Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Saxo Problems & Queries (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Jacking Points and Axle Stands (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=223513)

collinsd70 17th April 2009 16:10

Jacking Points and Axle Stands

I know this subject has been heavily discussed but cannot find all info from using the search so any further advice would be appreciated thanks...

I am becoming increasingly worried about where i can rest the car on axle stands, i prefer to jack the car using the citroen scissor jack as it fits into the sill comfortably but am unable to find a secure place for axle stands on all 4 corners of the car.

Whilst changing my cambelt my dad used a normal car jack with a block of wood and placed it under the car (cant remember where exactly), basically it was weak and bend underneath the car and i was very angry.

Would someone be able to provide pictures of exactly where they can be placed securley, thanks in advance :y:

bluenotesmiley 17th April 2009 16:15

What I usually do it just up to the side of the jacking point and put the stand in the section where you would usually jack the car up.

AlexN 17th April 2009 16:16

look on the sideskirts
the little arrows indicate where the jacking points are
2 on each side

Spanky 17th April 2009 16:34

when i jack my car up i just use anormal jack on the jacking points.

as for where to put axle stands i put mine just near where the wishbones bolt thru..... if you have a look you will see where i meen, always been sturdy and never had a bother.

Not so sure for the rear as never had the axle stands on the rear, but i would presume some section of the back axle

Mr_P 17th April 2009 16:45

just in from the front jacking points there is a sort of beam that runs up the car. It's in about 6 inches from the jacking point. iirc. Block of wood on the jack and jack it up there. Then you can put axle stands on the normal jacking points.

I've never had the back on axle stands so can't comment but i know without the spare wheel and cage you can use a trolley jack on the rear cross member to jack it up.

I think the rear jacking points may just be big enough for both a jack and axle stands though?

VTR-Daemon 18th April 2009 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by collinsd70 (Post 3215921)
I know this subject has been heavily discussed but cannot find all info from using the search so any further advice would be appreciated thanks...

I am becoming increasingly worried about where i can rest the car on axle stands, i prefer to jack the car using the citroen scissor jack as it fits into the sill comfortably but am unable to find a secure place for axle stands on all 4 corners of the car.

Whilst changing my cambelt my dad used a normal car jack with a block of wood and placed it under the car (cant remember where exactly), basically it was weak and bend underneath the car and i was very angry.

Would someone be able to provide pictures of exactly where they can be placed securley, thanks in advance :y:

I've never actually used axle stands tbh... normally use a scissor jack to lift it off then used a trolley jack (my cars lowered so the trolley jack dont fit underneath it unless slightly jacked up beforehand you should be able to fit a trolley jack underneath if its not lowered) and as said before i put a trolley jack on the point near where the wishbones bolt through and its always bin sturdy and ive never had any bother... If you dont think its safe enough stick your spare tyre somehere like underneath the alloy on the side your working on or something just to reassure that if it does collapse it'll save your suspension and your head never really jacked the back end up so cant help you there sorry mate

sanchez89 18th April 2009 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saxo_89 (Post 3215976)
when i jack my car up i just use anormal jack on the jacking points.

as for where to put axle stands i put mine just near where the wishbones bolt thru..... if you have a look you will see where i meen, always been sturdy and never had a bother.

Not so sure for the rear as never had the axle stands on the rear, but i would presume some section of the back axle

i dont suppose you could get a pic or draw a diagram of this location mate? i sort of understand but not sure.

chris_ph2 18th April 2009 12:39

i used to have same problem. saxos are easy the worst car i've owned for jacking

jacking points are too small to jack under then place a stand under. either side of the jacking points is too soft. majority of the rest of the car underneath is too soft or unsafe

figured it out now though. just bought a second trolley jack

for the back:

trolley jack under each of the trailing arm pivot joints, raise them evenly, then axle stands under the jacking points

for the front:

trolley jack under each jacking point then axle stands under where the wishbones bolt to the chassis

i've never had the whole car on 4 stands but if i were to i'd do it as above and in same order. back then front

hope this helps :y:

cheers, chris

VTR-Daemon 18th April 2009 12:51

I never thought about using the trailing arm pivot joints to raise the back... cheers mate its helped me at least :D

chris_ph2 18th April 2009 15:44

no worries mate they sit well in the jacking cup so no risk of sliding off

JamesR 21st April 2009 10:24

Any pictures of where the "jacking" points are?

Are they on the side skirts?

Never jacked my saxo up so sorry for the n00b questions lol

Spanky 21st April 2009 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaXo_vtr123 (Post 3228381)
Any pictures of where the "jacking" points are?

Are they on the side skirts?

Never jacked my saxo up so sorry for the n00b questions lol

basically look on the side skirts and you will see some little arrows.

Look under the skirt where there arrows are and you will see a 3-4 inch long slot on the chassis which is where you would place the jack.

Cant miss it mate.

Richy25988 21st April 2009 11:11

My car is up in the air atm so i thought id take some photos.

Front i tend to use the wishbone where it connects into the footwell. Its a rubber block on the end of the wishbone, ive been using this for ages and i have never had trouble:

Rear i use this, looks like the only sensible place to hold up on stands. Again i have used this many times and had no problems:

Hope this helps :y:

Spanky 21st April 2009 11:41

On your first pic richy.

I use the bit just to the right of the red circle.

The circuler bit.... fits just nicely onto the axle stands :)

JamesR 21st April 2009 13:32

Are the arrows on the skirt, like imprinted or what? i will have a look later aswell though.

Jack_VTR_MKII 25th April 2009 13:57

They are imprinted on the skirt only on models with bodykits such as the VTR.

About 2" big, easily seen when crouching down.

Furio-Gazza 15th June 2011 17:44

Axle stands having been doing my face in all day, i cant jack it from the rear as im to low and i cant even find a jacking point!
so ive jacked it up from the front, but where is the best place to put my 2 axle stands at the rear?
is it safe to put the axle stands under the axle on the rear off a saxo?

m0nk3yb0y94 27th December 2011 00:43

Never had the car off the deck high enough to need axel stands but i now need to get right underneath it.

I have a trolly jack to use and 2 axel stands to get the rear in the air. im planning on jacking it up on the jacking points but then am stuck where to put my axel stands would put them next to the jacking points but am afraid of doing some damage

any help ?