Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Automatic mobile (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=437644)

Mcgawn 23rd October 2012 23:13

Automatic mobile

Automatic detection if u are on a mobile device for the lite theme

rey 23rd October 2012 23:27

Please never do this!

The mobile theme is horrible!

mlawlan69 23rd October 2012 23:36

totally agree with rey if your phone cant handle the full site then fine change it, but fir anyone else its shit!!

and the majority of phones are fine with web now.

Mcgawn 24th October 2012 09:16

So use find it easier to use the full desktop site on an iphone say?, web design/development is what i do and use are totally off ure heads if use can use the desktop site to its full potential because u need to zoom in to click through the navigation

Mcgawn 24th October 2012 09:22

Another thing whilst in uni we done a large study to find out what people would use a website on there phone if it didnt automatically give u say a choice of app or mobile version and the result was most people would walk away from the site and find another, and now adays most people only use handheld devices instead of a computer so with it not automatically giving the mobile version on handheld devices it it restricting the amount of people who could potentionally sign up

rey 24th October 2012 09:35

I honestly hate mobile sites.

I'm quite happy zooming in to click on full sites.

Mcgawn 24th October 2012 09:55

Kl but do u not think it should be the other way round if ure on a mobile thats u can pick to use the desktop site the same as every other website?

holdawayt 24th October 2012 09:58

Nope, always use the desktop site. Any decent phone can display it without issue. It's hardly difficult to pinch the screen if you need to zoom in. Not off our heads lol.

Mcgawn 24th October 2012 10:09

All i can say is response time, loading, data allowance, screen size, all comes into play for the desktop site, yes the mobile site could do with an update, expecially a search function and new skin But its handy and quick to use just like tapatalk forum app

holdawayt 24th October 2012 10:12

Good idea bud but hardly any of us use the mobile site or app.

I know your uni research might show some differing data but from experience alone on this forum I don't think it would work.

Mcgawn 24th October 2012 10:31

True maybe there should be a poll section to find this information out lol

rey 24th October 2012 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mcgawn (Post 6132690)
Kl but do u not think it should be the other way round if ure on a mobile thats u can pick to use the desktop site the same as every other website?

Nope, I'd rather have the full site every time, everywhere. With the option to use the mobile site.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mcgawn (Post 6132706)
All i can say is response time, loading, data allowance, screen size, all comes into play for the desktop site, yes the mobile site could do with an update, expecially a search function and new skin But its handy and quick to use just like tapatalk forum app

3G makes load times pretty much a non-issue. Doesn't use that much data, use wifi alot of the time as well, so saves there.

Mcgawn 24th October 2012 10:41

Kl nice chattin about it, was only a suggestion lol seems this forum users prefer desktop on a phone lol

holdawayt 24th October 2012 10:42

You can try a poll if you like, or you could take no for an answer lol.

Mike_420 24th October 2012 10:56

I have no problems running the full site on my phone or previous phones,

i have tried the mobile version and didn't like it at all, its not just for this forum but any site.

fair enough if your phone is slow or you have to pay for the net, but i just feel the mobile versions are boring to look at and id rather see the full site.

rey 24th October 2012 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike_420 (Post 6132741)
i just feel the mobile versions are boring to look at and id rather see the full site.

One of my main gripes with mobile sites. The most bland page designs ever, I know it's for minimal data use etc but they're crap.

And there's is always features of the site missing in mobile themes.

Ryan 24th October 2012 16:03

To conclude no matter what the 'textbook' stats may say people prefer the full site.

Brettles1986 24th October 2012 16:14

This is 2012

End thread