Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Important! : New Moderator JUST For General Chat (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=400446)

Spanky 22nd October 2011 15:33

New Moderator JUST For General Chat

Hey guys/girls/mods etc etc

over the past few weeks and months i have been spending most my time in general chat.

a few words to describe "some" of the things ive seen:

• pathetic
  • worthless
  • spam
  • abuse
  • bullying
  • dissgust
  • sly tricks
  • rule breaking

and boy i could go on!

Now dont get me wrong there is alot of genuine, imformative, funny, entertaining and intresting threads/posts all the same but alot of these can be taken over in a few minutes by what i like the call the "clowns" of Saxp, which alot of the time is a great shame.

im sure im not the only person who is picking up on this but im certainly not one to be taking part in it all.

this used to be, hmm in some ways still is one of the best forums i am a member on but boy so much has changed and not much of it is for the better!

i constantly see threads closed/locked in general, most which were good threads to start with but soon changed and went off topic or just got filled with crap by people.

now without slating the mods as tbh they do a great job (most of the time :P ) but there are so many areas to this forum the mods can not be expected to spend the majority of their time in general changing nappies and wiping arses of those who ant control themselves like little children.

so i am proposing a new idea:

A Moderator solely for the General Chat section, no other area should be moderated by this person but other mods can obviously still deal with things in this area.

an ideal person for this role, imho, would be someone who:

• Does not have leniency to certain people or groups
  • Does not make decisions based on what "others" want
  • Is strict but fair as to not spoil the enjoyment and good times found in General
  • Can be easy to talk to by others who have problems or need help (saxp related)
  • Is a time served member

probs more to list but my mind has totally went blank!!

Now, the part which i think im going to get slated for lol

Im putting myself forward for this position/role as the General Chat Moderator. I feel as though i could manage this and tbh i would actually enjoy it and would like to get it back into order!

I also have some new ideas, just a few for now but im positive more will come which i think could help things alot nicely!

I would discuss all this with the current mods IF they think this idea could work and would be beneficial for Saxp.

I would like to hear opinions from all members/mods good or bad.

Please do use your head and keep it on topic though!

Thanks for your time,

Karl. :hug:

sam_16v 22nd October 2011 16:10

I think this is a great idea, i think you should be given a chance. :y:

Ryan 22nd October 2011 16:23

We have plenty of us who deal with it, just need to start being tighter again after trying to treat the members like adults.

As with anything we are dammed if we do and dammed if we dont.

Its up to members to self moderate quite often, eg know when to not spam every thread in sight because him and his mates are bored and wanting 'banter'.

Theres also the report button got threads going off target, members need to use this properly. The only way to really sort the idiots isnt to have minimods its for the supermods/admin to just start being harder with the ban buttons again.

Spanky 22nd October 2011 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan (Post 5621543)
We have plenty of us who deal with it, just need to start being tighter again after trying to treat the members like adults.

As with anything we are dammed if we do and dammed if we dont.

Its up to members to self moderate quite often, eg know when to not spam every thread in sight because him and his mates are bored and wanting 'banter'.

Theres also the report button got threads going off target, members need to use this properly. The only way to really sort the idiots isnt to have minimods its for the supermods/admin to just start being harder with the ban buttons again.

will this actually happen though?

threads get closed and its all go again the next day

no warnings ever get given out from what ive seen nor does the apropriate action get taken, all in y opinion of corse.

ive also seen someone get banned for defending themselves from people who are breaking the rules in so many ways its unreal, yet they are left to carry on..

seems like alot of the time the wrong people are punished.

shell-vt 22nd October 2011 16:58

all needs sorting just look at some of these threads...

JDub 22nd October 2011 21:47

I think it is dissgusting.

Viper 23rd October 2011 23:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saxo_89 (Post 5621551)
will this actually happen though?

Yeah it will. There have been plenty of times the moderators get sick of all the shit and tighten up. Then people moan, so they relax. Then everyone takes the piss to they have to harden up again.

You can't blame the mods. Blame the incompetent retards that use the forum :y:

Mochachino 23rd October 2011 23:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saxo_89 (Post 5621478)
Hey guys/girls/mods etc etc

over the past few weeks and months i have been spending most my time in general chat.

I should try spending it off the internet. Gen chat on a saxo forum on the internet should be the least of ur worrys, theres alot more to life that should be your concern.

sam_16v 24th October 2011 00:59

but something needs to be done about some of these threads

Viper 24th October 2011 07:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam_8v (Post 5623597)
but something needs to be done about some of these threads

If something feels inappropriate then report it.

Mochachino 24th October 2011 11:48

Whats all these threads people are complaining about anyway?

sam_16v 24th October 2011 13:34

yeah reporting it is all well and good, but would be a great help for the current mods to have someone else supporting them, for example there is a mod especially for the for sale section, correct me if im wrong.

Mochachino 24th October 2011 13:56

I think people need to lighten up and allow the current mods to carry on moddin lol.

If you have any serious concerns phone the police and tell them gen chat on saxp isnt being moderated enough :(

Piggie 24th October 2011 14:35

Swap threads?

Dont come back online?

There are alot of tits on this site. Alot of things that piss me off.

But tbh as said my life has too much going for it to allow me to worry about Saxperience.

The only feature they need to add is a way to delete your own profile permanately. I dont like the fact i can never leave for good. My profile will always be accessible....

J222JRA 24th October 2011 18:16

I dont see the need for new mods personally......

I would say that any reported post gets checked and dealt with as we feel necessary within 10 minutes anyway.

Mods will always be in the wrong though no matter what we do....thats a fact of life.

If anyone has a problem with a specific mod then maybe they should pm the moderator in question or just email Simo..... simo@sax-p.com

Viper 24th October 2011 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam_8v (Post 5624007)
yeah reporting it is all well and good, but would be a great help for the current mods to have someone else supporting them, for example there is a mod especially for the for sale section, correct me if im wrong.

They don't need someone else supporting them. There are plenty of moderators and forum section moderators. The support they get is from people reporting posts that are full of shit.

Tontsy 24th October 2011 19:11

i think there is a report button somewhere, which will notify a Mod that something requires their attention and it will be dealt with.
im not too sure though, i could be wrong?

Ryan 24th October 2011 19:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam_8v (Post 5624007)

and what do you think the several supermods admin and normal mods do? All ignore general chat? :hug:

Mochachino 24th October 2011 19:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tontsy (Post 5624546)
i think there is a report button somewhere, which will notify a Mod that something requires their attention and it will be dealt with.
im not too sure though, i could be wrong?

Reported for inapproipriate sarcasm

EDIT, just read the OP "bullying, sly tricks" :homme: how can people allow themselfs to think theyre being bullied over an internet forum LOL, im going to bully you via my fax machine.

Tontsy 24th October 2011 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by db_sax (Post 5624554)
Reported for inapproipriate sarcasm

EDIT, just read the OP "bullying, sly tricks" :homme: how can people allow themselfs to think theyre being bullied over an internet forum LOL, im going to bully you via my fax machine.

did you get my pigeon message ? thats going to hurt you emotionally ...