 2008 19:03

I thought the VTS was 130BHP standard? Not 120?

Steve 26th September 2008 19:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rawlinz (Post 2557067)
I thought the VTS was 130BHP standard? Not 120?

nope your wrong.

rounded up to 120 most places i read they are 118 ;) but not all were the same out the factory.

TBH

cant go wrong with a VTR if you can drive, will show VTS drivers up no problem.

Steve 26th September 2008 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by hard_corejoeboy (Post 2556924)
Basically the VTS is the top of the range model so it stands to reason it will be the fastest.
MK1 VTR has 90bhp
MK2 VTR has 98bhp
All VTS has 120bhp

Think the stats are for the mk1s

VTR 0-60 9.3secs top speed 113mph
VTS 0.60 7.5secs top speed 127mph

The VTS also has ABS and and extra passenger airbag and different alloys.

Basically the VTS is the superior car and im a VTR owner don't listen to what people say a VTS is just better. Only reason i don't have one is its insurance group 14 (as opposed to a VTR's insurance group 7) and the mpg are nearly 10 apart...

VTR top speed is more like 121 on the brochure.....

what you mean the VTS is just better? explain?

Cheaper to tax, better on MPG just as if not faster round tight tracks, and the cars cheaper to buy and insure.

Just because people have a VTS doesnt meant they know how to drive, there isnt that much in it at all even in a straight line its only when the VTS is in the last part of 3rd it really starts to pull away, meaning on a tight track where 2nd is mainly used, the VTR will always be there, using less fuel aswel.

Quote:

Gold VTR VTS Interior, Momo gearknob, Lockwood Dials, Angel Eyes, Smoked rear lexus lights, BK333 15s, Toyo Proxes T1R and T1S, EBC Discs and Greenstuff pads, Spacers and calipers painted green, Black wind deflectors, black meshed grill with citroen sign, full stainless steel exhaust, Raceland induction kit.....and soon to be LOWERED MOOHAHA!
with all that shite on your VTR put it on a VTS bet i could still beat you in a VTR round the track ;)

As for standard on standard, a) i would rather a glove box then some shitty Airbag, the ABS 9/10 will break all the time, the seats still look shite, your still going to get shite mpg compared to the VTR.

Yes i suppose it is the better car on paper, but you cant slate the VTR for what it is.

Try living with a VTS for a week, driving it to work sitting in traffic, you'll soon wish you had your VTR back purely for the MPG round town the VTS gets something like 22 iirc which is fucking aweful.
The VTR will always be nippier around town, unless your happy being over 4k revs in 1st all the time trying to keep up.

Ashleyp 26th September 2008 19:11

once i signed in on saxp, and realised there was a search button.. maybe the same thing will happen to you :)

also, why is the 1st question layed out the way it is? in terms of being in middle of page

hard_corejoeboy 26th September 2008 19:14

Well a civic type R is faster than your VTS who cares at the end of the day- not me...

Theres always gonna be massive arguments on this always has always will just wait till the VTS owners get on here tonight....

And the top speed for a *mk1* VTR is 113 mk2 may well be faster.
And as for the track - bring it ;)

Steve 26th September 2008 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by hard_corejoeboy (Post 2557105)
Well a civic type R is faster than your VTS who cares at the end of the day- not me...

Theres always gonna be massive arguments on this always has always will just wait till the VTS owners get on here tonight....

And the top speed for a *mk1* VTR is 113 mk2 may well be faster.

FAIL

Quote:

wait till the VTS owners get on here tonight....
i own a VTS. stop getting all defensive.....
you clearly do care.

You have posted something with no backing behind it.

if your going to be a girl then al point something out mr i read parkers guide.

the actual 0-60 on a mk1 VTR is 9.9 not 9.3 so choose what fact and figures your using and edit your post ;)

Quote:

I purely said that as i knew you would reply. :D

Quote:

Well a civic type R is faster than your VTS
i over took 3 of them in a VTR on the ring...........

your not one of those that sits in macdonalds arguing of parkers guide's are you?

Steve 26th September 2008 19:20

In basic to the main question.

The VTS isnt alot faster then a VTR, purely in a straight line you will see the difference.