Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat... (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Saxperience community on its arse (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=474589)

ric_b3 19th March 2017 18:46

Saxperience community on its arse

Was a saxo owner few years ago now looking to get another one so I'd thought id come to the best place for info but seems saxp ain't what it used to be what happened???

gti180craig 19th March 2017 18:48

Fb and most have moved on but there are still a few of us here lol

ric_b3 19th March 2017 18:53

Yeah see a few names about looked on the south east forum and looks like the south east died a long time ago

AXracing 19th March 2017 21:25

Not that many Saxos about anymore too. Most of the old members have moved on to newer things. Some of us old timers still pop on now and then to see if anyone is about.

ESD1711 20th March 2017 12:54

Ironically it seems the most regular hot topic on here is the discussions on where all the regulars / hot topics have gone.

Unfortunately I think its just a sign of the times now. Its become much more of a knowledge base than it has a community now.

Its a shame really, but I suppose you cant really 'force' folk to post things.

AdamH 21st March 2017 10:20

Simo recently started to post again so I expect some decision with the direction of sax-p...

facebook groups are full of idiots so I prefer forums

gti180craig 21st March 2017 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamH (Post 6547609)
Simo recently started to post again so I expect some decision with the direction of sax-p...

facebook groups are full of idiots so I prefer forums

I agree the forums are full of useful information I wouldn't know half the stuff I know without the help of the search button and the members etc I hope saxp carries on and doesn't get shut down

Scott 21st March 2017 10:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by ric_b3 (Post 6547575)
Was a saxo owner few years ago now looking to get another one so I'd thought id come to the best place for info but seems saxp ain't what it used to be what happened???

You have answered your own question :P

People moved on from the saxo and with that moved on from this forum.

ric_b3 21st March 2017 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott (Post 6547613)
You have answered your own question :P

People moved on from the saxo and with that moved on from this forum.

Yeah I know what you mean but you just expect fresh meat to replace the ones leaving

Like I said looking into getting another soon as a work car so I'll be on Abit more hopefully

sri_130 23rd March 2017 10:20

Still lively on the continent, where the saxo lives on due to crazy car prices & better weather. Portugal for example. I've sold half a dozen items to dudes over there from Ebay - no one wants them over here.

The facebook groups are a joke. Useful for the modern 'scroll and forget' generation. Some of the adverts on there make me cringe. One picture of an exterior of the car and 14 incorrectly spelt mods is a for sale post.
You can never sell on them either - as your post ends up being a post with tags of other people's names in.

The groups have killed most forums unfortunately, couple that with the fact the saxo is pretty much dead as a car in circulation...

naddy37 23rd March 2017 17:31

Hope it's not on it's arse. Only just recently got mine as a little runaround. Already learnt loads from this place.

Mind you, was the same when I had my smart car. 7 odd years ago, forums were buzzzing, these days, nothing!

Gabbastard 26th March 2017 10:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by sri_130 (Post 6547662)
The facebook groups are a joke. Useful for the modern 'scroll and forget' generation. Some of the adverts on there make me cringe. One picture of an exterior of the car and 14 incorrectly spelt mods is a for sale post.
You can never sell on them either - as your post ends up being a post with tags of other people's names in.

Also, any Saxo/106 that is for sale is ALWAYS "cammed no proof"

As others have said, there are no Saxos left. I saw a VTS a few weeks ago and got all excited! You used to be ablr to check autotrader and choose from a few hundred VTR/VTSs.

Not to mention young people nowadays dont want an old car, they want an S3 or Golf R on finance. In short, the worlds changed really!

ESD1711 27th March 2017 06:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by sri_130 (Post 6547662)
Still lively on the continent, where the saxo lives on due to crazy car prices & better weather. Portugal for example. I've sold half a dozen items to dudes over there from Ebay - no one wants them over here.

The groups have killed most forums unfortunately, couple that with the fact the saxo is pretty much dead as a car in circulation...

Kinda agree with you on the down side of the facebook group pages, but unfortunately its become the case that if you want goodies for your car - these are the most likely places to find them - which is annoying for the reasons you've already stated.

Would be good if everyone selling on those pages were posting here and making the for sale section on this site a bit more active.

Gandi699 27th March 2017 10:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabbastard (Post 6547700)
Also, any Saxo/106 that is for sale is ALWAYS "cammed no proof"

As others have said, there are no Saxos left. I saw a VTS a few weeks ago and got all excited! You used to be ablr to check autotrader and choose from a few hundred VTR/VTSs.

Not to mention young people nowadays dont want an old car, they want an S3 or Golf R on finance. In short, the worlds changed really!

always makes me laugh that, get yourself in 30ks worth of debt just to be seen driving a top of the range golf or audi.
You see it a lot on facebook groups, 18 year olds only been driving a year so have a brand new 1.2 Corsa (on finance) then looking to upgrade to a 30 grand 300+bhp hot hatch as their next car (on more finance or lease). Yet their job title is "crew member at McDonalds". LOL

:wall:

ric_b3 27th March 2017 21:22

And still only allowed out at certain times due to having a black box fitted

Stissy 28th March 2017 13:12

It’s not just Saxp. Forums on a whole are dropping in traffic. FB groups etc. seem to have taken over.

Stissy 28th March 2017 13:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gandi699 (Post 6547717)
always makes me laugh that, get yourself in 30ks worth of debt just to be seen driving a top of the range golf or audi.
You see it a lot on facebook groups, 18 year olds only been driving a year so have a brand new 1.2 Corsa (on finance) then looking to upgrade to a 30 grand 300+bhp hot hatch as their next car (on more finance or lease). Yet their job title is "crew member at McDonalds". LOL

:wall:

Each to their own mate. I’ve owned little runarounds for sub £1k as well as 300bhp BMWs on finance (HP not lease). It’s all about situation. Some people get paid a lot of money but still live at home, why not get a ridiculous car whilst you still can? There’s plenty of time to grow up and get a mortgage or whatever.

02FiveO 28th March 2017 19:55

Well, I 've kinda stumbled n fallen through the door of this club!
A 50 yr old bloke who didn't look much at the pics on eBay when I did a Buy it Now, without viewing. Got fed up risking it on 2 wheels in -5 celsius and just went by the ad description really!
On collecting it, I noticed the body kit trim, then the chrome exhaust tip and thought....Umm, what have I bought???
Frickin ell, the insurance and tax is a bit steep, but for 260 quid its a great car.
I find the gas pedal a bit too easy and when someone is faffing around on a roundabout...I JUST LAUNCH!!! Hehe, its so much fun at 50!

Gandi699 29th March 2017 14:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stissy (Post 6547746)
Each to their own mate. I’ve owned little runarounds for sub £1k as well as 300bhp BMWs on finance (HP not lease). It’s all about situation. Some people get paid a lot of money but still live at home, why not get a ridiculous car whilst you still can? There’s plenty of time to grow up and get a mortgage or whatever.

I agree if you can afford it go for it but the trend currently seems to be finance a new car especially with the amount of facebook "bragging" that goes on in some groups. How many young-uns do you see these days in an old knacker like you would 10-15 years ago?
Then again with deals like the just add fuel stuff it also has its merits if you arent up for tinkering with old shite.
Guess saxos werent too different considering PSA sold them with insurance deals back in the day too

ric_b3 30th March 2017 13:18

It's weird they just don't appreciate old cars any more